Some Novotiral Questions

StrongMom

Hi everyone,

I have been taking Novotiral for about 3 months (half a pill three times a day). I was so happy in the beginning as I was finally able to raise my pulse/temp. My pulse moved from low 70s to high 70s and sometimes even low 80s. I started feeling warmer, etc-- all good signs. At about the same time I started Blue Sky T3 as well. However, for the past 3-4 weeks, my pulse dropped back to low 70s. I have not changed anything else in terms of supplementation or dietwise. I don't know what happened. What should I do now? Increase Novotiral? How much is too much for Novotiral? Or, is it OK as long as pulse is low? What else can I do? I am already taking Pregnenolone and a little bit of Progesterone.

Thanks

T

tca300

Sounds like maybe the T4 accumulated and is now turning into reverse t3. Ray usually recommends small amounts of T3 during the day and then before bed some T4, like in novotiral.

M

marikay

I take 1/4 a tablet of Novotiral four times a day, I think 1/2 is too much at one time.

I also take BSP t3 and do have some trouble dosing it. I'm not sure how much T3 I am getting from one drop of the BSP. So it's trial and error with that part.

So maybe try 1/4 tablet of Novotiral instead of 1/2 and take it four times a day instead of two. Taking it with food is also a good idea. One or two drops of BSP when pulse drops below 80 has helped.

I also need some vitamin A, plenty of protein, and an aspirin once in a while for the T3 to work properly.

And anything you can do to keep cortisol low will help the T3 work better.

Hope this helps.

lindsay

I concur about the T4 - that's a lot of T4! Especially for the summer months. I think your body is probably loaded with T4 and maybe you should reduce the amount of T4 and pace the T3 throughout the day - again, just a suggestion. I know from experience that it's super hard to gauge thyroid usage. Personally, I find I do best with T4 in the morning, but that's my preference - everyone is different.

I started taking Novotiral recently (I go back and forth between Novotiral and BSP T4 & T3 - the tablets are just more convenient than carrying around a liquid, but they both work well for me). 1/2 of a Novotiral tablet at once is a lot, especially if done 3 times per day. That's more than a Cynoplus tablet.

I usually take 1/4 of a tablet in the morning and another in the afternoon (so half daily), and then take one to 3 drops of BSP T3 throughout the day as needed, and sometimes an additional drop of BSP T4 in the evening. I just got a fitness tracker wristband and my pulse has been pretty steady around 80 to 85 (sometimes into the 90's) bpm. In the past when I used Cynoplus, I found there was a cut-off point where the body accumulated too much T4 and it no longer worked so well, so I would assume the same for Novotiral.

Do you use other pro-thyroid substances (like coffee?)

OP
S

StrongMom

@tca300 , @marikay , and @lindsay

Thanks a lot for very helpful commends. I will refocus on T3. I don't understand BSP T3 well; I am not really sure if it has helped. I have also triyotex in hand. I will give a try; do you have any experiences with that?

I drink coffee, but two days ago I had a very bad reaction to afternoon coffee- I was up the whole night, literally. So I am a bit more careful for the moment.

Vitamin A thing is interesting. I have been taking haidut's fat solubles, but given that it is summer now, could it be that my vitamin A needs increased? I have a bit oily skin lately with lots of blackheads.

Thanks everyone; I will keep it posted.

lindsay

@StressedMom - regarding BSP T3, I did the math and it turns out that one drop of the liquid contains about 4 mcg of T3. The ratio of T4 to T3 in Cynoplus was 4:1. Novotiral is a 5:1 ratio (T4:T3). Some people need more T3 than this, so I would suggest adjusting the ratio to get where you need. I felt the most from BSP T3 when I put it in my coffee or OJ. I have Triyotex, but didn't experiment with it much because of all those little pellets - such a pain!

I am also experimenting more with Iodine - I have found that Iodine with Thyroid makes a huge difference for me (along with eating selenium rich foods - basically some meat or shellfish), but that's a risky subject, so don't take my word for it!

If you are interested, I can look up the fitness tracker I bought - I'm not thrilled with the blue tooth aspect of it, but it's super easy to monitor pulse and sleep and it only cost about $15 (comes from China).

I mix Vitamin A in my MCT oil and apply it to my arms and abdomen after I shower. I don't know if it helps, but my skin seems to be doing all right, so that's something. Hope you figure things out!!

OP
S

StrongMom

@tca300, @marikay, and @lindsay

Thanks again. I have another question. How about for kids? I have been giving novotiral to my 3-year-olds. After your suggestions I reduced their novotiral dosage as well and now working on giving T3. Their body temperatures rose only in the beginning when I gave first novotiral. Afterwards, they seem to rise only the first few days when I increase the dosage; afterwards it goes back to 97.2-97.4 range. Currently giving 1/8 of novotiral twice a day and a few drops of BPS T3. Should T3 dosage be less than a drop?

BTW, I tried triyotex in the last two days. I took one capsule (75 mcg) each day little by little. No improvement yet!

M

marikay

Thanks again. I have another question. How about for kids? I have been giving novotiral to my 3-year-olds. After your suggestions I reduced their novotiral dosage as well and now working on giving T3. Their body temperatures rose only in the beginning when I gave first novotiral. Afterwards, they seem to rise only the first few days when I increase the dosage; afterwards it goes back to 97.2-97.4 range. Currently giving 1/8 of novotiral twice a day and a few drops of BPS T3. Should T3 dosage be less than a drop?

BTW, I tried triyotex in the last two days. I took one capsule (75 mcg) each day little by little. No improvement yet!

I have no information or experience on thyroid and kids. I'd be careful though since kids (especially young kids) react differently than adults to most medicine.

lindsay

Hmmm. I really shouldn't be the one to answer this, as I do not have children and am afraid to give thyroid to my dog (since I cannot properly monitor him on a consistent basis). Did you have blood work done for your children? If so, how was their TSH numbers? Young children tend to have fantastic metabolic rates, so unless there is a definite need to medicate them with thyroid, I would just focus on giving them a good diet low in PUFA. That's probably the worst metabolic factor they would face on a daily basis - especially with things like school lunches and junk food/snacks.

Also, regarding the Triyotex, 75 mg per day is a huge amount of T3. The human body only produces naturally around 10 - 22 mcg daily - at least, that's what I've read on a few sites when google searching. So small amounts taken with food throughout the day are better than a lot, IMO. But I'm cautious. I remember reading a weird story on Matt Stone's page years ago about somebody just popping Cytomel pills and he developed a goiter. Sometimes less is more :)

Additionally, one thing I've noticed that really helps my energy levels naturally is getting B-vitamins. I tend to avoid beef due to the iron content, but lately I've noticed that I feel really good after eating a steak or beef liver.

OP
S

StrongMom

Hmmm. I really shouldn't be the one to answer this, as I do not have children and am afraid to give thyroid to my dog (since I cannot properly monitor him on a consistent basis). Did you have blood work done for your children? If so, how was their TSH numbers? Young children tend to have fantastic metabolic rates, so unless there is a definite need to medicate them with thyroid, I would just focus on giving them a good diet low in PUFA. That's probably the worst metabolic factor they would face on a daily basis - especially with things like school lunches and junk food/snacks.

Also, regarding the Triyotex, 75 mg per day is a huge amount of T3. The human body only produces naturally around 10 - 22 mcg daily - at least, that's what I've read on a few sites when google searching. So small amounts taken with food throughout the day are better than a lot, IMO. But I'm cautious. I remember reading a weird story on Matt Stone's page years ago about somebody just popping Cytomel pills and he developed a goiter. Sometimes less is more :)

Additionally, one thing I've noticed that really helps my energy levels naturally is getting B-vitamins. I tend to avoid beef due to the iron content, but lately I've noticed that I feel really good after eating a steak or beef liver.

Thanks Lindsay. I have twin boys on the autistic spectrum. My health was so bad that I gave birth to two autistic boys. What a mess! Their TSHs are around 3 and I emailed RP about them. He told me to give them thyroid and pregnenolone. One of them (one with the severe conditions) cannot have a bowel movement without thyroid and magnesium. I have been giving him magnesium oxide for almost two years and we only recently made a progress when I upped his novotiral. I guess I need to email him again and ask about T3.

I know that 75 mg is a lot!! I am not sure what is going on. But yesterday I took 1/4 of novotiral 4 times a day with some BSP T3 around the day. In the afternoon after drinking some coffee I noticed my pulse moved up to 80, but then came back to low 70s. Maybe it is really because of too much T4.

Thanks for the feedback, I will let you know how it goes.

OP
S

StrongMom

An update..

I started taking 1/4 novotiral 4 times a day and using T3 more actively, also uppped theanine a bit. In the last few days, my pulse increased to mid to high 70s. There is some progress. It might be because of too much T4 perhaps.

M

marikay

An update..

I started taking 1/4 novotiral 4 times a day and using T3 more actively, also uppped theanine a bit. In the last few days, my pulse increased to mid to high 70s. There is some progress. It might be because of too much T4 perhaps.

Maybe take the 1/4 tab of novotiral three times a day. And you may need less thyroid overall during the summer and more during the winter. Glad to read that things are getting a little bit better. Hopefully you can get into the 80's with your pulse before long. Cheers.

OP
S

StrongMom

Maybe take the 1/4 tab of novotiral three times a day. And you may need less thyroid overall during the summer and more during the winter. Glad to read that things are getting a little bit better. Hopefully you can get into the 80's with your pulse before long. Cheers.

Thanks Mirakay. The improvement stalled this week, but I am guessing now that warm weather contributed to my condition. Also, I am planning to increase my Vitamin A intake to see if it was playing any role. My understanding is that vitamin A and D must be in a balance; the recent increase in Vitamin D was not accompanied by an increase in vitamin A. I will update as I experiment a bit.

DaveFoster

I concur about the T4 - that's a lot of T4! Especially for the summer months. I think your body is probably loaded with T4 and maybe you should reduce the amount of T4 and pace the T3 throughout the day - again, just a suggestion. I know from experience that it's super hard to gauge thyroid usage. Personally, I find I do best with T4 in the morning, but that's my preference - everyone is different.

I started taking Novotiral recently (I go back and forth between Novotiral and BSP T4 & T3 - the tablets are just more convenient than carrying around a liquid, but they both work well for me). 1/2 of a Novotiral tablet at once is a lot, especially if done 3 times per day. That's more than a Cynoplus tablet.

I usually take 1/4 of a tablet in the morning and another in the afternoon (so half daily), and then take one to 3 drops of BSP T3 throughout the day as needed, and sometimes an additional drop of BSP T4 in the evening. I just got a fitness tracker wristband and my pulse has been pretty steady around 80 to 85 (sometimes into the 90's) bpm. In the past when I used Cynoplus, I found there was a cut-off point where the body accumulated too much T4 and it no longer worked so well, so I would assume the same for Novotiral.

Do you use other pro-thyroid substances (like coffee?)
Hey Lindsay, are you still using BSP T4, and if would you say the quality's still good? Once I run out of TyroMix I plan to use Tyronene + BSP T4.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Last time I bought at mymexicandrugstore.org
Thank you.

I'm currently trying Tyronene (T3) to add to the Novotiral (synthetic T3 and T4 in a 1:5 ratio), and I'll report back here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals