There's Goes Another!

Nstocks

I've just found another hole in my tooth :( That's 3 in the past year, all in the lower molars. Plus, I'm pretty sure one of the upper molars that was filled years ago now has hole between two teeth.

No fluoride, natural tooth paste for 10 years. Floss almost daily. Obviously high sugar diet...

Any tips?! (already on D3/K2)

tankasnowgod

I've just found another hole in my tooth :( That's 3 in the past year, all in the lower molars. Plus, I'm pretty sure one of the upper molars that was filled years ago now has hole between two teeth.

No fluoride, natural tooth paste for 10 years. Floss almost daily. Obviously high sugar diet...

I got four ideas....

Ever tried a "Magic Mouthwash?" That basically a mouthwash with an antibiotic. I have some tetracycline, and make my own, with just that, water and vodka. I only do that once every two weeks or so.

Second, try Life Extension Toothpaste. It also has collidal silver, lactoferrin, and CoQ10. This should keep bacteria more favorable.

Third, use a waterpick. I use mine once a week, plus if I ever get food stuck in my teeth.

Lastly, Red Light. I've been shining some in my mouth for 5-10 minutes a day.

I think the LEF toothpaste and red light have really improved my dental health. Gums are better than I can remember, and I have some teeth that I *think* might be re-mineralizing.

tankasnowgod

One other idea.... can you up your dairy intake? I've seen testimonials from people doing a milk only diet saying that it does amazing things for your teeth, even more so than K2.

marcar72

I would suggest magnesium supplementation and go ahead and use some flouride toothpaste. I still do.

Peata

There's an article on 180 degree health website called "how to strengthen bones and teeth with white sugar"that might be helpful.

encerent

Gotta be rinsing (with salt/baking soda water or xylitol perhaps) between drinking sweet and acidic things like orange juice and coke.

Dhair

I got four ideas....

Ever tried a "Magic Mouthwash?" That basically a mouthwash with an antibiotic. I have some tetracycline, and make my own, with just that, water and vodka. I only do that once every two weeks or so.

Second, try Life Extension Toothpaste. It also has collidal silver, lactoferrin, and CoQ10. This should keep bacteria more favorable.

Third, use a waterpick. I use mine once a week, plus if I ever get food stuck in my teeth.

Lastly, Red Light. I've been shining some in my mouth for 5-10 minutes a day.

I think the LEF toothpaste and red light have really improved my dental health. Gums are better than I can remember, and I have some teeth that I *think* might be re-mineralizing.
Red light should do the trick. I'm going to start doing this after I buy a Red Light Man device.
Do you use bulbs or LED?

tankasnowgod

Have you used it on the thyroid or for hair loss? What kind of effects have you noticed?

I have used it on the Thyroid. I'm now taking significantly less NDT or T4/T3 than I used to, and I suspect I will get to a point where I use thyroid only occasionally. Temps and pulse have both been great. I got a full head of hair, so that's not an issue, but I do expose my hair to the light for about 30-60 seconds directly. I made a thread about it - https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/red-light-man-full-body-device.16625/

I've been noticing the improvement in my gums since I wrote that. I love the RLM products.

sladerunner69

I recently had a cavity too. I never had a cavity before, that I can remember. I had stopped brushing and flossing because I gave up on cleaning myself for females who have unilaterally been nothing but an absurd chore anyways. So no brushing and no flossing but my teeth still look nice and strong, but I obviously I cant afford to keep getting cavities so maybe I will begin a mouthwash regimen. I remember a study done by Weston A Price about how the most important factor in mouth health is saliva quality, which is largely regulated by thyroid function.

But just look at Ray Peat's teeth, he never cared about brushing or keeping his teeth caked in sugar and his teeth look completely immaculate!

Dhair

I recently had a cavity too. I never had a cavity before, that I can remember. I had stopped brushing and flossing because I gave up on cleaning myself for females who have unilaterally been nothing but an absurd chore anyways. So no brushing and no flossing but my teeth still look nice and strong, but I obviously I cant afford to keep getting cavities so maybe I will begin a mouthwash regimen. I remember a study done by Weston A Price about how the most important factor in mouth health is saliva quality, which is largely regulated by thyroid function.

But just look at Ray Peat's teeth, he never cared about brushing or keeping his teeth caked in sugar and his teeth look completely immaculate!
I believe he's actually missing a tooth or two. It's been discussed on the forum.
There are some studies with red light on teeth and periodontal issues that are extremely impressive. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to take care of cavities.

Dhair

Wait, you have stopped cleaning yourself because you don't want to interact with females? What?

J

James IV

Cutting starch, and adding lots more dairy, sugar, and calories literally filled in a cavity that I've had for almost 2 years, in less than 6 weeks. Not sure which was the most helpful.

Sheik

Dudes, dudes, dudes. Ray has dentures.

I've had cavities recently as well and I was wondering if @haidut's vitamin K in DMSO would be better to swish around the mouth than Thorne K2 (which is in MCT oil and mixed tocopherols). Does the DMSO cause more absorption into the tooth and is that what we want?

Mountain

Cutting starch, and adding lots more dairy, sugar, and calories literally filled in a cavity that I've had for almost 2 years, in less than 6 weeks. Not sure which was the most helpful.

Nice I have a cavity that I think has been pretty stable for a few years. Do you remember how big and in which tooth your one was?

sladerunner69

Wait, you have stopped cleaning yourself because you don't want to interact with females? What?

I would love to interact with females if it was normal and productive. As the years have gone by and I have had less and less success with the ladies, I have felt more and more like pursuing romance is a waste of time. Often it bothers me deeply and I am troubled. The females around my college and town are really anti-social for the most part, very self centerred and I think it has a lot to do with society fosterring them to believe they don't ahve to contribute in a meaningful way, and they take advantage of this. The guys I see having the most success with relationship and women are what I would consider to be clinical morons.

I mean here I am, 24 years old, 230 lbs of muscular adonis, and I am in constant distress about women. Its like a constant chip on my shoulder that I cant break off. If you had any advice to share I am all ears.

Queequeg

I would love to interact with females if it was normal and productive. As the years have gone by and I have had less and less success with the ladies, I have felt more and more like pursuing romance is a waste of time. Often it bothers me deeply and I am troubled. The females around my college and town are really anti-social for the most part, very self centerred and I think it has a lot to do with society fosterring them to believe they don't ahve to contribute in a meaningful way, and they take advantage of this. The guys I see having the most success with relationship and women are what I would consider to be clinical morons.

I mean here I am, 24 years old, 230 lbs of muscular adonis, and I am in constant distress about women. Its like a constant chip on my shoulder that I cant break off. If you had any advice to share I am all ears.

Dhair

I see. I can relate to the first part for sure. Young western women are becoming increasingly masculinized and self-absorbed to the point where it's almost baffling. It probably has to do with the fact that you're not engaging with those females in an environment where they are likely to open up. Alternatively, you could go to a place where you're more likely to meet a less immature girl, like a library or volunteering some place.
I hope your comment about being a muscular Adonis was tongue-in-cheek. It's not that I don't believe that you are one, but it's not exactly healthy to go around with that kind of narcissistic attitude while being resentful of women at the same time. This is a recipe for disaster, not just in terms of how you interact with women, but for your mental health in general.
Also, even if you have no use for women right now, it's not a good idea to neglect your hygiene. That is textbook antisocial behavior (especially when it stems from resentment) and would not exactly do wonders for your personal or professional life.