Testosterone Vs Dopamine

Frankdee20

Just what are some diffences between the two when we think of motivation for sexual experiences, ability to be faithful, drive to succeed, being a go getter, confidence, ability to change your life ?

The last one has more to do with which actually makes the difference if you’re deficient. Like after optimizing levels, which of the two really make a drastic impact on complete change of personality for the better ? Or how does treating these two help the person grab life by the balls ? Lol

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I guess I’m asking what the hell is going to help me improve my life more ? My Testosterone is 460 total, and I’m 38 years old. I know it should be 600-700 at least. Can’t say for sure about Dopamine. Why do I isolate though ? What the **** is wrong with me !

Dopamine stimulation is horny but not faithfull. Go getter but not life changing. But this is too isolated approach, like sniffin coke does. NOt so great after.
Testosterone boosting is more the total package of it I think.
So better to concentrate on T, but you can also make dopamine more dominant, I do that with St John's wort at the moment, also to improve anhedonia.

Wolf

Don't increase dopamine before test or you'll become hypersexual. Optimize test before dopamine and you're great.

Elephanto

Estrogen increases faithfulness, when a man has a kid his estrogen levels increase as a mechanism of protecting the family's integrity. Which is also why ejaculating increases prolactin and estrogen thus inhibiting androgen receptors. Oxytocin (the hormone of love) reduces testosterone. This is one of the reasons black men often leave their pregnant girlfriends. Despite what some statistical studies suggest, they are much more likely to be high test than other races despite all the odds being against them (fried high O6 food, drug use, serotonin-inducing poverty etc). Testosterone increases risk-taking and so criminality.

But we are not animals, we can make conscious choices and testosterone isn't an excuse for violence, unfaithfulness and bad decisions. It is both an hurdle in a feminized society and an uparalleled tool to conquer and set a positive example. As for the distinction between dopamine and testosterone, well they have effects on each other but you can be low-test high dopamine (think chess players, professionnal gamers etc). I don't think you can be high-test low dopamine though. The lack of dopamine and the resulting cortisol will take too much of a toll on testosterone. Both increase confidence, I often get that thought "man why is this low test guy so confident despite being low test" but he earns the right by having a low-stress mindstate. My advice: focus on testosterone, dopamine and stress and you will improve in every way.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Thanks man, the next thing I’m going to try is Iodine, Boron, and genuine Tongkat. I have spoken to some, and iodine helps with T (especially applied on the scrotum), and one guy took straight boric Acid and saw an increase. I will retest after this, my last 3 readings seem to stay under500.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Perhaps raising my D some more might help - I’m still in the 30’s. A year ago it was 19.

Waynish

You look a bit darker but not very tan... Perhaps you need vitamin D! If you can't get it from the sun, then try some short tanning salon sessions.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

You look a bit darker but not very tan... Perhaps you need vitamin D! If you can't get it from the sun, then try some short tanning salon sessions.

Yeah, I think optimal D levels must be higher than my current 30.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Does Creatine raise DHT ?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Topical DHEA maybe ! Some Clomid ! I got to see if raising T will improve my life. At 21 years old, it was 299. Nobody ever treated me for it. I’m 38 now, and it’s only ever been as high as 560. I can’t believe I spent all those years feeling less of a man.

Elephanto

Does Creatine raise DHT ?

Yes.

After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001).
Three weeks of creatine monohydrate supplementation affects dihydrotestosterone to testosterone ratio in college-aged rugby players. - PubMed - NCBI

I find that Tongkat Ali gives a quick noticeable effect on testosterone but seemed to decrease hair quality, probably through raising nitric oxide. People also report hair loss from Creatine.

Luckytype

Yes.

Three weeks of creatine monohydrate supplementation affects dihydrotestosterone to testosterone ratio in college-aged rugby players. - PubMed - NCBI

I find that Tongkat Ali gives a quick noticeable effect on testosterone but seemed to decrease hair quality, probably through raising nitric oxide. People also report hair loss from Creatine.
No.

Here we go with this awful study again...

Training capacity increased, again, ability to contract forcfully over time is going to influence DHT.

This one study with creatine and DHT is slowly turning into the one out of two "castrates and DHT" for hair loss study

Elephanto

Here we go with this awful study again...

Training capacity increased, again, ability to contract forcfully over time is going to influence DHT.

While not affecting testosterone at all ? I don't think so, strength training increases testosterone so it implies that they were already reaching their potential of testosterone triggering from their current training, and assumingly they follow a standardized rugby training that did not change. This all point to Creatine having direct mechanisms that increase the conversion of testosterone to DHT.

And a drastic 56% increase in DHT in only 7 days is hard to explain by training alone, maybe you have a study showing it happen without Creatine.

Luckytype

While not affecting testosterone at all ? I don't think so, strenght training increases testosterone so it implies that they were already reaching their potential of testosterone triggering from their current training, and assumingly they follow a standardized rugby training that did not change. This all point to Creatine having direct mechanisms that increase the conversion of testosterone to DHT.

If that was the case there should be numerous studies of NON lifting individuals with clincially significant(key here) increases in DHT that would be reproducible. I have yet to see that, yet this rugby study without a non lifting group continues to show up.

Also for whatever its worth, training above all else is a stressor, thousands of changes happen to a body under any stress. You cant look at these individual hormones in a vacuum.

Elephanto

If that was the case there should be numerous studies of NON lifting individuals with clincially significant(key here) increases in DHT that would be reproducible. I have yet to see that, yet this rugby study without a non lifting group continues to show up.

The lack of such studies doesn't prove what you claim, they simply never tested it on untrained individuals. It seems logical that they would test a supplement marketed for training on trained athletes. Again, why no change on testosterone at all, shouldn't increased workload and muscle tension affect testosterone, why only DHT ?

baccheion

What other tests have you looked into? Do you have any other nutrient deficiencies? Any thyroid issues?

Start with a multivitamin, D + K, and chelated/TRAACS magnesium supplement. Then add iodine protocol (with 100 mg+ iodide from SSKI). Then topical pregnenolone + DHEA (5 mg : 5 mg; up to 3x/day) if the former aren't sufficient. Then TRT + HGH. All while eating well.

Last edited:

Sobieski

Topical DHEA maybe ! Some Clomid ! I got to see if raising T will improve my life. At 21 years old, it was 299. Nobody ever treated me for it. I’m 38 now, and it’s only ever been as high as 560. I can’t believe I spent all those years feeling less of a man.
I know how you feel man, I've been there myself and it's no way to be. However I have no doubt you can heal and surpass your highest levels from before, once you put all the pieces together that fit your own individual physiology. I spent years trying to figure out what to eat myself, and still am to some extent, but I'm light years ahead of what I was like 18 months ago.

Testosterone is no doubt important, but at the end of the day it's still a down stream hormone and isn't the be all and end all (hence why there aren't as many TRT success stories as the doctors would have people believe). As a downstream hormone, I personally think test levels really just serve as an indicator of general hormonal health- the dozens (if not hundreds) of hormones and metabolites that stem from the initial conversion of cholesterol at the top of the steroid tree all have their own functions and purposes in our health and well being, it's just that relatively little is understood. There are guys on TRT who feel great at first, until their bodies try to reach homeostasis and start shifting resources away from the upstream hormones and then all of a sudden feel terrible despite having supra physiological T levels. What I'm saying is rather than trying to chase individual hormones with supplements etc, focus on overall diet, environment and character/mindset. Working outdoors, even in winter, will have a greater impact than even the best D3 supplement on mental well being for example (in my own experience). I know this is all way easier said than done, and what works for me might not work for you, but don't give up. I've been at the depths of despair and come through the other side. Once you find the things that work, it's all worth it.

I hope that I've offered something of value to you, even if it's insignificant, but I wish you the best of luck on your journey to optimal health.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Yeah. No doubt, Iodine is a big one ! My TSH was just 1.14. That’s not too bad. The free T3 and 4 was in range.

I was able to raise my D, but will continue to supplement that and K2. Thank you