Something Interesting I've Noticed About Peating To Fatloss

teds

Forum Supporter
It is amazing how many people talk about a lack of craving, and then write they eat 3 meals a day with possible cheat snacks. ?? That sounds like extreme food (carb) addiction to me.

If you really have conquered the cravings you can accidentally go 24 hours without food because you were busy doing something.
Erm....I think you’re confusing ‘cravings’ with need for fuel/hunger lol..

teds

Forum Supporter
It is amazing how many people talk about a lack of craving, and then write they eat 3 meals a day with possible cheat snacks. ?? That sounds like extreme food (carb) addiction to me.

If you really have conquered the cravings you can accidentally go 24 hours without food because you were busy doing something.
It’s also possible that you’ve not read or maybe misread much of RP research and/or the research that he quotes.. just an observation..

Aaron

Fats I use:

Butter, ghee, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil

I would recommend sticking with butter instead of ghee. This video details research showing that ghee contains 10-20 times more cholesterol oxidation products compared to butter. Also contains a lot more AGE's.

teds

Forum Supporter
I would recommend sticking with butter instead of ghee. This video details research showing that ghee contains 10-20 times more cholesterol oxidation products compared to butter. Also contains a lot more AGE's.

That's odd.. lowest rates of Alzheimer's is in india...

sunraiser

I personally like having food cravings and feel like they’re an important part of finding health. They’re just signalling micro or macronutrient needs at a given time, IMO. Unless you’re craving stimulants / refined sugar.

I’m glad you’re getting results OP but be aware how restrictive your diet is. All that milk has a high iodine content and you’re barely eating any selenium. It also looks to be deficient in zinc. All that copper you’re getting from liver won’t be metabolised without sufficient zinc from foods!

Zinc and/or selenium deficiency will make you hypothyroid which is pretty much what everyone here doesn’t want! Maybe you’re filling up on these things at weekends, but the absence of particular cravings isn’t necessarily a good thing.

The thought of liver is unappealing to me for most of the week and then all of a sudden it seems like the best thing in the world. If I eat lots of bread I’ll stop craving it for a few days, and then I’ll want it again.

Cravings for whole foods aren’t the enemy, they’re useful signposts imo!

Weight loss does not automatically equate to health. Just make sure you don’t lose your health on the way through dogmatic dieting!

OP
Y

YourUniverse

If you eat a certain way, but you dont have a feeling of need for anything else... is the way you eat then indeed "restrictive"? (whether some people who love pasta and rice think its restrictive or not)

Cravings are useful signposts. What does it say if there are no cravings, though? Maybe the body isnt asking for anything in particular? ;)

I'm confused, are my selenium and zinc OK? (attachment)

Attachments

• diet.jpg
    diet.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 50
L

lollipop

Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

L

lollipop

I personally like having food cravings and feel like they’re an important part of finding health. They’re just signalling micro or macronutrient needs at a given time, IMO. Unless you’re craving stimulants / refined sugar.

I’m glad you’re getting results OP but be aware how restrictive your diet is. All that milk has a high iodine content and you’re barely eating any selenium. It also looks to be deficient in zinc. All that copper you’re getting from liver won’t be metabolised without sufficient zinc from foods!

Zinc and/or selenium deficiency will make you hypothyroid which is pretty much what everyone here doesn’t want! Maybe you’re filling up on these things at weekends, but the absence of particular cravings isn’t necessarily a good thing.

The thought of liver is unappealing to me for most of the week and then all of a sudden it seems like the best thing in the world. If I eat lots of bread I’ll stop craving it for a few days, and then I’ll want it again.

Cravings for whole foods aren’t the enemy, they’re useful signposts imo!

Weight loss does not automatically equate to health. Just make sure you don’t lose your health on the way through dogmatic dieting!
Good distinction. I needed to add to my post, cravings for breads went down - that occasional craving for starch still shows up and I eat it. I rarely craved sugar - sometimes chocolate and caramel and ice cream. Those have greatly reduced as I feel and eat way more balanced.

theLaw

I'm starting to think that much of these "cravings" are just significant bacterial issues in the small intestine, which is hard to reach, even with carrot salad.

I've really had to hit my gut hard with AC to lose fat, and improve digestion. Both Danny and Haidut had to take some significant measures to heal digestion as well.

This is where stearic acid might be as valuable as some antibiotics, and even necessary for those who feel the need to each starch to be satiated.

I just ordered some, and will report back in a few weeks.

managing

I'm starting to think that much of these "cravings" are just significant bacterial issues in the small intestine, which is hard to reach, even with carrot salad.

I've really had to hit my gut hard with AC to lose fat, and improve digestion. Both Danny and Haidut had to take some significant measures to heal digestion as well.

This is where stearic acid might be as valuable as some antibiotics, and even necessary for those who feel the need to each starch to be satiated.

Did you mean to say "as well as some antibiotics"?

And what is the value of stearic acid in regard to digestion/small intestine bacteria?

SQu

Also no cravings. Some things do taste extra good and make me feel great (egg yolks in butter) and I can definitely link these to things I know I always do well on (i.e. Choline, sat fat) , or particularly need right then (concentrated sugar when I have missed a meal because I'm busy or ... you know, no cravings, can't be bothered sometimes) No weight loss yet on scale, but big body composition changes according to clothing fit, how I feel, and comments from others.

rei

It’s also possible that you’ve not read or maybe misread much of RP research and/or the research that he quotes.. just an observation..
I have read much of it, and agree with much. But sometimes he makes wrong conclusion. The best way to reduce endotoxin is to only eat once per day or less, this can dramatically improve digestion and digestive system health. The amount of stress the body needs to endure doing this is minimal once you are adapted. And in such adaptation you can truly say you don't have cravings.

sunraiser

If you eat a certain way, but you dont have a feeling of need for anything else... is the way you eat then indeed "restrictive"? (whether some people who love pasta and rice think its restrictive or not)

Cravings are useful signposts. What does it say if there are no cravings, though? Maybe the body isnt asking for anything in particular? ;)

I'm confused, are my selenium and zinc OK? (attachment)

Yeah you could absolutely be fine. If you’re looking and feeling healthy, alongside sleeping soundly then I would say you’ve found something that works for you at this point.

Health and the needs of the body are transient, though, I really just wanted to mention the benefits of cravings. I’m surprised your iodine isn’t higher and selenium isn’t lower from your dietary description, but again, if you feel good I wouldn’t worry at all.

Perhaps you could eat some chicken or steak once in a while and see if it tastes like the food of the gods. That’s a good sign it’s something your body wants!

EIRE24

What antibiotic?

theLaw

Ha, I read that three times and never saw the first "as". I get it now.

As for stearic, I understand the correlation with weight loss. I took you to be comparing it to antibiotics, so I thought you mean gut benefits.

Only comparing in the sense that there are antibiotics/foods with antibiotic properties like I posted above that wouldn't be as effective as SA.

tomisonbottom

How much AC did you use, and how often?
Are you still doing this?