The Health Cost Of Lockdowns- Death Tolls From Increased Suicide, Blood Shortages, And Other Effects

tankasnowgod

I wanted to create this thread specifically about the Health Costs of Lockdowns. A lot of people who think these lockdowns are justified in any way completely disregard financial cost, the idea being that no amount of money is worth even a single life, and therefore, financial effects suffered by individuals, companies, organizations and even governments are totally irrelevant.

While I disagree with that line of thinking, what those same people overlook is the health cost of lockdowns and shutting down the economy. Already, I have gotten requests from several hospitals to donate blood as they are experiencing blood shortages from cancelled blood drives and reduced number of donors, both from fear and "social distancing" rules.

There is also the effect on depression. Isolation and financial stress/ruin can take a serious toll on people's mental health, in some cases driving them all the way to suicide. This article points out that the health cost has already begun to appear, seeing 10% of the previous year's suicides in only two days of the lockdown-

Knox County Mayor: Recent suicide rate ‘shocking’

(I'd also like to thank @charlie for bringing the above article to my attention)

Further, this could have a very long term effect on both depression and suicide, possibly for years to come. Unless there is some great economic reset taking place (something I do believe is a possibility, if only a slight one, and something I personally hope for), the effects could be staggering. Any lives potentially saved by these lockdowns from COVID 19 (which will likely always remain only a theoretical number) will be offset, and maybe totally overshadowed, by suicides and the a reduced amount of blood for transfusions, and maybe other effects. As the article I posted above shows, that suicide rate is already taking real form in some areas.

Please post any relevant links (news stories, studies, and what have you) in this thread.

Matt Walsh Screen.png

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
They are hounding me for blood too. I would gladly donate if I was not already working 60 hours/week.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to create this thread specifically about the Health Costs of Lockdowns. A lot of people who think these lockdowns are justified in any way completely disregard financial cost, the idea being that no amount of money is worth even a single life, and therefore, financial effects suffered by individuals, companies, organizations and even governments are totally irrelevant.

While I disagree with that line of thinking, what those same people overlook is the health cost of lockdowns and shutting down the economy. Already, I have gotten requests from several hospitals to donate blood as they are experiencing blood shortages from cancelled blood drives and reduced number of donors, both from fear and "social distancing" rules.

There is also the effect on depression. Isolation and financial stress/ruin can take a serious toll on people's mental health, in some cases driving them all the way to suicide. This article points out that the health cost has already begun to appear, seeing 10% of the previous year's suicides in only two days of the lockdown-

Knox County Mayor: Recent suicide rate ‘shocking’

(I'd also like to thank @charlie for bringing the above article to my attention)

Further, this could have a very long term effect on both depression and suicide, possibly for years to come. Unless there is some great economic reset taking place (something I do believe is a possibility, if only a slight one, and something I personally hope for), the effects could be staggering. Any lives potentially saved by these lockdowns from COVID 19 (which will likely always remain only a theoretical number) will be offset, and maybe totally overshadowed, by suicides and the a reduced amount of blood for transfusions, and maybe other effects. As the article I posted above shows, that suicide rate is already taking real form in some areas.

Please post any relevant links (news stories, studies, and what have you) in this thread.

View attachment 17212

On top of the things you mentioned, I would add drastic increases in substance abuse, domestic violence (increasing both homicides/suicides), drug dealing, prostitution, mental health outbreaks, petty crime and so on. Over the last month radio stations in major Eastern cities have been reporting increases in liquor sales of 70-80%, which led to emergency orders to close down liquor stores in the most problematic areas. As if that would do any good! People buy their "quarantine sips" elsewhere.
When the concentration of people per square foot increases and is maintained higher for a certain amount of time - bad things start to happen. Yes, even when those people are related.

Last edited:

Jing

People who want lockdown are just sheep who would do anything the news say.

S.Seneff

I proposed to try ending the lockdown by boycoting the GAFAM products and services. Just do nothing for 3 days. Greta is with me !

Peatogenic

As others have mentioned elsewhere...the societal rift. I now have to be careful about what I say about COVID. Will it now be something that people talk about in a more subdued fashion than the AIDS epidemic? I also feel like people are giving up. To just blindly stay at home and then tell others to, then congratulate yourself for staying home, in this fashion, is deeply disturbing to me. It's almost a sense of resignation in people that feels like it could become a prolonged resignation, whatever is asked of them, a kind of depressed state.

GAF

I proposed to try ending the lockdown by boycoting the GAFAM products and services. Just do nothing for 3 days. Greta is with me !

What is GAFAM?

Whatever it is, I am boycotting with you.

Lejeboca

What is GAFAM?

Whatever it is, I am boycotting with you.

Is it:
"GAFAM is an acronym for the five most popular U.S. tech stocks: Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft. The term came into existence on the lines of the FAANG stock acronym which collectively indicates top U.S. technology stocks namely Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Google" ?
from GAFAM Stocks

GAF

Oh. The CIA. And that fruity company who has the satanic logo - bite out of the fruit.

From day one of that company, after I saw the logo, I have never paid them a penny.

Sadly, I've had to pays lots to ms disease and mr gates of hell.

pepsi

Additional hospital resources are being used up as more people are being admitted to
emergency departments and acute psychiatric hospitals because they are suicidal
about the virus and losing their jobs, single moms, waitresses, maids. These
families live paycheck to paycheck.

The governments job should be to inform the people, give recommendations, then let them
decide how they will handle it.

Every politician and judge who supports this lockdown should be willing to forgo their
paychecks, but they have cushiony lives with multiple sources of income so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Lejeboca

Additional hospital resources are being used up as more people are being admitted to
emergency departments and acute psychiatric hospitals because they are suicidal
about the virus and losing their jobs, single moms, waitresses, maids. These
families live paycheck to paycheck.

The governments job should be to inform the people, give recommendations, then let them
decide how they will handle it.

Every politician and judge who supports this lockdown should be willing to forgo their
paychecks, but they have cushiony lives with multiple sources of income so it wouldn't matter anyway.

I agree.

LeeLemonoil

"Consideration" is a verb masquerading as a noun, and is a sneaky way to write in the passive voice and delete the subject.

Who or what are you suggesting should consider that article?

Those who discuss the matter. Sais there recessions actually decreased mortality.

Collden

The social isolation is what is going to affect many people the hardest, this situation is unlike any other economic recession in recent history. People cannot travel or reach out to friends or family either.

Hugh Johnson

In addition people in abusive family situations are stuck inside with the abuser, the abuser is stressed out and thus likely to be particularly nasty, and as the economy takes damage, those people have even less hope of getting away. Meanwhile the media is pushing even more fear onto those abuse victims, who are easy to scare.

Sofia

In addition people in abusive family situations are stuck inside with the abuser, the abuser is stressed out and thus likely to be particularly nasty, and as the economy takes damage, those people have even less hope of getting away. Meanwhile the media is pushing even more fear onto those abuse victims, who are easy to scare.

I am familiar with this.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Those who discuss the matter. Sais there recessions actually decreased mortality.

That article is completely irrelevant to this topic. It's the health effect of lockdowns (clearly stated in the title), not the effect of a recession or depression that it triggers.

Even then, I doubt a recession triggered by these lockdowns would have the same effects. Those recessions developed over several years time, which allowed people and business to adjust. This was basically an overnight decision to bankrupt the nation (really the world). A study showing that the vast majority of cars and drivers/passengers remain completely unharmed in vehicles that decelerate from 75 MPH to 0 is completely irrelevant to ones that crash into a wall and stop in milliseconds.

David PS

The psychological health effects that others are experiencing may be part of the natural grieving process. We are grieving the loss of our way of life?

f628d951b9e2b5927447376f3538b203---stages-of-grief-grief-counseling.jpg