SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

patchpreset

Is there some secret to getting the ingredients to dissolve? And stay dissolved. I've tried making a solution with similar concentration, but crystals seem to precipitate out of it. Aspirin seems to be the one that really doesn't stay put.

Waynish

My friend who is a celiac, has been on thyroid for years, and isn't allergic to anything else as far as I know... Had a reaction to solban - broke out. Any idea why?

(She also reacts to eggs, milk, sunflowers, pollen and too much of nightshade.)

Haven't tested it yet, but I'm pretty sure we've reduced it to the niacinamide. How would you fix metabolism on the skin such that reactions to niacinamide stop occurring? :) Add sugar?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there a decomposition of the aspirin to salicylate over time (hydrolysis)?

Not to our knowledge, and we tested several batches that were 6+ months old.

churchmouth

Not to our knowledge, and we tested several batches that were 6+ months old.
The other concern I have is how do we know magnesium acetylsalicylate has the same benefits on the skin as the plain aspirin used in these studies?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The other concern I have is how do we know magnesium acetylsalicylate has the same benefits on the skin as the plain aspirin used in these studies?

Because all the salicylic acid salts rapidly break down into salicylic acid and whatever the other compound is and it is salicylic acid that is the active ingredient. So, magnesium salicylate breaks down into salicylic acid and magensium and aspirin breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid. If anything, the magnesium salt would have even more benefit given magnesium's role in ATP synthesis. I have not seen anything showing acetic acid having benefits on the skin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, what is your deal with @Sol?

Well, he refuses to shine all day and keeps changing his magnetic activity. So, at some point I had enough and this is the result :):

EIRE24

@haidut Would this supplement be affective for seb derm to kill off the fungus? I have used sulfur soap with some good results but the fungus continues to grow back.

Warrior_

Works fine as a sunscreen, and reduces redness / inflammation from too much / strong sun exposure in very short time. I also use it as a sunscreen on my face without any problems.

Also it works for small injuries (trauma) / inflammation on joints and muscles, as it speeds up metabolism and so the recovery process.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Would this supplement be affective for seb derm to kill off the fungus? I have used sulfur soap with some good results but the fungus continues to grow back.

Niacinamide and aspirin have proven anti-fungal properties so I don't see why not. Have you tried rubbing some coconut oil or MCT on your scalp? That also has antifungal effects.

Ras

Is there some secret to getting the ingredients to dissolve? And stay dissolved. I've tried making a solution with similar concentration, but crystals seem to precipitate out of it. Aspirin seems to be the one that really doesn't stay put.
Have you tried sodium salicylate?

churchmouth

Because all the salicylic acid salts rapidly break down into salicylic acid and whatever the other compound is and it is salicylic acid that is the active ingredient. So, magnesium salicylate breaks down into salicylic acid and magensium and aspirin breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid. If anything, the magnesium salt would have even more benefit given magnesium's role in ATP synthesis. I have not seen anything showing acetic acid having benefits on the skin.

I am having trouble understanding why aspirin or the salts have benefit on the skin? Or is the only benefit here in the time release of aspirin into the blood stream. Can our skin cells metabolise aspirin in salicylic acid and use it locally to a certain degree (or can the cells benefit from the aspirin molecule as it is?)? How do we know the molecule with the magnesium variant can be metabolised as easily by the skin cells. The magnesium seems great for solubility and not undergoing hydrolysis in solution. I don't think regular aspirin in ethanol/water would last, but would degrade into salicylic acid

There seems a lot of anecdotal evidence that aspirin on the skin is good for acne.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am having trouble understanding why aspirin or the salts have benefit on the skin? Or is the only benefit here in the time release of aspirin into the blood stream. Can our skin cells metabolise aspirin in salicylic acid and use it locally to a certain degree (or can the cells benefit from the aspirin molecule as it is?)? How do we know the molecule with the magnesium variant can be metabolised as easily by the skin cells. The magnesium seems great for solubility and not undergoing hydrolysis in solution. I don't think regular aspirin in ethanol/water would last, but would degrade into salicylic acid

There seems a lot of anecdotal evidence that aspirin on the skin is good for acne.

Did you look at the studies in the original thread? The studies with aspirin explain how it helps the skin. Usually opposing PUFA oxidation, improving glucose metabolism and reducing inflammation, histamine, serotonin and NO are among the top reasons given.

Tzheng2012

The main use of aspirin (salicylic acid or any derivative) is as a chemical exfoliator as opposed to physical. Its known as BHA in cosmetics and is usually from 2-4%. its usually to clean out sebum from pores which removes blackheads and the like. It doesnt directly affect acne but with its properties for sebum control it indirectly helps it. I dont think the concentration in solban is high enough to be considered a real chemicsl exfoliator or else people would be getting reactions like dry skin and flaking, but it would act as a really mild exfoliator with additional properties of anti inflammatory etc.

Niacinamide is also very popular in cosmetic ingredients, the minimum being 4% to be actually useful. Its a whitening agent snd helps with pigmentation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals