Sorghum Syrup Androgenic?

Cameron

I’ve seem the study of 54% 5ar increase but by what mechanism or by product of sorghum has this affect on the enzyme??study was done on sorghum extract but the syrup taste great with loads of great minerals and antioxidants! @haidut @Salmonamb how can we use this to best androgenic benefit flour syrup or what’s special about the extract?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’ve seem the study of 54% 5ar increase but by what mechanism or by product of sorghum has this affect on the enzyme??study was done on sorghum extract but the syrup taste great with loads of great minerals and antioxidants! @haidut @Salmonamb how can we use this to best androgenic benefit flour syrup or what’s special about the extract?
Well the sorghum extract appear to scavenge DPPH radicals, inhibit lipid peroxidation, chelate metal ion such as iron, etc. Maybe heat would reduce the effectiveness, so syrup might not be as good as the CO2 extract.
There are other supplements that might be safer than sorghum to use to boost DHT, such as androsterone, glycine, caffeine, etc.

Maybe Haidut can shed some more light on the subject.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Well the sorghum extract appear to scavenge DPPH radicals, inhibit lipid peroxidation, chelate metal ion such as iron, etc. Maybe heat would reduce the effectiveness, so syrup might not be as good as the CO2 extract.
There are other supplements that might be safer than sorghum to use to boost DHT, such as androsterone, glycine, caffeine, etc.

Maybe Haidut can shed some more light on the subject.
I was seeing if @haidut May be able to formulate an extract from sorghum that was safe and effective. The flour seems high in pufa over a quarter cup! The extract from co2 seems promising but wasn’t sure if a dose has been determined..

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was seeing if @haidut May be able to formulate an extract from sorghum that was safe and effective. The flour seems high in pufa over a quarter cup! The extract from co2 seems promising but wasn’t sure if a dose has been determined..
Why would you want to use sorghum if there are other safer DHT boosters?

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Why would you want to use sorghum if there are other safer DHT boosters?
I’m fascinated with increasing androgens whether it’s in the brain or tissues or whatever. I want to learn multiple ways to become more anabolic and androgenic without taking anabolic steroids at least at my age

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Caffeine and niacinamide combo boosts brain DHT.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Caffeine and niacinamide combo boosts brain DHT.
That would explain my coffee and energin libido boost! 4 -5 cups a day with 100 mgs niacinimide take quite a bit of gelatin for glycine too with sugar. Androsterone is probably next on the list to try hopefully it will help with tissue androgens

T

TheBeard

Maybe butea superba is more effective and easier to dose but also lacking good research of what makes it raise dht blood levels..

Butea Superba has one very dodgy study only.

Just like that one study where they found that loading creating led to a surge in DHT.

Never replicated, and the Butea Superba study authors are from the country where it is harvested...Thailand. Obvious conflict of interest in this one

CDT

I’m fascinated with increasing androgens whether it’s in the brain or tissues or whatever. I want to learn multiple ways to become more anabolic and androgenic without taking anabolic steroids at least at my age
Have you had a blood test done, by chance? What does your diet protocol look like, if I may ask? Thanks in advance!

shine

Sorghum contains the enzyme 5-alpha reductase and genes that are being used to make the enzyme. That is why you get an immediate effect when you ingest sorghum. Colors become more vibrant, mood gets really good. If you take 50mg pregnenolone and then eat sorghum bread you can really feel the increase in allopregnanolone.
I've also noticed that not all sorghum is the same. Bob's Redmill whole grain sorghum flour has been working best so far.

nomoreketones

Looks like the original question posed in this thread hasn't been answered yet. I tried to google it but I couldn't find a definitive answer. So, I'm going to ask for anecdotes:

Has anyone in this forum tried sorghum syrup and compared its effectiveness with whole grain sorghum or sorghum flour?

Sorghum contains the enzyme 5-alpha reductase and genes that are being used to make the enzyme. That is why you get an immediate effect when you ingest sorghum. Colors become more vibrant, mood gets really good. If you take 50mg pregnenolone and then eat sorghum bread you can really feel the increase in allopregnanolone.
I've also noticed that not all sorghum is the same. Bob's Redmill whole grain sorghum flour has been working best so far.

I've been dealing with post-finasteride syndrome for the last 4 years, constant brain fog, lack of drive, creativity, everything looks so dull. My 5a-reductase is fried. I used to be able to take 100 mg pregnenolone and I felt amazingly relaxed and jovial.

Tried taking it again today, same brand, eaten alongside 65 g of sorghum grain to attempt to brute force as much as of it to convert to neurosteroids... the effect was so mild, if anything. Nothing like before. I guess the 5-AR in my CNS is just severely suppressed after Fin and the rate limiting factor to how much the pregnenolone can convert to anything useful. I tried downstream metabolites like 5a-DHP but nothing really gets my brain feeling like normal anymore. Not sure what to try.

shine

I've been dealing with post-finasteride syndrome for the last 4 years, constant brain fog, lack of drive, creativity, everything looks so dull. My 5a-reductase is fried. I used to be able to take 100 mg pregnenolone and I felt amazingly relaxed and jovial.

Tried taking it again today, same brand, eaten alongside 65 g of sorghum grain to attempt to brute force as much as of it to convert to neurosteroids... the effect was so mild, if anything. Nothing like before. I guess the 5-AR in my CNS is just severely suppressed after Fin and the rate limiting factor to how much the pregnenolone can convert to anything useful. I tried downstream metabolites like 5a-DHP but nothing really gets my brain feeling like normal anymore. Not sure what to try.

Have you tried glycine? 500-1000mg sublingually for example.

Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

You could also try palmitoylethanolamide. It has been shown to increase neurosteroids/allopregnanolone. I really like it and get a noticeable mood boost every time I take it. The world just gets more vibrant, colors and bright lights look beautiful.

Another one you could try is androsterone. It won't fix the issue (at least to my knowledge) but it is a very effective antidepressant and a 5-alpha-reduced neurosteroid.

Certain metabolites of vitamin A increase steroidogenic enzymes in the brain. I use retinyl palmitate for vitamin A. Might be something to try aswell.

Most of the steroidogenic enzymes need vitamin B3 for their conversions. What is your intake, are you supplementing it already?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals