StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

haidut

Forum Supporter
Please take a look at the link below for more information on dosing pregnenolone.
Optimal Dose Of Pregnenolone For Androgen Synthesis

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

StressNon is a dietary supplement containing pure, pharmaceutical grade pregnenolone. This product, while consisting entirely of food-grade ingredients, is sanctioned for external use only.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Pregnenolone - 1.7mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
Enhanced Bioavailability And Tissue Effects Of Steroids Dissolved In Dmso
DMSO makes transdermal steroid absorption close to 100%

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Re: Custom supplement - "Pregnenolone in vitamin E w/ olive

Here is the thread where Ray says he gives his opinion on pregnenolone in vitamin E:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1035&start=20

Q: Do you know if pregnenolone dissolved in vit E has the same wound healing benefits of progest-E?
A(ray): Yes, probably better for most things.
Q: Can women take pregnenolone oil just like progest-E and get the same benefits in regards to PMS, cramps etc?
A(ray): Pregnenolone doesn't have the direct hormonal effects, but it's the precursor, and by stopping exaggerated stress reactions it is likely to help

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Will you be selling this product? I'm going to be ready for more pregnenolone soon and would love to try this. :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Blossom said:
Will you be selling this product? I'm going to be ready for more pregnenolone soon and would love to try this. :D

Yes, Blossom. We will have this ready by week's end. I will post on this thread when we are ready to start shipping orders. Thanks for your interest.

aquaman

price seems high - a 30 day supply of swanson (60x50mg capsules) costs $4.50 on amazon

If someone uses the estroban then the vitamin e wouldn't be needed

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

aquaman said:
price seems high - a 30 day supply of swanson (60x50mg capsules) costs $4.50 on amazon

If someone uses the estroban then the vitamin e wouldn't be needed

Yes, the price seems a bit higher but it's still less than the $30 you pay for Progest-E. Most of the cost comes from the pregnenolone and mixed tocopherols. Neither one is cheap to find with 99% purity. Even if you take both the pregnenolone product and EstroBan, that would still be "only" 400 IU of vitamin E per day, which is within the range Peat recommends (200-400 IU).

Btw, IMHO the Swanson product you mention has some issues with it. I loved the low price and no fillers so I ordered 10 bottles. I used it for 2 months at 10 pills a day, with no effect (and I did blood work). Also, there are some reviews on their website claiming the same lack of results as mine. Keep in mind, all of these reviewers had labs done and no changes detected. I suspect that either the pregnenolone is not in the capsule as advertised or reacted with something that makes it unabsorbable. Shame, considering their high-gamma tocopherol product did wonders for my estrogen. Incidentally, they are out of the Vitamin E product but not out of the Pregnenolone, which also tells you something. Do some digging on their website and you will see that they are out of many of the products people say worked for them. So, the ones that did not run out may have some issues with them. Don't mean to bash Swanson, I love some of their products. But their pregnenolone is not working for me and some other users as well. The one I will use for my supplement increased my pregnenolone and pregnenolone sulfate (a metabolite of pregnenolone) numbers by a factor of 4 at a dosage of only 100mg a day, which at least shows I am in fact ingesting pregnenolone.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson- ... mg-60-caps

Some of the reviews:

1. "I have been taking this product for over a year. My labs actually went down, even when I added 50 mg a day. My doctor has had over 400 people have no good results with this product. I am switching to a new brand. Melanie"

2. "In April, my pregnenalone lab value was 3 (optimal range 180-200). I started taking one of these each day from the end of April until the end of December. My labs at the beginning of April were still at 3 (optimal range 180-200). If taking 50mg of this each day for 8 months does not make a difference, I believe there may be a problem with the pills. I am going to try a different brand/manufacturer and see how that works."

3. "After taking the Swanson's version of Pregnenolone, my blood levels of pregnenolone have actually dropped to a very low level. I take 100 mg a day. When I was on another brand, my blood levels were normal."

So, everybody is free to make up their own mind but I am not taking their product any more and in fact that is the major reason I am launching my own pregnenolone supplement. Namely, I have made my own and used it for several months and confirmed effectiveness (on me at least) with blood work. I would not launch a supplement that I have not first tried on myself AND likes the results:):

J

j.

I bet the frequention mention of Swanson Maximum Gamma on the forum has something to do with its high demand.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

j. said:
I bet the frequention mention of Swanson Maximum Gamma on the forum has something to do with its high demand.

There is also a frequent mention of their pregnenolone product, but it is not out of stock. Maybe people just don't take as much pregnenolone as tocopherols, or maybe there are other reasons as well.

J

j.

Regarding pregnenolone, I take LEF and Swanson. I take more of the Swanson, but I can't recall whether I noticed differences in benefits.

I can say though the LEF product,the first brand I took, most definitely works, or at least used to when I took it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

j. said:
Regarding pregnenolone, I take LEF and Swanson. I take more of the Swanson, but I can't recall whether I noticed differences in benefits.

I can say though the LEF product,the first brand I took, most definitely works, or at least used to when I took it.

Yep, my experience as well. I took the LEF before I found Swanson. I have had good experience with every vendor's pregnenolone except Swanson's. So, there you go I said it - at least I can't be blamed much for bashing a competitor if I like other competitors:):

Blossom

Forum Supporter

:partydance :partydance Thanks haidut, I trust your supplements because estro-ban works so well and you are a great forum member who is always helping everyone. Much appreciated.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Blossom said:
:partydance :partydance Thanks haidut, I trust your supplements because estro-ban works so well and you are a great forum member who is always helping everyone. Much appreciated.

Much appreciated Blossom! I do welcome critique as well, if anybody has some for EstroBan or the other supplement once I it is available.
As I mentioned in my previous posts, if someone is going to a regular doctor for a checkup or something similar, I'd appreciate if they share their blood work results while on EstroBan. I would be mostly interested in its effects on estrogen and prolactin but would be nice to know other metrics as well.

Wilfrid

Hi Haidut,

Don't you think that selling only a high purity pregnenolone powder would be more easier for you and probably much economical?
Why do you want to use a solvent or vitamin E?
Ray already said about pregnenolone being a lipid and the useless need for a lipid matrix/solvent.
If it's for the topical use, it would be much easier for the customer to make it's own blend, no?
I, once, asked RP about topical use of pregnenolone; he said that he tried it ( up to a 5 gr dose ) on skin without any noticeable effect.
For wound healing, I think he, also, mentionned baking soda, honey and/or white sugar.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Wilfrid said:
Hi Haidut,

Don't you think that selling only a high purity pregnenolone powder would be more easier for you and probably much economical?
Ray already said about pregnenolone being a lipid and the useless need for a lipid matrix/solvent.
If it's for the topical use, it would be much easier for the customer to make it's own blend, no?
I, once, asked RP about topical use of pregnenolone; he said that he tried it ( up to a 5 gr dose ) on skin without any noticeable effect.
For wound healing, I think he, also, mentionned baking soda, honey and/or white sugar.

Those are good points Wilfrid, thanks for posting. I did not know about those statements of Peat's. I myself had only seen his statements that pregnenolone would actually NOT be easy to dissolve in oil and would require stirring for a long time, which is what my supplement will attempt to accomplish so people don't have to stir for hours. I have also seen his statements that the combination of pregnenolone and vitamin E as a solvent would actually be better than the progesterone solution. Look at Peat's quotes I posted at the beginning of the thread. How do you interpret his statements?
As for the powder vs. a liquid supplement, I think the convenience in having a bottled and ready to use supplement is nice to have. I also have pregnenolone and vitamin E separately at home but I find that often I simply do not have the time to sit down and prepare a mixture of some specific dosage of pregnenolone together with vitamin E. For me it is easier to just know to take X drops of this of that bottle and not mess with powders and gels every day. I guess to each his own.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I've been using the pregnenolone powder from ARK of Wellness and I'm very happy with the quality of the product. I will obviously make a comparison to see which product seems to works best for me. I'm mainly interested because convenience is an issue for me and let's face it the powder is a bit messy. I'll deal with the messy factor if need be but I'm always looking for ways to make my Peat inspired approach fit better with my busy life. I think it will be interesting to see how the two products compare. I'm pretty sensitive to additives so finding quality products with minimal questionable ingredients is always positive.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Blossom said:
I've been using the pregnenolone powder from ARK of Wellness and I'm very happy with the quality of the product. I will obviously make a comparison to see which product seems to works best for me. I'm mainly interested because convenience is an issue for me and let's face it the powder is a bit messy. I'll deal with the messy factor if need be but I'm always looking for ways to make my Peat inspired approach fit better with my busy life. I think it will be interesting to see how the two products compare. I'm pretty sensitive to additives so finding quality products with minimal questionable ingredients is always positive.

Thanks Blossom. The pregnenolone I'll be using is supopsedly 99.9% pure, the tocopherols are 99% pure, and the rest is organic oils. So, it should be very easy on people sensitive to allergens. I will post on Friday when we are ready to ship.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Thanks!

Wilfrid

haidut said:
Wilfrid said:
Hi Haidut,

Those are good points Wilfrid, thanks for posting. I did not know about those statements of Peat's. I myself had only seen his statements that pregnenolone would actually NOT be easy to dissolve in oil and would require stirring for a long time, which is what my supplement will attempt to accomplish so people don't have to stir for hours. I have also seen his statements that the combination of pregnenolone and vitamin E as a solvent would actually be better than the progesterone solution. Look at Peat's quotes I posted at the beginning of the thread. How do you interpret his statements?
As for the powder vs. a liquid supplement, I think the convenience in having a bottled and ready to use supplement is nice to have. I also have pregnenolone and vitamin E separately at home but I find that often I simply do not have the time to sit down and prepare a mixture of some specific dosage of pregnenolone together with vitamin E. For me it is easier to just know to take X drops of this of that bottle and not mess with powders and gels every day. I guess to each his own.

I mainly refer to Ray's answer on the pregnenolone section and useless need for oily matrix.

http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Wilfrid said:
haidut said:
Wilfrid said:
Hi Haidut,

I mainly refer to Ray's answer on the pregnenolone section and useless need for oily matrix.

http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges

Thanks, WIlfrid. I am doing the oil "matrix" since most sources of pregnenolone sell it as powder, so if you want to apply it dermally it would be helpful to have an ointment carrier of sorts. Also, the vitamin E should help with keeping aromatase under control so that pregnenolone can get converted mostly in the beneficial hormones.