Simple Body Stretching Reduces Tumor Size By More Than 50%

haidut

Forum Supporter
As many of you know, stretching is known to increase ATP levels in muscle. The effects is the reverse of the one caused by contracting, which breaks down ATP. User @Such_Saturation posted a study about that and Peat has mentioned it many times as well.
Stretch Creates ATP

In the Cardenosine thread, I posted a study showing that ATP infusion virtually eliminated tumors in animals and reversed the cachexia as well as other signs of the debilitating disease including learned helplessness, appetite loss, and even inflammation.
This new study shows that even brief periods of stretching greatly reduces tumor size in mice. While the study claims that thee effects were caused by stretching reversing immune exhaustion (universally seen in cancer), I think its effects on ATP levels are probably the primary mechanism. The most amazing finding was that it took just 10min of stretching daily for 4 weeks to achieve these spectacular effects!
Other great methods of raising ATP include thyroid, methylene blue, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, salt, succinic acid, niacinamide, thiamine, biotin, etc. Basically, substances that Peat mentioned in pretty much every newsletter of his.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-26198-7
https://www.realclearscience.com/qu..._tumor_growth_in_mice_with_breast_cancer.html

"...Sixty-six female mice were injected with tumors then randomized to two groups. Mice in the first group received ten minutes of stretching once a day for four weeks, in which they were "held by the tail and gently lifted, allowing the front paws to grasp a bar" (see figure A below)." Mice in the second group were simply placed on a table for the ten minutes. After four weeks, tumors in the stretched mice were half the size of those in control group mice on average (see figure B above), an impressive result. Examining the tumors and the surrounding cells after the study period, the researchers found signs of reduced inflammation and boosted immune cell activity in the stretched mice."

ddjd

As many of you know, stretching is known to increase ATP levels in muscle. The effects is the reverse of the one caused by contracting, which breaks down ATP. User @Such_Saturation posted a study about that and Peat has mentioned it many times as well.
Stretch Creates ATP

In the Cardenosine thread, I posted a study showing that ATP infusion virtually eliminated tumors in animals and reversed the cachexia as well as other signs of the debilitating disease including learned helplessness, appetite loss, and even inflammation.
This new study shows that even brief periods of stretching greatly reduces tumor size in mice. While the study claims that thee effects were caused by stretching reversing immune exhaustion (universally seen in cancer), I think its effects on ATP levels are probably the primary mechanism. The most amazing finding was that it took just 10min of stretching daily for 4 weeks to achieve these spectacular effects!
Other great methods of raising ATP include thyroid, methylene blue, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, salt, succinic acid, niacinamide, thiamine, biotin, etc. Basically, substances that Peat mentioned in pretty much every newsletter of his.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-26198-7
https://www.realclearscience.com/qu..._tumor_growth_in_mice_with_breast_cancer.html

"...Sixty-six female mice were injected with tumors then randomized to two groups. Mice in the first group received ten minutes of stretching once a day for four weeks, in which they were "held by the tail and gently lifted, allowing the front paws to grasp a bar" (see figure A below)." Mice in the second group were simply placed on a table for the ten minutes. After four weeks, tumors in the stretched mice were half the size of those in control group mice on average (see figure B above), an impressive result. Examining the tumors and the surrounding cells after the study period, the researchers found signs of reduced inflammation and boosted immune cell activity in the stretched mice."

In your most recent chat with Danny roddy I think you said there's also a downside to too much ATP. Can excessive ATP actually be harmful? Maybe you could explain that a little

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
In your most recent chat with Danny roddy I think you said there's also a downside to too much ATP. Can excessive ATP actually be harmful? Maybe you could explain that a little

ATP, when elevated beyond a certain level, can lead to downregulation of the enzyme PDH. But I don't think this is a realistic risk for cancer patients, whose ATP levels are dramatically lower than even a normal individual's after an exhaustive exercise. So, these patients can use an ATP bump by stretching, or as infusion/supplementation.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

YourUniverse

Kartoffel

I am a bit confused. Peat often mentioned that stretching is harmful for muscle cells.

"Walking down the mountain injures the muscles, by stretching them, forcing them to elongate while bearing a load; they call that eccentric contraction.) Old people, who had extensively damaged mitochondrial DNA, were given a program of concentric exercise, and as their muscles adapted to the new activity, their mitochondrial DNA was found to have become normal.”

"When a muscle is stretched while it’s trying to contract (as in running downhill; this is called “eccentric contraction”) it becomes inflamed, and the structural damage is cumulative. By exercising muscle with “concentric contractions,” allowing them to shorten against resistance, the cellular damage can be repaired.” Ray

YourUniverse

Stretching and eccentric loading are different things AFAIK. What peat is describing above, stretching a muscle under load, is eccentric loading and generates tremendous muscle damage

raypeatclips

Fascinating study, thank you for posting @haidut.

I am a bit confused. Peat often mentioned that stretching is harmful for muscle cells.

"Walking down the mountain injures the muscles, by stretching them, forcing them to elongate while bearing a load; they call that eccentric contraction.) Old people, who had extensively damaged mitochondrial DNA, were given a program of concentric exercise, and as their muscles adapted to the new activity, their mitochondrial DNA was found to have become normal.”

"When a muscle is stretched while it’s trying to contract (as in running downhill; this is called “eccentric contraction”) it becomes inflamed, and the structural damage is cumulative. By exercising muscle with “concentric contractions,” allowing them to shorten against resistance, the cellular damage can be repaired.” Ray

Peat has said holding yoga stretches is okay, which is more relevant to the study posted.

meatbag

So its the elongation under a load causing muscle damage that is harmful, not the stretching of the muscle fiber. Some of the more extreme yoga poses might be damaging to the muscle fibers similar to the lowering portion of a loaded barbell squat.
iu

Considering a curl; lifting your arm towards your chest concentric and then lowering the arm back is the eccentric portion. Some eccentricless exercises would be most of the olympic lifts (clean, jerk, snatch) also muscle ups and you can use weighted sleds and attach a handle to pressing,curling, rows, etc-doesn't really make you sore even if you do a lot of work, deadlifts and drop from the top position, same with curls but people will look at you weird. Also those stair climber machines a lot of gyms have now are eccentricless- just like climbing up a mountain. This guy improved his testosterone a lot by mountain climbing;
Guy Lowers His Cortisol To The Lower Limit Of Normal And Doubles His T By Hiking 10hrs A Day
Some bodybuilders do 'eccentric only' training in their workouts because it causes more muscle damage -_-

iu

Growing up I remember I always got the lowest score on the 'sit and reach' test which I guess is really a test of thyroid function kind of like the achille's tendon reflex test :sour:

Last edited:

Mito

ATP, when elevated beyond a certain level, can lead to downregulation of the enzyme PDH.
Do you think it’s possible to down regulate PDH with 40 drops of Cardenosine in a healthy person?

it seems to me there is a lot of hidden stress in the muscles if you don't stretch... i have seen studies showing cortisol is higher when you slouch... i dont see peat talking about it a lot, but i'm starting to think of it as another layer or pillar of health, on top of all of his principles.. i think his use of thyroid masks over the issue because it eliminates the cortisol that is generated from it..

if anyone wants to learn more about this... i highly recommend this book... https://www.amazon.com/Somatics-Reawakening-Control-Movement-Flexibility/dp/0738209570 it goes through stretches you do that elongate the muscles, like a full body stretch on a daily basis that really loosens you up, read the reviews... yoga can't touch this

book describes a lot of muscles in body over time can lose control, where you dont have control over them, then when you are stressed, you are involuntarily flexing your pelvic floor for example, or your back, or your core, the stretches help you gain control back into your favor

Last edited:

x-ray peat

great study. Any thoughts on myofascial release such as using a foam roller? I would think that and/or massages would also help along the same lines as shown in the study.

Owen B

But then what would one say about Bob Cooley's resistance stretching?

As I understand it, it involves stretching and contracting the muscle simultaneously. Your muscles have to have enough strength to stretch. It's very hard to do. I don't have the strength myself. But even for people who are stronger, it often requires the assistance of several other people to complete.

It's one of the few stretching methods I know of that also gets at the connective tissue. That's probably why it's so difficult.

InChristAlone

So its the elongation under a load causing muscle damage that is harmful, not the stretching of the muscle fiber. Some of the more extreme yoga poses might be damaging to the muscle fibers similar to the lowering portion of a loaded barbell squat.
iu

Considering a curl; lifting your arm towards your chest concentric and then lowering the arm back is the eccentric portion. Some eccentricless exercises would be most of the olympic lifts (clean, jerk, snatch) also muscle ups and you can use weighted sleds and attach a handle to pressing,curling, rows, etc-doesn't really make you sore even if you do a lot of work, deadlifts and drop from the top position, same with curls but people will look at you weird. Also those stair climber machines a lot of gyms have now are eccentricless- just like climbing up a mountain. This guy improved his testosterone a lot by mountain climbing;
Guy Lowers His Cortisol To The Lower Limit Of Normal And Doubles His T By Hiking 10hrs A Day
Some bodybuilders do 'eccentric only' training in their workouts because it causes more muscle damage -_-

iu

Growing up I remember I always got the lowest score on the 'sit and reach' test which I guess is really a test of thyroid function kind of like the achille's tendon reflex test :sour:
I was always the best at sit and reach in elementary school because of gymnastics. I also beat a lot of people at pull ups.