Tanning Beds, Red Light, UVA/UVB

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

What is the Peat Prism View of Tanning Beds?
What is the Difference between UVA and UVB? Which one should I use?
How does Red light play into this?

I got a free week at a local place and gave it a go. The First Bed was UVB which creates Vitamin D I believe, I felt great after honestly, really relaxed .Then I did a UVA bed the next day with some accelerator lotion(bad chemicals likely) Crazy how those things work. Took like 5 Minutes and I am about two shades darker.

I am interested in Red Light/Tanning beds because I am heading back to University where the weather can get nasty for a 2-3 months. I feel very down and depressed when the weather is not sunny and hot. I also get very white during the winter months, I may get a tanning membership if there are health benefits to be had.

Any Knowledge is welcome

Waynish

I think tanning beds are OK, so long as you do it for a short period and use some protective tanning oil (I use coconut oil).

BrianF

Used to own a salon. The tanning beds will give you a valueable source of vitamin d. Really good for that. But you wont get any other benefit from the light. Its just not the correct type. Used in conjunction with genuine red light sources should help you throug the darkmonths.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals