The 'Japanese Paradox'

Wagner83

LOL! The Phenol Explorer! That's real a cool website, but its not showing endive. And according the study you found, the endive has kaempferol in amounts much greater than those listed on the Phenol Explorer—which also ignores the stereotypical kaempferol‐containing berrry, the strawberry. And strawberries also have LSD.. .

View attachment 8187

.. .or a least significant difference of 6.2 between determinations.

Gil, Maria I. "Changes in strawberry anthocyanins and other polyphenols in response to carbon dioxide treatments." Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (1997)
Capers:
100mg/100g = 1mg/g = 1000 ug/g
Endives:
250mg/kg = 0.25 mg/g
No ?

Damn can I extract the lsd from strawberries? I can't imagine something more Peat approved, LSD from organic fruits. Strawberries are by far among my favourite fruits, maybe that's why, LSD, kaempferol, sugar, color, taste..price...

Last edited:
OP
Travis

Travis

Capers:
100mg/100g = 1mg/g = 1000 ug/g
Endives:
250mg/kg = 0.25 mg/g
No ?

Damn can I extract the lsd from strawberries? I can't imagine something more Peat approved, LSD from organic fruits. Strawberries are by far among my favourite fruits, maybe that's why, LSD, kaempferol, sugar, color, taste..price...
Okay. The capers were listed under 'condiments,' and both strawberries and endives have more kaempferol than every other item listed besides—yet they themselves are not listed.

And the salt content of capers might preclude any significant consumption.

I think raw endives would be the way to go. The experimenters had choose them for a reason, yet gave the subjects piddly amounts in cooked form. I know endives are cheap, and reminiscent of the centre of a romaine lettuce head. Endives are something you could easily eat in pound amounts, or ~100‧mg kaempferol.

This could be a little fact to keep in mind for people who rotate greens. It's getting pretty well‐known that arugula is characterized by a high nitrate content, spinach by its oxalate content, and domestic kale by small amount of thiocyanate‐releasing glycosides; now perhaps it could be worth remembering that endives have a massively‐high kaempferol content, a polyphenol which can stimulate thyroxine activation like no other.

Wagner83

I guess I'll have to eat 100g of capers just to be right. I used to eat lots of endives, I don't remember anything particular but then I didn't pay attention to foods, I loved salads. I do think the fibers and raw veggies can be irritating if one has not adapted to a raw diet like you did. If you experiment with it it'd be nice to hear about it.
From the wiki:
Kaempferol is a natural flavonol, a type of flavonoid, found in a variety of plants and plant-derived foods. Kaempferol is a yellow crystalline solid with a melting point of 276–278 °C (529–532 °F). It is slightly soluble in water and highly soluble in hot ethanol, ethers, and DMSO.
Endive liquor?
Endive split?

Last edited:
OP
Travis

Travis

I guess I'll have to eat 100g of capers just to be right. I used to eat lots of endives, I don't remember anything particular but then I didn't pay attention to foods, I loved salads. I do think the fibers and raw veggies can be irritating if one has not adapted to a raw diet like you did. If you experiment with it it'd be nice to hear about it.
From the wiki:

Endive liquor?
Endive split?
I used to dump a $2 can of olives (in water; no added iron) on a salad, along with coconut cream. This was very good, and I suppose a small jar of capers could be good as well.. .

'It is slightly soluble in water and highly soluble in hot ethanol,' ―Wagner83

You shouldn't have mentioned 'hot ethanol.' I am a recovering saki addict and you're driving me into a relapse.

OP
Travis

Travis

Travisord, fisetin keeps popping up. It's the second time that I read Ray mentioning it (recent email exchange with some guru and in that newsletter on cancer), I came accross it here, and now you pull me a 'da Silva' when I wasn't expecting. However(!): "fisetin"

Fisetin: A Dietary Antioxidant for Health Promotion
These polyphenols are quite interesting. I would estimate that there are about fifteen commonly tested ones, with about five more sometimes tested in battery assays (i.e. genestein; epigallocatechin gallate). On cell proliferation assays, growth inhibition seems to correlate with glyoxylase I inhibition—something I'd noticed myself, later confirmed by a Japanese scientist–author in an article on hinokitiol. Baicalein always represented the wildcard of the series, being sometimes the most powerful and sometimes less than myricetin; but later, I had found it to be a potent inhibitor of the eicosanoid‐producing lipoxygenase—a somewhat plausible explanation if I could venture.

And as you can see from kaempferol, just one hydroxyl group on the ring can give a polyphenol unusual affinity for a molecular target. But before getting too hyped‐up about certain polyphenols, I think it could be helpful to read some more pharmacokinetics. It would be good to know the general concentrations of polyphenols achievable and their distribution; this would simplify things considerably since we'd then know the 'outrageous concentration' ⟶ then able to disregard all studies using anything greater than such a concentration.

But three small molecules found in tree bark are even better than any polyphenol at inhibiting the enzyme glyoxylase one: lapachol, β-lapachone, and hinokitiol are certainly the most potent. These molecules are exceeded only by 'Thornally's Monstrosity'—bromobenzylglutathione diethyl ester—which is too big to quickly enter the cell and can be hydrolyzed by membrane enzymes even when it does. Curcumin is also effective with the isolated enzyme yet can barely penetrate the cell, where also inhibits cyclooxygenase‐2 so well that it's hard to tell exactly how in inhibits growth.

So for raising methylglyoxal peripherally, its: lapachol, β-lapachone, hinokitiol, threonine . . . or it's just stamp collecting.

Obi-wan

Following the @Travis/methyglyoxal trail from class room to class room. Is @Sheila quietly lurking about.

Sheila

Dear Master Obi-wan,
I trust you are going well.

I have always found this forum of tremendous value to me and those whom I care about and thus I flit in and out as time allows and Jedi Masters' call. As ever my thanks to all for the time they take in informing me. It is not my intention to teach, what, really do I know? but I do experiment with n>1 and observe intently. Of course an important consideration with any effect, is, are we seeing what we think we are seeing, and how, in the complexity and reality that is a whole person, can one deduce a single factorial cause and effect anyway... There are many, many interesting people on here and their wonderful contributions give me much pause for thought, as well as review the item at hand's/concept applicability to, dare I say it, real world scenarios. Today, since it is too hot to knock the heads off any more dying agapanthi, and since I have been called to the Master's classroom, a few comments on this thread if I may, take them for what they are worth to you, including: not much.

Discerning readers probably realize by now that cardiovascular disease has very little to do with cholesterol and everything to do with ascorbate and lipoprotein(a), and that the differential cancer rates in the Japanese can probably best be explained by thee things: the ω−6/ω−3 ratio, the high polyamine content of soy and soy sauce, and green tea (don't laugh; just keep reading).

I may well be undiscerning, but experience suggests to me that there are many other factors outside of those stated that can promote both cardiovascular disease and differential cancer rates between populations. What about their inherent culture, behaviour, thinking, what, when and how they eat and drink as well as what they consume? Do we really believe that just eating the same things will give us the same results? How do some people reach a century with cigarettes as a staple (cf. the ex-Queen Mother, gin clearly (and thankfully) also has marvellous longevity effects) and others succumb earlier to the 'death cult'?

Referring back to Dr Koch, he outlined 10, I think, behaviours that were advantageous, if not essential to healing as he saw it. They're all the unsexy things like - rest, chewing your food slowly and fully, eschewing tension and tension-inducing people, not overeating, avoiding internal and external irritants/irritation etc. There are some brilliant minds on here but often the context in which supplements and foods are utilised is under-mentioned, I guess it's b o r i n g, or even o b v i o u s, but in my experience, it might just be important. And we need both, the enquiring minds, their technical brilliance and wit (I particularly like those who know not to take their work too seriously - none of us get out alive after all) or we'd never make advances into new and 'helpful' things at all, or find our way through all the good, bad and downright ugly ideas out there. But a pile of helpful stuff may, or may not 'help' depending on the context in which it is taken/applied. A trivial but personal example: Red light has tremendous mitochondrial stimulation potential according to the studies. And in reality: pay attention using red light whilst reading something intellectually fascinating, or one will forget the time, and burn one's arse. You have been warned, context - and mindfulness - appears to matter as well as your current chosen path. Or maybe I am just heading for extinction early, where are those damned Camels when you need them?

One of the other points that occurs to me is that anything in excess - excess for that person, no matter how 'theoretically' beneficial - is an excess. The body has to spend precious energy defending or removing. Again Dr Koch warned of acetylcholine excess and that it could also poison in that regard. But one could just as easily discuss iodine, calcium or Pau d'arco. More is not necessarily better. If one is 'pounding green tea' (as has been written before), what does that say about the context the green tea finds itself in? Pounding a body into submission with green tea sounds stressful. Back to Koch and to paraphrase, healing bodies need rest, kindness, simple food, care as well as supplemental assistance. In my experience working on the former has rendered the latter spectacularly successful (because the supplements always get the glory) and relying on the latter without attention and observation, less so.

I have noted you are most observant, Master Obi-wan, and wish you continuing good health.
Sincerely,
Sheila

OP
Travis

Travis

Dear Master Obi-wan,
I trust you are going well.

I have always found this forum of tremendous value to me and those whom I care about and thus I flit in and out as time allows and Jedi Masters' call. As ever my thanks to all for the time they take in informing me. It is not my intention to teach, what, really do I know? but I do experiment with n>1 and observe intently. Of course an important consideration with any effect, is, are we seeing what we think we are seeing, and how, in the complexity and reality that is a whole person, can one deduce a single factorial cause and effect anyway... There are many, many interesting people on here and their wonderful contributions give me much pause for thought, as well as review the item at hand's/concept applicability to, dare I say it, real world scenarios. Today, since it is too hot to knock the heads off any more dying agapanthi, and since I have been called to the Master's classroom, a few comments on this thread if I may, take them for what they are worth to you, including: not much.

I may well be undiscerning, but experience suggests to me that there are many other factors outside of those stated that can promote both cardiovascular disease and differential cancer rates between populations. What about their inherent culture, behaviour, thinking, what, when and how they eat and drink as well as what they consume? Do we really believe that just eating the same things will give us the same results? How do some people reach a century with cigarettes as a staple (cf. the ex-Queen Mother, gin clearly (and thankfully) also has marvellous longevity effects) and others succumb earlier to the 'death cult'?

Referring back to Dr Koch, he outlined 10, I think, behaviours that were advantageous, if not essential to healing as he saw it. They're all the unsexy things like - rest, chewing your food slowly and fully, eschewing tension and tension-inducing people, not overeating, avoiding internal and external irritants/irritation etc. There are some brilliant minds on here but often the context in which supplements and foods are utilised is under-mentioned, I guess it's b o r i n g, or even o b v i o u s, but in my experience, it might just be important. And we need both, the enquiring minds, their technical brilliance and wit (I particularly like those who know not to take their work too seriously - none of us get out alive after all) or we'd never make advances into new and 'helpful' things at all, or find our way through all the good, bad and downright ugly ideas out there. But a pile of helpful stuff may, or may not 'help' depending on the context in which it is taken/applied. A trivial but personal example: Red light has tremendous mitochondrial stimulation potential according to the studies. And in reality: pay attention using red light whilst reading something intellectually fascinating, or one will forget the time, and burn one's arse. You have been warned, context - and mindfulness - appears to matter as well as your current chosen path. Or maybe I am just heading for extinction early, where are those damned Camels when you need them?

One of the other points that occurs to me is that anything in excess - excess for that person, no matter how 'theoretically' beneficial - is an excess. The body has to spend precious energy defending or removing. Again Dr Koch warned of acetylcholine excess and that it could also poison in that regard. But one could just as easily discuss iodine, calcium or Pau d'arco. More is not necessarily better. If one is 'pounding green tea' (as has been written before), what does that say about the context the green tea finds itself in? Pounding a body into submission with green tea sounds stressful. Back to Koch and to paraphrase, healing bodies need rest, kindness, simple food, care as well as supplemental assistance. In my experience working on the former has rendered the latter spectacularly successful (because the supplements always get the glory) and relying on the latter without attention and observation, less so.

I have noted you are most observant, Master Obi-wan, and wish you continuing good health.
Sincerely,
Sheila
I'm not going to drink green tea any more unless I can find some borax; the green tea has ~3‧ppm fluoride and it makes me feel funny after a few days. Boron complexes with the flouride ion forming fluoroborates (i.e. BF₃), which are more readily eliminated. Boron is an essential nutrient in plants, but it hasn't really been elevated up to 'mineral status' quite yet. You don't see food boron levels on nutritiondata.com or the cronometer, but it is there—it's in the plants.

I thought the studies I had read on green tea were convincing—the epidemiology—yet will freely admit that they use too high of a dose in the cell studies.

I think the Pauling–Rath paradigm can be summarized as follows: Collagen constitutes the majority of the vessel wall (dry weight), and is the main structural protein of such. In the absence of adequate vitamin C, collagen production suffers (indeed, it has been shown to increase collagen synthesis eightfold). Perhaps in anticipation of reduced collagen synthesis, the liver upregulates the production of a protein called lipoprotein(a). Having a little 'a,' this should not be confused with apolipoprotein A1—a different particle. The lipoprotein(a) protein dimerizes with other proteins and the resultant heterodimer/heterotrimer particle is called a lipoprotein, found in the low‐density fraction in the case of those containing lipoprotein(a). But not all LDL particles contain lipoprotein(a), giving only a somewhat weak correlation between LDL and cardiovascular disease. When actually measured for, specifically, upon further differentiation lipoprotein(a) is found to correlate with cardiovascular disease more than anything. This protein is very similar to fibrin and they both have a high affinity for lysine–sepharose, which is actually used to purify it. Lysine–sepharose is very similar to lysine–heparan, which can be found on the damaged blood vessel wall (lysine coming from the collagen and heparin from the extracellular matrix). And like fibrin, lipoprotein(a) sticks to damaged tissue to initiate healing. There is a purpose to all of this, and that is to prevent blood loss in the event of low collagen production. Although people with cardiovascular disease die young, they'd die even younger if it weren't for lipoprotein(a) patching the vessel wall. Only animals which cannot synthesize vitamin C have lipoprotein(a), and cardiovascular disease is essentially impossible to induce in animals that can synthesize their own (like most of them). George Willis had shown statistical correlations between blood vessels ascorbate upon autopsy and cardiovascular disease as early as the '50s, years before Pauling had become emboldened by being the first to adequately explain sickle cell anemia and then had moved on to more complex diseases. The evidence is as strong as it is shocking, and a best article to start with could be this one:

But there are more, many more articles. The more articles you read on this, the stronger it gets. But there is room for other factors in this paradigm, because anything that increases either pressure (i.e. salt, cortisol) or damage (homocysteine) should also tend towards cardiovascular disease. But regardless of other factors, nobody can even attempt to deny that vitamin C is necessary for efficient collagen synthesis and that collagen is the main structural protein of the cardiovascular wall. People with scurvy bruise easily and can bleed to death upon provocation; but because humans (and guinea pigs) have lipoprotein(a), this allows them to actually live up until that point by clogging the frayed collagenous matrix of the vessel wall.

Obi-wan

Hello @Travis, Boron supplementation is highly estrogenic per @haidut . Vit. C supplementation is problematic to the digestive system due to impurities per Ray Peat. Better to stick with orange juice and peppers.

Per this entire thread, I was a once a week sushi consumer for many years being told that soy sauce was ok since it is fermented. Now Travis has educated us on Polyamines.

The strawberries were calling me yesterday at the grocery store but I did not buy them. I still have a desire to eat them... I am still undecided.

I also tried green tea but prefer coffee. Especially now with the cacao powder. Make sure you eat any cacao at the bottom of the cup. You will experience euphoria! Must be synergy with caffeine and stearic acid. Thank you Travis.

Dear @Sheila, It was absolutely wonderful to have your presence in this classroom! I hope I can call on you more often as I see information and dialog that would stimulate your interest and evoke a response.

Travis, I still cannot get used to your aviator. Sheila please do not change yours.

The Amazing stunt performer @Amazoniac (still thinking of a nickname) is thought provoking and persistent as ever.

@Wagner83 it is hard to identify with you because of your aviator but enjoy all of your contributions in the classrooms I have seen you in.

For the peeps that I did not mention you are noticed.

Thanks everyone (as I bow and take a seat)

Wagner83

But there is room for other factors in this paradigm, because anything that increases either pressure (i.e. salt, cortisol) or damage (homocysteine) should also tend towards cardiovascular disease.
Saki, not so long ago we discussed about the safety of salt and its role with cardiovascular health, at the time you said there were good scientists on both side of the fence. More recently you said that since it is found in low amounts in nature, a high intake of salt is nonsense (I'm not using your exact words so apologies for that). Are you convinced that a higher intake of salt is unhealthy?
I also tried green tea but prefer coffee. Especially now with the cacao powder. Make sure you eat any cacao at the bottom of the cup. You will experience euphoria! Must be synergy with caffeine and stearic acid. Thank you Travis.

Dear @Sheila, It was absolutely wonderful to have your presence in this classroom! I hope I can call on you more often as I see information and dialog that would stimulate your interest and evoke a response.

Travis, I still cannot get used to your aviator. Sheila please do not change yours.

The Amazing stunt performer @Amazoniac (still thinking of a nickname) is thought provoking and persistent as ever.

@Wagner83 it is hard to identify with you because of your aviator but enjoy all of your contributions in the classrooms I have seen you in.

For the peeps that I did not mention you are noticed.

Thanks everyone (as I bow and take a seat)

How long does the euphoria last? That sounds worth a try.

Amacadillac? Amabergerac? Am-azane-iac? Amafunnyyak?

Thanks.

I found all of Travis' latest post extremely valuable, but I want to talk about boron.

I'm not going to drink green tea any more unless I can find some borax; the green tea has ~3‧ppm fluoride and it makes me feel funny after a few days. Boron complexes with the flouride ion forming fluoroborates (i.e. BF₃), which are more readily eliminated. Boron is an essential nutrient in plants, but it hasn't really been elevated up to 'mineral status' quite yet. You don't see food boron levels on nutritiondata.com or the cronometer, but it is there—it's in the plants.

Boron is quite easy to obtain as Borax. Unless there's a problem about Borax I'm not aware of. Will it be less effective in complexing fluorine since it already complexed? I tried to get a clean source, but you never know...

As for boron being estrogenic, I will have to review what Georgi says. But if you are using it to complex fluorine and excrete it, then I don't think that would be problematic at all. In fact, if this complexing action is accurate, it would be an excellent traveling tip for when you are some place that has fluoridated water.

OP
Travis

Travis

I found all of Travis' latest post extremely valuable, but I want to talk about boron.

Boron is quite easy to obtain as Borax. Unless there's a problem about Borax I'm not aware of. Will it be less effective in complexing fluorine since it already complexed? I tried to get a clean source, but you never know...

As for boron being estrogenic, I will have to review what Georgi says. But if you are using it to complex fluorine and excrete it, then I don't think that would be problematic at all. In fact, if this complexing action is accurate, it would be an excellent traveling tip for when you are some place that has fluoridated water.
There are actually studies on this in the journal Fluoride, where it's basically considered the only partial antidote. Borax should be fine, and I'd guess that pinch of this in the tea would lower F⁻ absorption at least by 50%. But I just found a few more studies so we can get a better grasp of the numbers:

'Fluorosis is a common health problem in animals as well as in human being in the world (Khandare et al. 2005). Now a day, industrial fluorosis has become very common due to intensive production systems, mechanization in agriculture and industrialization, that leads to pollution of water and vegetation with fluoride.' ―Bharti

'Several methods have been tried to prevent fluorosis through different prophylactic measures, but boron has been found the most effective and is the most promising newcomer (Wheeler and Fell 1983).' ―Bharti

He actually calls boron a 'newcomer' while citing an article from 1983. There are actually much older studies than that—certainly not 'new' by any standards. Boron is the canonical F⁻ antidote.

'As boron (borax) is a well tolerated element and it has no adverse effect on prolonged feeding in cow (Owen 1944; Baer et al. 1977). It does not accumulate in soft tissue and is excreted mostly through urine. Since, borax (source of boron) is a low toxicity mineral and does not evaporate or volatilize into the air or pose considerable human health concerns associated with its use (Moore 1997).' ―Bharti

And boron is safe. We ingest it every day, have a circulating boron level, and you can even find articles on its biochemistry in the huan. Boron is also necessary for plant growth.

'Serum calcium level declined significantly (p<0.05) from the initial level to day 90 in treatment I and II. However, no significant change was noticed in the control group (Table 2).' ―Bharti

'From this, it was concluded that the present level of B in the diet was not sufficient to antagonize the effect of fluorine in buffalo calves. Therefore, it is expected that higher levels of boron might increase the faecal F excretion with concomitant decrease in urinary F level and protecting the animal from adverse effect of excess dietary F intake (Yadav et al. 1996; Bharti et al. 2007).' ―Bharti

Fluoride ingestion lowers serum calcium by precipitating it. Just a few days ago, I had read a case report of a suicide; the subject had taken quite a lot of NaF and his blood Ca²⁺ was far lower than anything the doctor had ever measured. He even went so far as to say that 'as far as he knew, it was the lowest value ever recorded.' This was accompanied my muscle spasms, as you could expect since Ca²⁺ causes muscle contraction.

The boron in this study had partially offset the lowered calcium induced by fluoride, and decreased the heightened alkaline phosphatase activity:

fluoride1.png fluoride4.png fluoride5.png click to embiggen

So I think it's fair to call boron a 'partial antidote' since to works to a fair degree. But the study above had mixed it with dry food, and tossing a pinch of borax in the tea cup itself would allow for more intimate contact; perhaps quicker and more complete complexation would be expected with the B³⁺ and F⁻ ions moving around in a tea cup at high temperature (~200°F). [Molecular diffusion increases with temperature.] Besides boron trifluoride, the mono‐ and diflouroborides can also be formed.

Bharti, Vijay K. "Ameliorative effects of boron on serum profile in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) fed high fluoride ration." Tropical animal health and production (2008)
Bharti, Vijay K. "Effect of boron as an antidote on dry matter intake, nutrient utilization and fluorine balance in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) exposed to high fluoride ration." Biological trace element research (2008)

Last edited:
OP
Travis

Travis

Saki, not so long ago we discussed about the safety of salt and its role with cardiovascular health, at the time you said there were good scientists on both side of the fence. More recently you said that since it is found in low amounts in nature, a high intake of salt is nonsense (I'm not using your exact words so apologies for that). Are you convinced that a higher intake of salt is unhealthy?

How long does the euphoria last? That sounds worth a try.

Amacadillac? Amabergerac? Am-azane-iac? Amafunnyyak?

Thanks.
Blood pressure is dependent on Na⁺/K⁺ to a large degree—this is what aldosterone and cortisol act on through the membrane mineralocorticoid receptor. In the massive INTERSALT study, the only population who's blood pressure had remained constant throughout their lifetime was a land‐locked tribe in South America who'd consumed no NaCl. Obviously, there is nothing 'unhealthy' about sodium—an essential mineral. I think its enough to say that a topheavy Na⁺/K⁺ ratio increases blood pressure, and that Na⁺ is correlated with cardiovascular disease only to the extent that it does so: through increasing arterial wear. I would assume that cortisol is correlated with cardiovascular disease for the very same reason, mostly.

Last edited:
Huh this is weird Travis, lately you've been saying things that I coincidentally have also been researching/thinking, like weirdly it's exactly the same conclusions. For example I was literally just telling someone about the Japanese 'paradox' to a friend of mine, and how stupid it was. I think I might've written about this 'paradox' in the thread on tobacco and PUFA.

It's like the French 'paradox', it's complete bull****, and is not a paradox. It's insane some scientists genuinely believe that the resveratrol in wine is what 'protects' the French from their saturated fat consumption. Insanity.

The main risks with tobacco I see are the nitrosamines, the polycyclic hydrocarbons, and the heavy metals (which the southern tobacco fields have a high amount of).

Otherwise I can't see a reason of why it'd be bad. Half of centenarians smoke.

On the topic of polyamines, I am not scared of them at all. I'd rather live a life with high regeneration/anabolism, neurogenesis, recovery, etc, and die of cancer. And as long as metabolism is kept from devolving into fermentation, as long as the energy producing apparatus is kept fully functional, I see no risk of cancer. When you realize that cancer isn't the result of a completely random mutation, but instead due to the failure of cells to produce energy ala Ling, then cancer seems pretty easy to avoid.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's made this connection yet, but isn't it funny how semen contains spermine/spermidine? It's almost like the semen contains the necessary constituents for rapid growth and cell division.

edit: I forgot to mention, agmatine is a polyamine precursor with it's own benefits, I'm gonna start supplementing with it.

Obi-wan

"How long does the euphoria last? That sounds worth a try." @Wagner83 about 45 minutes

Obi-wan

I used organic Cacao powder from Navitas

Sheila

Dear Paradoxists,

I will be brief.

@Travis, what a mine of information you are, thank you. Boron is also found in Turkish figs. Largely because parts of Turkey are essentially a boron deposit. Straight 'hardware' borax is probably contaminated with more than sodium borates, probably aluminium borates also, depending on the original source and quality of recrystallisation. Boron is vital for correct fruiting, so it plays a role in reproduction of plants. I have always thought it might do something similarly useful in humans at very low dose but alas did not get to look further. Maybe you have? If you find a piece of broccoli with a weakened or open core, this is a sure sign of boron deficiency, IIRC. I have seen what boron toxicity looks like in a human, so it is safe within sensible limits. Unfortunately this particular German chap decided if a little was good, a lot must be better. I calculated he'd taken 20mg per day for a couple of years at least and his terribly peeled and irritated skin was not a pleasant result. Unfortunately, he never connected the two things until rather late and with advancing age, repair can be slow.

I have found 1-3mg of boron chelate useful for some, dosed on and off, not forever, in both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Caveat emptor.

@BigYellowLemon, what a magnificent creature you are. Mine got hit by hail this year, not nearly as divine. Can I add radioactive particle inhalation to the list of potential downsides for smoking? Due to the uptake of superphosphate by the plant and the contamination therein by naturally occurring radioactive isotopes. But you probably know that already.

Best regards

Sheila

Last edited:
Dear Sheila,

The radiation present is likely low, around the same as in a cup of water or any food you eat. I credit nightlight for the debunking of that (really I credit nightlight with everything having to do with tobacco, including my smoking habit).

For the rest of your message, I cannot understand what you are saying/mean.

japanesedude

speaking from a young japanese guy,I can say that young Japanese does not drink greantea at all.
We drink coffee,sports drink or coke more than greantea
we eat grilled fish and natto(especially with dinner or morning) often but we also eat various foods in same times like curry just as japanese foods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals