Sperm Count Drop 'may Lead To Human Extinction'

Drareg

It won't surprise me if we wipe ourselves out in the most humiliating way possible,penis stop working syndrome,probably add spontaneous crapping of pants as bowel will no longer digest food,this will continue until we die ,we have grand visions of nuclear war or a meteorite,we will die with people walking around hands in pockets wondering what's going on with my penis while crapping pants,animals will be having the lols at humans!

Sperm count drop 'may lead to human extinction' - BBC News

"Humans could become extinct if sperm counts in men continue to fall at current rates, a doctor has warned.

Researchers assessing the results of nearly 200 separate studies say sperm counts among men from these areas seem to have halved in less than 40 years.

Some experts are sceptical of the findings, published in the Human Reproduction Update.

But lead researcher Dr Hagai Levine said he was "very worried" about what might happen in the future.

The assessment brings together the results of 185 studies between 1973 and 2011, one of the largest ever undertaken.

Dr Levine, an epidemiologist, told the BBC that if the trend continued humans would become extinct."

Tenacity

"Human fertility, like that of birds, reptiles, fish, and other animals, has declined so steeply during the last 20 years, as a result of the industrial pollutants with harmful estrogen-like effects, that it is very likely that every form of birth control has become more effective than it was found to be in the 1960s and 1970s. This means that even the rhythm method, using temperature or mucous tests to determine the fertile time, should be more effective than it used to be. The barrier methods--condoms, diaphragms, and cervical caps--will tend to be more effective even without the toxic spermicidal drugs that are now normally used with them."

- Ray Peat, From PMS to Menopause

meatbag

Atrazine induces complete feminization and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis).

"Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs. Atrazine-exposed males suffered from depressed testosterone, decreased breeding gland size, demasculinized/feminized laryngeal development, suppressed mating behavior, reduced spermatogenesis, and decreased fertility."

Very disturbing stuff to say the least.

Last edited:

yerrag

Could be part of a grand design to make humans cooperate more towards a singular purpose, the way ants, termites, and bees work.

BingDing

"....from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand." :roll:

Hopefully the rest of the human race will go on to develop a system that is not burdened by unmitigated greed.

lvysaur

Hopefully the rest of the human race will go on to develop a system that is not burdened by unmitigated greed.

Wouldn't a population that is not burdened by greed be feminized in the first place?

I believe that something akin to feminization has been happening to all humans, for a very long time, ever since we started living in settled societies.

"Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs.

There's no way this can be true, genetic males producing viable eggs? It sounds impossible, and the LGBT groups should be going nuts over it.

Last edited:

yerrag

Wouldn't a population that is not burdened by greed be feminized in the first place?

I believe that something akin to feminization has been happening to all humans, for a very long time, ever since we started living in settled societies.
Quite observant. Now that you mention it, the Neanderthals and the Cro-Magnons - they were very masculine. Homo sapiens looks more feminine, definitely.:)

lvysaur

Now that you mention it, the Neanderthals and the Cro-Magnons - they were very masculine. Homo sapiens looks more feminine, definitely.:)

Cro Magnons were Homo sapiens.

yerrag

I didn't know that. Still a more masculine type of homo sapiens. With clubs? Definitely more masculine, expressing their love with them.

x-ray peat

Could be part of a grand design to make humans cooperate more towards a singular purpose, the way ants, termites, and bees work.
yup.

upload_2017-7-25_23-27-17.jpeg

bdawg

It won't surprise me if we wipe ourselves out in the most humiliating way possible,penis stop working syndrome,probably add spontaneous crapping of pants as bowel will no longer digest food,this will continue until we die ,we have grand visions of nuclear war or a meteorite,we will die with people walking around hands in pockets wondering what's going on with my penis while crapping pants,animals will be having the lols at humans!

Sperm count drop 'may lead to human extinction' - BBC News

"Humans could become extinct if sperm counts in men continue to fall at current rates, a doctor has warned.

Researchers assessing the results of nearly 200 separate studies say sperm counts among men from these areas seem to have halved in less than 40 years.

Some experts are sceptical of the findings, published in the Human Reproduction Update.

But lead researcher Dr Hagai Levine said he was "very worried" about what might happen in the future.

The assessment brings together the results of 185 studies between 1973 and 2011, one of the largest ever undertaken.

Dr Levine, an epidemiologist, told the BBC that if the trend continued humans would become extinct."

100% agree, cheap vegetable oil + phytoestrogen + income inequality and high working hours = smashed fertility rate

Korea and Japan is the harbinger

bdawg

Settled insular societies are feminine, but the genetic victors (propagators) have always been from invading masculine tribes, look at the success of haplogroup R1a and R1b in europe

x-ray peat

The fact that for the last 40 years nobody of importance has been talking about this, the media barely reporting on it, and there is no sense of urgency to change it should be all you need to conclude that this is no accident. Us peasants have been so domesticated that we no longer posses a group survival instinct.

Last edited:

yerrag

100% agree, cheap vegetable oil + phytoestrogen + income inequality and high working hours = smashed fertility rate

Korea and Japan is the harbinger

Are you referring to the effeminate boy bands of k-pop? Yeah. I thought this must be the trend of the new millenium. Psy was a notable exception

lvysaur

but the genetic victors (propagators) have always been from invading masculine tribes, look at the success of haplogroup R1a and R1b in europe

"have always" is not the same as "that one time in 3000 BC". There are plenty of examples of shorter, more feminine agricultural societies becoming genetic victors among healthier primitives. Think Guanches, Sudanese, Samoans, North Americans, and even enslavement of Negroes by Europeans.

Unless your definition of feminine/masculine is something else, in which case you'd have to prove to me that the Indoeuropeans met such criteria more than the people they colonized.

yerrag

"have always" is not the same as "that one time in 3000 BC". There are plenty of examples of shorter, more feminine agricultural societies becoming genetic victors among healthier primitives. Think Guanches, Sudanese, Samoans, North Americans, and even enslavement of Negroes by Europeans. a

Unless your definition of feminine/masculine is something else, in which case you'd have to prove to me that the Indoeuropeans met such criteria more than the people they colonized.
The Germanic tribes overran the Western Roman Empire. Moslems overran Constantinople. Genghis Khan overran China. Conquistadores overran Latin America. The British used Gurkhas a lot in their empire. The Mujahideen are at Europe's doorsteps.

bdawg

Are you referring to the effeminate boy bands of k-pop? Yeah. I thought this must be the trend of the new millenium. Psy was a notable exception

Yep that's a symptom (the bands are almost androgynous), and not sure how much is genetic 'AR reactivity' but phytoestrogens combined with employment insecurity means the urge to procreate is almost nil - Having said that Spain and Portugal also have an extremely low fertility rate so I think the unemployment/underemployment effect is stronger. Among the rich and educated in the US, fertility rates are pretty stable and possibly going up

bdawg

"have always" is not the same as "that one time in 3000 BC". There are plenty of examples of shorter, more feminine agricultural societies becoming genetic victors among healthier primitives. Think Guanches, Sudanese, Samoans, North Americans, and even enslavement of Negroes by Europeans.

True, it happened in pulses, but the societies you mention are smaller in scale compared to the Indoeuropean expansion (except the European enslavement which is also R1a R1b mediated). I'm saying purely from a gene propagation point of view where the haplogroups were able to expand to most of the world, this came from invading societies whereas settler/farmer societies had limited geographical impact.

bdawg

Back
Top Bottom