OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I put it all over my face and neck in the evening (when I remember). So probably 15 drops.

Thanks. Keep us posted on changes and other effects.

denise

Does anyone have any more updates relating to using this for lipomas or sebaceous cysts?
I have no experience using Solban for sebaceous cysts, but I wanted to mention something that did work for me. Several years ago I had several cysts in a very...sensitive area. My gyn said she could remove them surgically, but I was having none of that, so after some internet research, I tried iodine. It was just the usual povidone iodine you can buy at the drugstore. I soaked a cotton ball with it and put one over each cyst, and I kid you not, it worked within 48 hours (i.e., they all drained), and they never came back. It was downright miraculous.

B

Braveheart

I have no experience using Solban for sebaceous cysts, but I wanted to mention something that did work for me. Several years ago I had several cysts in a very...sensitive area. My gyn said she could remove them surgically, but I was having none of that, so after some internet research, I tried iodine. It was just the usual povidone iodine you can buy at the drugstore. I soaked a cotton ball with it and put one over each cyst, and I kid you not, it worked within 48 hours (i.e., they all drained), and they never came back. It was downright miraculous.
I wouldn't be without topical iodine...it is miracle stuff

B

Braveheart

Hi bzmazu, I was wondering if you were able to resolve your tinnitus? Thank you
no, not all...actually getting worse...living with it for now...always sensitive to changes but haven't been able to come up with anything...hasn't been a priority though

Regina

no, not all...actually getting worse...living with it for now...always sensitive to changes but haven't been able to come up with anything...hasn't been a priority though
Ah, that stinks. Sorry to draw your attention to it. :oops:

encerent

Why do you need ethanol in this? Can't the ingredients be dissolved in just water? Ethanol dries the skin and I'd like to avoid it on my face.

walker_in_aus

Just a heads-up for anyone have issues with the price:

I made my own Solban from the ingredients listed on the bottle using vodka as a ethanol replacement.........works fine.

Personally, I don't think it will be worth it financially to sell this product long term, as it can be made cheaply at home; I found myself using much more on many areas of the body due to the low price.

This might ultimately be filed next to Potato Juice as an impractical idea given the volume necessary to use on a regular basis.......especially for sunscreen.

Haidut's vitamin sups and Thyroid products, on the other hand, are much more practical when purchased pre-mixed.......and well worth the price imo.

Cheers!:D

I did it even dodgier because I had no caffeine powder, so crushed up No-Doz and an aspirin tab in some purified water in a roughly correct ratio - was putting it on my legs before sunbathing and it worked amazing - instant glowy legs, dry scaley skin gone, cellulite appearance reduction. Great to do before a fancy event when you're getting the pins out.

I also use some dilute home brewed coffee and added aspirin and niacinamide to that for an instant skin boost - makes your face glow for sure :)

Solban probably slighty more effective but those things work in a pinch.

Kibs

Haidut I sent a pm but page keeps timing out? not sure if you received it. Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why do you need ethanol in this? Can't the ingredients be dissolved in just water? Ethanol dries the skin and I'd like to avoid it on my face.

It helps a bit to get the chemicals beyond the first layer of skin, which helps increase and prolong its effects. Ethanol is also a disinfectant and many people spray such mixtures on scrapes, wounds, cuts, etc, so it helps there too.

Jem Oz

@haidut I must say this is the one product of yours that I wish came in a (much) bigger bottle. It's the start of a loooong hot summer where I live and I'm gonna need a lot of solban to get me through it!

Jem Oz

Question for the Aussies who have dabbled in bootleg solban: where do you source your ingredients? Would love some recommendations

tomisonbottom

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at adding 8oz and 10oz options.

That would be awesome. I would definitely buy a larger bottle.
Also a higher percentage of aspirin, maybe a 2-4% version for acne prone people would be great.

In the meantime, curious, can I add a little aspirin to my solban to increase the percentage? Would that negatively affect the solubility of the ingredients already in there? I was going to try making it a 2% solution if possible to see how that goes.

Kibs

I may make a separate supplement for that. SolBan is pretty solid as a formulation and does not leave much of a residue when applied. Also, it is still primarily a sunscreen replacement and taurine adds nothing to that AFAIK. It won't hurt either but there is not much evidence for skin health and this is what SolBan tries to be primarily - sunscreen and skin anti-aging. The other benefits are more of side effects.
I have tried topical taurine and it absorbs but it leaves a white coating on the skin for a few hours and it looks like dried out sweat after a run. So, I will have to figure something out when it comes to topical taurine.

Sorry old post but have you thought anymore about a taurine topical?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That would be awesome. I would definitely buy a larger bottle.
Also a higher percentage of aspirin, maybe a 2-4% version for acne prone people would be great.

In the meantime, curious, can I add a little aspirin to my solban to increase the percentage? Would that negatively affect the solubility of the ingredients already in there? I was going to try making it a 2% solution if possible to see how that goes.

Aspirin is not very soluble in water. You can try to add more to SolBan but it may precipitate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals