Thoughts On Liquid Magnesium?

jzeno

I've seen a few liquid Magnesium products.

Any thoughts on their relative effectiveness to other dry products and external products?
Seems like a good idea to me.

I know when you take Mag Citrate or Mag Sulfate at a certain saturation the body responds with a bowel movement but these supplements don't seem to have the same effect.

Not sure what the absorption rate of either of these are either, but it seems like a perfectly safe way to supplement Magnesium.

Any reason not to?

Frankdee20

Most liquid Magnesium is the citrate form. I use the chloride/acetate mix from Cardiovascular Research. Pure Encapsulations makes the glycinate liquid, but is very expensive.

Mg Chloride gives me diarrhea even taken with sodium bicarbonate. Topical application is quite good but I found out that one can overdo topical Mg chloride and get some degree of hypermagnesemia.

Makrosky

I've seen a few liquid Magnesium products.

Any thoughts on their relative effectiveness to other dry products and external products?
Seems like a good idea to me.

I know when you take Mag Citrate or Mag Sulfate at a certain saturation the body responds with a bowel movement but these supplements don't seem to have the same effect.

Not sure what the absorption rate of either of these are either, but it seems like a perfectly safe way to supplement Magnesium.

Any reason not to?
Why not try Magnesium Bicarbonate ? Almost everybody here seems to like it.

I have also heard that it contains some form of bioavailable danwichquinones.

Inaut

i've been adding about 400mg of mag carbonate (1 tsp) to two tbsps of apple cider vinegar -- swishing it around until all the mag is dissolved---then topping up glass with water and a 1/4 tsp of baking soda --twice daily and have absolutely no negative effects from it. i was having problems tolerating other forms of magnesium but next to mag bicarb (which i havent tried)---this is a real winner for me. not sure who posted this method but thanks to whoever did. magnesium acetate much?

Frankdee20

I do about 200-300 as chloride/acetate liquid, and 200-300 as citrate/malate caps. I want to go higher because magnesium is really helping my shoulder dyskenesis profoundly. However, I don’t want my but to hurt or go to high. So I supplement all and all about 1.5 to 2 times the RDA, and no bad effects to report

RealNeat

i've been adding about 400mg of mag carbonate (1 tsp) to two tbsps of apple cider vinegar -- swishing it around until all the mag is dissolved---then topping up glass with water and a 1/4 tsp of baking soda --twice daily and have absolutely no negative effects from it. i was having problems tolerating other forms of magnesium but next to mag bicarb (which i havent tried)---this is a real winner for me. not sure who posted this method but thanks to whoever did. magnesium acetate much?

why not just take magnesium chloride? all of these forms, mag bicarbonate and mag acetate seem to become mag chloride in reaction with stomach acid.

yerrag

why not just take magnesium chloride? all of these forms, mag bicarbonate and mag acetate seem to become mag chloride in reaction with stomach acid.
I don't agree. I've personally felt the acidifying effects of taking magnesium chloride. I have to keep saying it because you and @burtlancast promote magnesium chloride in your posts. I may have done so as well in the past. But I've long changed my mind about mag chloride for good reason. I've felt the bad effects. Taking it for a month really made me acidic and I developed a persistent dry cough that wouldn't go away. It was when I tested my urine pH that I saw what the daily magnesium chloride was doing to me. Notwithstanding the daily ascorbic acid I was taking as well.

You said in another thread that Mark Sircus had recommended magnesium chloride, saying so many good things about it. That it is even better than magnesium bicarbonate. But when I did my own search, it turns out Mark Sircus said one thing at one point in time (about mag chloride being superior), and then at a later time, he was promoting magnesium bicarbonate as better. These things do happen, and one could be wrong, and one's opinion can change upon further discovery.

As for myself, I have been using magnesium bicarbonate and I have had no bad effects from it. I find it to be among the cheapest magnesium supplementation, without needing to ingest more chelates than magnesium, and with the benefit of bicarbonate intake. As an organic acid, carbonic acid just metabolizes without having any acidic effects (as only water is produced), unlike magnesium chloride, which has the chloride that combines with hydrogen to produced a strong acid, HCl.

Guys, experiment and observe. And prove me wrong. There are many people who won't do that, and won't buy a urine pH test strip to test themselves out. This kind of reliance on the word of a doctor (who is only human, and could be wrong) is not going to help with improving one's health. Why not start taking a therapeutic dose of 600mg of elemental magnesium in the form of magnesium chloride, daily, for say, 2 months. Each week, test your urine pH to see where it is. Optimal urine pH is 6.4- 6.8. When I took mag chloride, I had my urine pH hitting 5.5 on the Hydrion pH test strip with a range of 5.5 - 8.0. It was that bad. When I stopped the mag chloride supplementation, my persistent dry cough went away shortly, and my pH went up as well.

Go with magnesium bicarbonate. It's easy to make it. Just buy a 500 ml bottle of carbonated water. Put in the freezer to really get it cold to freezing point, without freezing the water. Open the bottle and put 1 gram of magnesium hydroxide, which you can buy from Bulksupplements. Cap the bottle and shake. There's enough CO2 in the bottle to convert the magnesium hydroxide into magnesium bicarbonate. Drink and enjoy. I now drink it every evening, mixed with 1 g of taurine. It seems to help me with sleep. I avoid taking it during the day as it makes me sleepy.

Recoen

I don't agree. I've personally felt the acidifying effects of taking magnesium chloride. I have to keep saying it because you and @burtlancast promote magnesium chloride in your posts. I may have done so as well in the past. But I've long changed my mind about mag chloride for good reason. I've felt the bad effects. Taking it for a month really made me acidic and I developed a persistent dry cough that wouldn't go away. It was when I tested my urine pH that I saw what the daily magnesium chloride was doing to me. Notwithstanding the daily ascorbic acid I was taking as well.

You said in another thread that Mark Sircus had recommended magnesium chloride, saying so many good things about it. That it is even better than magnesium bicarbonate. But when I did my own search, it turns out Mark Sircus said one thing at one point in time (about mag chloride being superior), and then at a later time, he was promoting magnesium bicarbonate as better. These things do happen, and one could be wrong, and one's opinion can change upon further discovery.

As for myself, I have been using magnesium bicarbonate and I have had no bad effects from it. I find it to be among the cheapest magnesium supplementation, without needing to ingest more chelates than magnesium, and with the benefit of bicarbonate intake. As an organic acid, carbonic acid just metabolizes without having any acidic effects (as only water is produced), unlike magnesium chloride, which has the chloride that combines with hydrogen to produced a strong acid, HCl.

Guys, experiment and observe. And prove me wrong. There are many people who won't do that, and won't buy a urine pH test strip to test themselves out. This kind of reliance on the word of a doctor (who is only human, and could be wrong) is not going to help with improving one's health. Why not start taking a therapeutic dose of 600mg of elemental magnesium in the form of magnesium chloride, daily, for say, 2 months. Each week, test your urine pH to see where it is. Optimal urine pH is 6.4- 6.8. When I took mag chloride, I had my urine pH hitting 5.5 on the Hydrion pH test strip with a range of 5.5 - 8.0. It was that bad. When I stopped the mag chloride supplementation, my persistent dry cough went away shortly, and my pH went up as well.

Go with magnesium bicarbonate. It's easy to make it. Just buy a 500 ml bottle of carbonated water. Put in the freezer to really get it cold to freezing point, without freezing the water. Open the bottle and put 1 gram of magnesium hydroxide, which you can buy from Bulksupplements. Cap the bottle and shake. There's enough CO2 in the bottle to convert the magnesium hydroxide into magnesium bicarbonate. Drink and enjoy. I now drink it every evening, mixed with 1 g of taurine. It seems to help me with sleep. I avoid taking it during the day as it makes me sleepy.
Did you try magnoil? If you did, will you please compare its efficacy to the Mg bicarb?

yerrag

Did you try magnoil? If you did, will you please compare its efficacy to the Mg bicarb?
No, I didn't try it. I don't plan to either, as I'm already fine with a much lower-cost source of magnesium.

yerrag

unlike magnesium chloride, which has the chloride that combines with hydrogen to produced a strong acid, HCl.
Lest I get misinterpreted to mean that all chlorides are bad, let me clarify. Sodium chloride and potassium chloride doesn't have that acidic effect. But magnesium chloride and calcium chloride does. It's better to read the attached study or article by Remer to understand why:

Attachments

• Remer Acid-Base.pdf
    613.1 KB · Views: 44

magnesiumania

Magnesium from a lake works fine with me. It contains chloride and i dont know if its ideal. But it has many trace minerals like lithium. Not that im convinced lithium is good for me tho...

yerrag

Magnesium from a lake works fine with me. It contains chloride and i dont know if its ideal. But it has many trace minerals like lithium. Not that im convinced lithium is good for me tho...
Is it magnesium chloride? I'm talking about magnesium chloride, not trace minerals though.

meatbag

every oral magnesium I've ever tried caused me problems personally. I like to take a bath in baking soda and epsom salt :artist:

magnesiumania

Is it magnesium chloride? I'm talking about magnesium chloride, not trace minerals though.
It is an ionic for mag i think. Chloride just naturally occur in the lake where it originate from. (Any possibly any lake?)

Jam

Donat Mg is my preference for magnesium supplementation... 1g magnesium / L. Luckily, they sell it in most supermarkets here. I don't do well with mag chloride either, gave me the same symptoms @yerrag described (persistent dry cough at night and acidic urine ph).

yerrag

It is an ionic for mag i think. Chloride just naturally occur in the lake where it originate from. (Any possibly any lake?)
Thanks. I think it's also promoted by this lady doctor and author, the name I can't recall. I was afraid it might just be mag chloride, but I guess I was wrong as it seems to go well on you. It's a little pricey but as long as it is absorbed very well and helps your health, it's still worth it.

Donat Mg is my preference for magnesium supplementation... 1g magnesium / L. Luckily, they sell it in most supermarkets here. I don't do well with mag chloride either, gave me the same symptoms @yerrag described (persistent dry cough at night and acidic urine ph).
That is some water! Has very high mineral content. Must be what Melania Trump and Goran Dragic and Luka Doncic drinks. It really built their structure!

Since it's got few chlorides, and plenty of sulfates, there's no chance you're drinking in magnesium in the form of chlorides. But the magnesium content - dope!

koky

peat has recommended mag carbonate a number of times - works well for me
and I even was formerly mr mag on here

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals