The Culprit Is PUFA And I Will Remove Them Fast. (Severe Acne, IBS, Fatigue)

Pulstar

@Searchoftruth
Overall, are you familiar with Ray's articles and radio interviews? Have you searched the existing acne threads here? IMO, it would not hurt to take notes on his views on health and metabolism, so you could make some sort of systemic approach.

I would advise to do the following searches on this forum, raypeatclips YouTube channel and raypeat.com site

In no particular order:
  • B3 (niacinamide), B2, B1, B6 vitamins and their importance in shifting your metabolism towards higher carb utilization (also helps with diabetes)
  • Carrot salad (with coconut oil and vinegar)
  • Endotoxin reduction
  • Serotonin reduction
  • Lactic acid reduction
  • Cyproheptadine
  • Calcium to phosphorus ratio
  • Protein and carb ratios
  • Aspirin
  • Active charcoal
  • Coffee and caffeine
  • K2 vitamin
  • Thyroid hormones
  • Importance of CO2 (bag breathing etc)
  • Nitric oxide and how to reduce it
  • PUFA avoidance
Good luck!

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was eating like a kilo of whole pasta, 200 grams of almonds and walnuts and a lot of hot curry. I had no acne at all.
I wouldn't say that it's the PUFAs causing your acne, or at least not from natural sources, because those nuts are very high in PUFAs, especially the walnuts. 100g of each would give you 60g PUFAs, with 50g being omega 6.

So I would think that the flare in acne could be caused by unnatural, processes foods and not natural ones.

camagunn

I had similar acne. I tried everything from low iron and obviously low pufa. I doubt at a young age, nor pufa and iron are the culprits. It took me literally 20,000 iu vitamin d everyday for at least a month or two, with magnesium, for it to clear. 10,000 iu wasn't enough to correct my bad deficiency in a relatively short amount of time-- I was also overweight, which would of also increased my vitamin d requirements.

I'm not sure if you've had your vitamin d levels checked. I read youve tried high dose vitamin d, but you may have not taken it long enough. I still take 10,000 iu due to the winter.

TeaRex14

Yeah, I missed that earlier. Hans brings up a good point, if you're eating walnuts with no problem then PUFA is definitely not the culprit here. Walnuts have more PUFA in them then peanut butter has.

D

danishispsychic

I tried antibotics when I was younger, no difference.
I tried raw garlic when I was a raw vegan, after I healed acne, and It gave me stomach pain and gas.
I never tried ACV.
I have no idea what is DIM.
I never tried antibiotics (from doctors or natural) because my case of acne is so severe that dermatologist say that my only hope is accutane, Antibiotics are not able to cure nodular acne like the one I have.
DIM is great for skin and totally cured my friends nodular acne which was even worse than yours. She used the Genius brand with Berberine- that will also clean your gut as endotoxins are your issue. It's on Amazon.

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

What's this omnivore talk, humans are originally vegans, we are not predators except through modern tools.

I always wondered about this. Fruit and nuts are very appealing naturally, and even babies would enjoy and desire them. But raw bloody meat? All the people I know feel disgusted at the thought of eating raw meat. Did you ever see a rabbit roaming free in the fields and feeling to desire to rip off his head and drink his blood? That could be a good indicator of what is good for us. All animals in nature are drawn to the foods according to their species. Why would meat be so unappealing for us then?

Also the most sound hypothesis of why our brain grew is because we learned how to cook starches (high-calorie food found all year round), and that's why we have more genes to produce amylase.

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

@Searchoftruth
Overall, are you familiar with Ray's articles and radio interviews? Have you searched the existing acne threads here? IMO, it would not hurt to take notes on his views on health and metabolism, so you could make some sort of systemic approach.

I would advise to do the following searches on this forum, raypeatclips YouTube channel and raypeat.com site

In no particular order:
  • B3 (niacinamide), B2, B1, B6 vitamins and their importance in shifting your metabolism towards higher carb utilization (also helps with diabetes)
  • Carrot salad (with coconut oil and vinegar)
  • Endotoxin reduction
  • Serotonin reduction
  • Lactic acid reduction
  • Cyproheptadine
  • Calcium to phosphorus ratio
  • Protein and carb ratios
  • Aspirin
  • Active charcoal
  • Coffee and caffeine
  • K2 vitamin
  • Thyroid hormones
  • Importance of CO2 (bag breathing etc)
  • Nitric oxide and how to reduce it
  • PUFA avoidance
Good luck!

Yes, I have read a lot of threads in this forums and heard some talks of Ray Peat. I think I agree in many things . But almost all the acne threads I have read , and I think I read all of them, were not very useful. Most of them didn't show pictures and gave no clear solution. So that's why I am sticking with the fruitarian diet. I have seen many cases of people curing it including myself and pictures and video showing proof of it.
Thanks for your comment, I will look into those topics.

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

DIM is great for skin and totally cured my friends nodular acne which was even worse than yours. She used the Genius brand with Berberine- that will also clean your gut as endotoxins are your issue. It's on Amazon.

It's always the same story. Amazing miracles , but no proof showing it works. Like, if you can fix acne worse than mine (and mine was the most severe form of acne Vulgaris ) with a cheap supplement, why not more people are talking about this?

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

I wouldn't say that it's the PUFAs causing your acne, or at least not from natural sources, because those nuts are very high in PUFAs, especially the walnuts. 100g of each would give you 60g PUFAs, with 50g being omega 6.

So I would think that the flare in acne could be caused by unnatural, processes foods and not natural ones.

I agree. And that's why I think I disagree with the idea that many Ray Peaters have that all PUFA's are damaging to the body. I think PUFA's are damaging once they are oxidized , heated and hydrogenated like in the case of vegetable oils and frying. But raw nuts, like almonds? They didn't gave me any problem, and my skin was clear. I was eating 200 or 300 grams of raw nuts in my raw vegan diet, and I actually healed my acne completely this way

But going out and eating some fries? Bam, instant acne. And it was not the potatoes per se, because I was able to eat potatoes without problems, but the fried oil.

TeaRex14

What's this omnivore talk, humans are originally vegans, we are not predators except through modern tools.
Comparing our ape like ancestors to modern day humans is a lot like trying to compare caterpillars to butterflies. The fact of the matter is animal proteins is a major reason why our brains got bigger and more intelligent. Cooking our food also played a key role.

lvysaur

All the people I know feel disgusted at the thought of eating raw meat. Did you ever see a rabbit roaming free in the fields and feeling to desire to rip off his head and drink his blood?
I remember walking through the freezer at 4 years old, looking at all the raw hunks of meat and salivating at them. The red meat contrasted with the white fat caps just looks great.

There's long been a stereotype that kids crave sugar--but that was never true for me. Perhaps it meant that I was born hypothyroid, or maybe I just have different cravings, who knows.

But even now I think raw meats and fish look extremely appetizing. Much moreso than the cooked ones. I can have "desires" for sugar, but they never reach the sheer intensity and drive that meat cravings do--and I usually only get these desires when I eat a large amount of meat (mirroring the protein/sugar thing that Peaters talk about)

Did you ever see a rabbit roaming free in the fields and feeling to desire to rip off his head and drink his blood?

I chased rabbits down a lot as a kid. When I was a teen I set traps up and herded them, even caught a few. It was fun.

Also the most sound hypothesis of why our brain grew is because we learned how to cook starches (high-calorie food found all year round), and that's why we have more genes to produce amylase.

I agree with this. Tubers are a much more plentiful resource than fresh meat, so they would have been a much more important source of nutrition.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The fact of the matter is animal proteins is a major reason why our brains got bigger and more intelligent. Cooking our food also played a key role.
iu

Fruit Might Be Responsible For Our Bigger Brains

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

Comparing our ape like ancestors to modern day humans is a lot like trying to compare caterpillars to butterflies. The fact of the matter is animal proteins is a major reason why our brains got bigger and more intelligent. Cooking our food also played a key role.

Wrong. It has been discussed for a long time that the principal reason was fire and cooking.

"Starchy carbs, not a Paleo diet, advanced the human race"
Starchy carbs, not a Paleo diet, advanced the human race

If meat and animal proteins were so important , why didn't lions and wolves evolve? Apes are very intelligent and they are frugivores. Also cooking meat doesn't really allow us to access many more nutrients compared to starch. Starch is almost undigestable unless you cook it, so thanks to fire we were able to access a source of abundant calories that were impossible before. And starch is converted to glucos, and the main fuel of the brain is glucose, so it gave us a great boost
But with meat is almost the same, we can digest it raw, so it makes almost no difference cooking it or not.

Runenight201

Wrong. It has been discussed for a long time that the principal reason was fire and cooking.

"Starchy carbs, not a Paleo diet, advanced the human race"
Starchy carbs, not a Paleo diet, advanced the human race

If meat and animal proteins were so important , why didn't lions and wolves evolve? Apes are very intelligent and they are frugivores. Also cooking meat doesn't really allow us to access many more nutrients compared to starch. Starch is almost undigestable unless you cook it, so thanks to fire we were able to access a source of abundant calories that were impossible before. And starch is converted to glucos, and the main fuel of the brain is glucose, so it gave us a great boost
But with meat is almost the same, we can digest it raw, so it makes almost no difference cooking it or not.

There is also a theory that it was the large amount of sea food with high amounts of dha which fueled our brains accelerated development.

If we follow our journey out of Africa, it’s been hypothesized from fossil records that we stuck to the coasts, in order to consistently obtain a steady fuel source of sea food.

There is a higher energy intake from cooked meat vs raw meat, and rats given a choice will prefer cooked vs raw.

Why cooking counts

No matter whether one believed it was meat or starch (which usually comes down to whatever dogmatic food diatribe one wishes to worship) it’s definitely true that cooking is what freed up large amounts of energy from food.

Personally, I believe not consuming cooked foods to be a mistake, and I would live quite the lower quality life if it weren’t for the incredible nutrition meat and eggs give me.

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

There is also a theory that it was the large amount of sea food with high amounts of dha which fueled our brains accelerated development.

If we follow our journey out of Africa, it’s been hypothesized from fossil records that we stuck to the coasts, in order to consistently obtain a steady fuel source of sea food.

There is a higher energy intake from cooked meat vs raw meat, and rats given a choice will prefer cooked vs raw.

Why cooking counts

No matter whether one believed it was meat or starch (which usually comes down to whatever dogmatic food diatribe one wishes to worship) it’s definitely true that cooking is what freed up large amounts of energy from food.

Personally, I believe not consuming cooked foods to be a mistake, and I would live quite the lower quality life if it weren’t for the incredible nutrition meat and eggs give me.

Do you have references that you get any significant difference in the amount of energy in raw vs cooked ? Without taking account the water loss.
Well, rats are rats. Eskimo literally means "raw meat eater" and they prefered most of the time their meat raw because it has carbs in the form of glycogen. So technically raw fresh meat has higher calories than cooked meat.

It makes sense that fish could have helped the development of our bigger brains. Maybe it was a combination of starch plus fish, but I am not really convinced. Because even though the brain has high ammounts of DHA, is not something spectacular. Some tablespoons of fish oil is almost all the DHA that the brain has.

What nutrition in meat and eggs are not found in plants? When you analyse muscle meat for example, it doesn't have a very impressive nutritional content, except for the high protein , iron , b12 and zinc. But you can get those nutrients easily from other sources, plants or dairy. Liver is another topic though.

TeaRex14

Literally what I said, lol. "The fact of the matter is animal proteins is a major reason why our brains got bigger and more intelligent. Cooking our food also played a key role." I didn't say anything about the "paleo diet". Or what modern humans perceive as the paleo diet.

OP
Searchoftruth

Searchoftruth

Literally what I said, lol. "The fact of the matter is animal proteins is a major reason why our brains got bigger and more intelligent. Cooking our food also played a key role." I didn't say anything about the "paleo diet". Or what modern humans perceive as the paleo diet.

The article actually talks about that meat was not what caused us to evolve, but starch.

Runenight201

Do you have references that you get any significant difference in the amount of energy in raw vs cooked ? Without taking account the water loss.
Well, rats are rats. Eskimo literally means "raw meat eater" and they prefered most of the time their meat raw because it has carbs in the form of glycogen. So technically raw fresh meat has higher calories than cooked meat.

It makes sense that fish could have helped the development of our bigger brains. Maybe it was a combination of starch plus fish, but I am not really convinced. Because even though the brain has high ammounts of DHA, is not something spectacular. Some tablespoons of fish oil is almost all the DHA that the brain has.

What nutrition in meat and eggs are not found in plants? When you analyse muscle meat for example, it doesn't have a very impressive nutritional content, except for the high protein , iron , b12 and zinc. But you can get those nutrients easily from other sources, plants or dairy. Liver is another topic though.

See the link I posted in my last message.

They measured the increase in energy expenditure from rats eating cooked vs uncooked meat, and found that they expended more energy eating cooked meat vs uncooked.

Since cooking is literally adding energy to food, it makes complete sense why cooking food gives us more energy.

I’m not against raw food though, I love my cucumbers, celery, bell peppers raw, as well as many ripe fruits. Raw oysters are also really tasty.

B12 is the obvious one, but for me it’s not of matter of nutrients but digestibility and thus bioavailability.

When I was vegan I ate cooked starches and beans all day long and was bloated and felt weak and low energy.

Cooked meat and eggs give me strength that no plant can even come close to matching.

In my opinion, vegan athletes are 1 of 2 categories, they either 1) acquired the majority of their muscle mass while non-vegan, and are simply sustaining or making very minuscule gains or 2) are on PEDs

My strength exploded once I went from vegan to upping meat, the stark difference in workout pumps and muscle hardening was striking, and the subsequent increase in confidence, most likely due to higher test and dht pumping through my body I wouldn’t trade for anything.

I want to one day kill a pig/cow, I’ve already strangled a chicken. I’m a speciest. Some animals must be killed to sustain my state of well-being, as nature intended all through out the animal kingdom.

TeaRex14

The article actually talks about that meat was not what caused us to evolve, but starch.
Wouldn't seem that practical. Before agriculture wild tubers were sparse, fibrous, and low in overall calories in comparison with modern day potatoes. A single person would have a hard time sustaining themselves on wild tubers, let alone hundreds quite possibly thousands of people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals