Sicker Than Ever, Finding It Hard To Research Effectively

Have you read Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen. Questions about tea and coffee, cancer and other degenerative diseases, and the hormones. by Ray Peat
After all this is the Ray Peat Forum

I read it and it is junk science
Financial Disclosures: None declared.

The point is that caffeine is not all wonderful and with IBS and also wound healing, it is interfering with healing and can cause a vicious circle, if you do not quit taking it. I do not care about any discomfort this gives to chronic caffeine users.

Your eye floaters and tinnitus is caused by Glutamate over-excitation of the auditory nerve connected to the inner ear.
You need to decrease inflammation caused by PGE2 and increase the neurotransmitters dopamine, GABA and serotonin to control the over-excitation of your hearing and visual nerves.

For example:
You want to take B vitamins, Mucuna pruriens seeds extract(L-Dopa), L-Theanine, Griffornia Seed Extract (5-htp), Inositol, GABA, Passion Flower / lemon balm, Valerian Root,

Against inflammation: GLA / evening pimrose oil extract, that will increase prostaglandin E1 to suppress PGE2 and increase your healing.

edit: links
Cochlear Damage Affects Neurotransmitter Chemistry in the Central Auditory System
"...Of the amino acids, glutamate is well established as an excitatory neurotransmitter of auditory nerve fibers (3035), and there is evidence that it is also a neurotransmitter of ascending (35), interneuronal (36), and descending (37, 38) pathways of the auditory system.
"Both glycine and γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) are well established as inhibitory neurotransmitters of the central auditory system, especially in the cochlear nucleus (CN), superior olive, and inferior colliculus (IC) (35, 4355)."

Multiple roles of dihomo-γ-linolenic acid against proliferation diseases

"Considerable arguments remain regarding the diverse biological activities of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). One of the most interesting but controversial dietary approaches focused on the diverse function of dihomo-dietary γ-linolenic acid (DGLA) in anti-inflammation and anti-proliferation diseases, especially for cancers. This strategy is based on the ability of DGLA to interfere in cellular lipid metabolism and eicosanoid (cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase) biosynthesis. Subsequently, DGLA can be further converted by inflammatory cells to 15-(S)-hydroxy-8,11,13-eicosatrienoic acid and prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). This is noteworthy because these compounds possess both anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative properties. PGE1 could also induce growth inhibition and differentiation of cancer cells. Although the mechanism of DGLA has not yet been elucidated, it is significant to anticipate the antitumor potential benefits from DGLA."

"GLA or DGLA supplementation studies conducted in humans and rodents have shown that the synthesis of 1-series prostaglandins, and not the 2-series prostaglandins (PGE2, derived from AA), is selectively elevated [16,17]. Although the increases in the tissue levels of PGE1 after DGLA supplementation are modest relative to PGE2, effects are noteworthy because select biological properties of PGE1 are ~20 times stronger than PGE2 [51]."

Last edited:
OP
Zpol

Zpol

edit:
also Coffee consumption can decrease amounts of circulating B-vitamins,

Thank you for this info and these links! I understand there are benefits with coffee, but just like many natural things, it could have unwanted side effects to some individuals. Me personally, the fact that am physiologically addicted is a bit disconcerting. Other than that, I don't notice any stimulating effects or any effects at all really.

You mentioned protective inhibition and naloxone in your original post so I wanted to discuss that further. I've not used naloxone but I've used LDN (low dose naltrexone) for similar purposes after a period of intense stress and found it quite helpful. I don't want to push anything on you and I think it is a great idea to minimize supplements and meds as much a possible but I did find the TLR4 antagonist properties of LDN pretty amazing. It was just the break my body needed at the time. I'm in my late 40's so I think sometimes the protective inhibition route is quite therapeutic to give the body a chance to recover from repeated, intense or prolonged stress. Anticholinergics might be another area to investigate as part of a protective inhibition approach if your symptoms don't improve.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. I researched LDN about 8 years ago. It seemed too good to be true and never did try it.
I didn't have a source for it or a naturopath to help with dosage etc. I do have an N.D. now who might be able to help me with it. Anticholinergics; I will look into it if all else fails.

For example:
You want to take B vitamins, Mucuna pruriens seeds extract(L-Dopa), L-Theanine, Griffornia Seed Extract (5-htp), Inositol, GABA, Passion Flower / lemon balm, Valerian Root,

I have used Inositol with minor success in the past, particularly with digestion. L-Theanine is another that I've been thinking about, to use in replacement of Zyrtec. I'm going to have try liver again for the other B-vit's. I'm just not sure the supplemental ones aren't causing side effects. Thank you for the suggestions; i will investigate further.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Wow. So I emailed RP yesterday, he answered back already!! I haven't full absorbed it all yet but...
- I will have get my PTH checked for sure.
- He's right about calcium phosphate ratio... got to get on that ASAP.
- I had been avoiding mushrooms since they give me serious bloating and gas, but I found this resource: FODMAP Guide to Mushrooms . I'll try some of the Oyster mushrooms first.
- I did recently up my Vit D, but this was right before the onset of my latest health crisis, so cut back again thinking it was causing harm, possibly because too much supplemental Vit. D can increase need for more Magnesium which I have an ongoing problem getting enough of (despite supps, greens, etc.).
- He's mentioned Ultraviolet light... umm not sure what to think about this. I guess there's some way to use this safely. I'll have to research that for sure.

"
Has your parathyroid hormone ever been measured? Your calcium to phosphate ratio seems very low. Do you salt your food? Occasional liver is a safer way to get B vitamins. Much larger vitamin D supplements might help, or using an ultraviolet light. Have you tried cooked mushrooms as a fibrous food?

Reumatol Clin. 2012 Sep-Oct;8(5):299-301.
Hyperparathyroidism, a forgotten cause of musculoskeletal pain.
Borgia AR, Cavallasca JA, Costa CA, Musuruana JL.

Rev Bras Reumatol Engl Ed. 2016 Sep - Oct;56(5):391-397.
High frequency of asymptomatic hyperparathyroidism in patients with fibromyalgia:
random association or misdiagnosis?
[Article in English, Portuguese]
Costa JM(1), Ranzolin A(2), da Costa Neto CA(3), Marques CD(2), Duarte AL(2).
(1)Pós-Graduação em Ciências da Saúde, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE),
Recife, PE, Brazil. Electronic address: [email protected].
(2)Departamento de Reumatologia, Hospital das Clínicas, Universidade Federal de
Pernambuco (UFPE), Recife, PE, Brazil.
(3)Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Recife, PE,
Brazil.
Fibromyalgia (FM) and hyperparathyroidism may present similar symptoms
(musculoskeletal pain, cognitive disorders, insomnia, depression and anxiety),
causing diagnostic confusion.OBJECTIVES: To determine the frequency of
asymptomatic hyperparathyroidism in a sample of patients with FM and to evaluate
the association of laboratory abnormalities to clinical symptoms.
METHODS: Cross-sectional study with 100 women with FM and 57 healthy women
(comparison group). Parathyroid hormone (PTH), calcium and albumin levels were
accessed, as well as symptoms in the FM group.
RESULTS: In FM group, mean serum calcium (9.6±0.98mg/dL) and PTH
(57.06±68.98pg/mL) values were considered normal, although PTH levels had been
significantly higher than in the comparison group (37.12±19.02pg/mL; p=0.001).
Hypercalcemic hyperparathyroidism was diagnosed in 6% of patients with FM, and
17% of these women exhibited only high levels of PTH, featuring a normocalcemic
hyperparathyroidism, with higher frequencies than those expected for their age.
There was no significant association between hyperparathyroidism and FM symptoms,
except for epigastric pain, which was more frequent in the group of patients
concomitantly with both diseases (p=0.012).
CONCLUSIONS: A high frequency of hyperparathyroidism was noted in women with FM
versus the general population. Normocalcemic hyperparathyroidism was also more
frequent in patients with FM. Longitudinal studies with greater number of
patients are needed to assess whether this is an association by chance only, if
the increased serum levels of PTH are part of FM pathophysiology, or even if
these would not be cases of FM, but of hyperparathyroidism.
Copyright © 2016. Published by Elsevier Editora Ltda."​

Peatful

Wow. So I emailed RP yesterday, he answered back already!! I haven't full absorbed it all yet but...
- I had been avoiding mushrooms since they give me serious bloating and gas, but I found this resource: FODMAP Guide to Mushrooms . I'll try some of the Oyster mushrooms first.
- I did recently up my Vit D, but this was right before the onset of my latest health crisis, so cut back again thinking it was causing harm, possibly because too much supplemental Vit. D can increase need for more Magnesium which I have an ongoing problem getting enough of (despite supps, greens, etc.).
- He's mentioned Ultraviolet light... umm not sure what to think about this. I guess there's some way to use this safely. I'll have to research that for sure.

"
Has your parathyroid hormone ever been measured? Your calcium to phosphate ratio seems very low. Do you salt your food? Occasional liver is a safer way to get B vitamins. Much larger vitamin D supplements might help, or using an ultraviolet light. Have you tried cooked mushrooms as a fibrous food?

High frequency of asymptomatic hyperparathyroidism in patients with fibromyalgia:
(1)Pós-Graduação em Ciências da Saúde, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE),
(3)Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Recife, PE,
Brazil.
asymptomatic hyperparathyroidism in a sample of patients with FM and to evaluate
There was no significant association between hyperparathyroidism and FM symptoms,
This is great @Zpol
Thx for letting us know.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter

"

Brazil.
I agree with @Peatful. I hope this information will help you.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Your Value (Standard Range)
PROCALCITONIN - <0.02 ng/mL (<0.05 ng/mL)
PTH, INTACT - 24.0 pg/mL (15.0 - 65.0 pg/mL) Parathyroid is in 'standard range' so I think that's good at least.
CALCIUM,IONIZED - 1.29 mmol/L (1.15 - 1.35 mmol/L)
25 HYDROXY VITAMIN D - 34.5 ng/mL (30.0 - 100.0 ng/mL)
C REACTIVE PROTEIN - <5.0 mg/L (<10.0 mg/L)
T4 THYROXINE, FREE - 1.2 ng/dL (0.7 - 1.9 ng/dL)

upload_2018-5-14_19-45-2.png

TSH was 0.2 three months ago, now it's 4.58?? I haven't switched my meds at all.

upload_2018-5-14_19-36-50.png

Blood Calcium jumped almost one whole mg/dL in 7 months?!?

upload_2018-5-14_19-39-43.png

Something has gone haywire in the last year, that's for sure.

My physician has prescribed massage therapy for my stiff neck and shoulders, she said there is Cervical (neck) region somatic dysfunction and a trigger point on my neck.

I read this from @haidut on a different thread...
"Typically, if calcium is high it is expected that PTH would be low since there is a negative feedback loop. Initially, in cases of low calcium intake or insifuccient absorption, PTH rises to stiulate conversion of vitamin D3 into the active form calcitriol in order to increase calcium absorption from intestine. In addition, elevated PTH will stimulate bone breakdown to provide calcium if intestinal calcium absorption low. Once serum calcium is elevated to certain levels this signals for PTH to drop since there is no more need to stimulate calcium absorption. This completes the feedback loop. In primary hyperparathyroidism, a dysfunction in the parathyroid (like an adenoma) prevents the PTH levels from going down once calcium is elevated. In your case PTH went down, so it is unlikely that it is parathyroid dysfunction. I am not a doctor, so this should really be discussed with your doctor and you can bring up the points that I made. There are additional tests that could show why calcium is high and only the doctor would know which of the several dozens would be appropriate for your case. Of course, it could just all be dehydration for all we know."
... it's something to consider at least. Perhaps my high blood calcium really is just some other thing and my parathyroid is working just as it should.

Still awaiting blood tests including a Liver Panel, Serum Zinc, Copper assay, and Serum Ceruloplasmin.
I will have to get Serum iron, ferritan, and TIBC from my naturopath before I can work with Dr. Smith for hair mineral analysis.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Your Value (Standard Range)
PROCALCITONIN - <0.02 ng/mL (<0.05 ng/mL)
PTH, INTACT - 24.0 pg/mL (15.0 - 65.0 pg/mL) Parathyroid is in 'standard range' so I think that's good at least.
CALCIUM,IONIZED - 1.29 mmol/L (1.15 - 1.35 mmol/L)
25 HYDROXY VITAMIN D - 34.5 ng/mL (30.0 - 100.0 ng/mL)
C REACTIVE PROTEIN - <5.0 mg/L (<10.0 mg/L)
T4 THYROXINE, FREE - 1.2 ng/dL (0.7 - 1.9 ng/dL)

View attachment 9236

TSH was 0.2 three months ago, now it's 4.58?? I haven't switched my meds at all.

View attachment 9233

Blood Calcium jumped almost one whole mg/dL in 7 months?!?

View attachment 9234

Something has gone haywire in the last year, that's for sure.

My physician has prescribed massage therapy for my stiff neck and shoulders, she said there is Cervical (neck) region somatic dysfunction and a trigger point on my neck.

I read this from @haidut on a different thread...
"Typically, if calcium is high it is expected that PTH would be low since there is a negative feedback loop. Initially, in cases of low calcium intake or insifuccient absorption, PTH rises to stiulate conversion of vitamin D3 into the active form calcitriol in order to increase calcium absorption from intestine. In addition, elevated PTH will stimulate bone breakdown to provide calcium if intestinal calcium absorption low. Once serum calcium is elevated to certain levels this signals for PTH to drop since there is no more need to stimulate calcium absorption. This completes the feedback loop. In primary hyperparathyroidism, a dysfunction in the parathyroid (like an adenoma) prevents the PTH levels from going down once calcium is elevated. In your case PTH went down, so it is unlikely that it is parathyroid dysfunction. I am not a doctor, so this should really be discussed with your doctor and you can bring up the points that I made. There are additional tests that could show why calcium is high and only the doctor would know which of the several dozens would be appropriate for your case. Of course, it could just all be dehydration for all we know."
... it's something to consider at least. Perhaps my high blood calcium really is just some other thing and my parathyroid is working just as it should.

Still awaiting blood tests including a Liver Panel, Serum Zinc, Copper assay, and Serum Ceruloplasmin.
I will have to get Serum iron, ferritan, and TIBC from my naturopath before I can work with Dr. Smith for hair mineral analysis.

Your blood glucose was in the "diabetic" range a year ago and it is now normal (even though ideally it should be below 90 in the morning). So, in that respect you have improved a lot. Are you using niacinamide or aspirin? Has your doctor suggested anything in regards to the high blood glucose last year?

Hello Zpol...sorry for the delay in responding, I don't spend much time on the forum anymore.

My heart aches reading your post. I have struggled in the past with many of the symptoms that you describe and I'm quite certain that if my TSH were 4.58 I'd also be "Sicker Than Ever, Finding It Hard To Research Effectively". Actually, I feel like I'm dying at anything over 3, so I keep my TSH quite low.

One thing that helped me was finding a doc who took me OFF all T4 meds and only prescribes T3 for me. He's unconcerned with lab markers and is far more interested in how I feel.

It's become apparent as I've aged that taking T4 no longer works for me at all, it's actually quite metabolically suppressive. I'll be 52 soon, so perhaps this doesn't apply to you, but keep it in mind as you go forward.

I'm in agreement with the others here on radically reducing or getting off sooooo many supplements (but NOT vitamin D, that one you need to keep!)

I'm reluctant to add one more thing to your regiment, but
I've read great things about LDN, peeps say it's practically miraculous, I don't have any personal experience with it. I hear it's an immune modulator, helps with food intolerances and autoimmune stuff like psoriasis, Hashimoto's and Celiac etc.

It sounds to me like you're running on stress hormones, losing a lot of muscle mass is a big sign. Are you eating enough calories?

I had a hair test done once, many many years ago. I don't put much faith in those.

Have you had a full lipid panel done? Cholesterol? Reverse T3?

Do you feel better when you spend time away from the internet?

I hope you feel better soon!

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Your blood glucose was in the "diabetic" range a year ago and it is now normal (even though ideally it should be below 90 in the morning). So, in that respect you have improved a lot. Are you using niacinamide or aspirin? Has your doctor suggested anything in regards to the high blood glucose last year?

Yes, my blood glucose was high. No, my doctor hasn't even mentioned it. I think it's because I hadn't been fasting during those blood draws. I have PCOS and have to watch for signs of insulin resistance. I get my fasting glucose and A1C checked every year, sometimes twice, and I've been able to get that in good range (it was much worse back when I was vegan!). I have not been using Niacinamide or aspirin. I've been worried about adding in more supplements. I have had high homocysteine in the past and I've read that Niacinamide can increase it even more if you have methylation issues which I do. But also that when taking it simultaneous with aspirin, homocysteine actually normalizes. Maybe I should try it. Thank you for chiming in @haidut . I'm researching and learning as much as I can but it's not enough, I still have many questions, so any help is much appreciated.

I got the rest of my blood work results back (which I've posted below). This what my doctor said (this is my physician BTW, not my N.D.)...
"No issues with calcium
No parathyroid problem
CRP normal
Thyroid fine
She has high oxidative stress and copper to zinc elevated ratio
Return o discuss
Would be helpful to be off antihistamines for 2 wks and get fasting homocysteine level and whole blood histamine prior to discussion"

I take Zyrtec daily for severe allergies to dust, mold, pollen, and ragweed so I don't know if I'll be able to do the tests she recommends. I am going to ask if she will do Prolactin, serum iron, ferritin, TCIB.

more lab results...
Ceruloplasmin, S - 29.6 mg/dL ( standard range 20.0 - 51.0 mg/dL)
COPPER,SERUM - 1.28 mcg/mL (standard range0.75 - 1.45 mcg/mL)
ZINC,S - 0.97 mcg/mL (standard range0.66 - 1.10 mcg/mL)

upload_2018-5-18_10-17-21.png

upload_2018-5-18_10-15-41.png

ALK PHOSPHATASE is way low!!!

I'm reluctant to add one more thing to your regiment, but I've read great things about LDN, peeps say it's practically miraculous, I don't have any personal experience with it. I hear it's an immune modulator, helps with food intolerances and autoimmune stuff like psoriasis, Hashimoto's and Celiac etc.
Thanks, I've been researching this lately... lots of promising stuff when used short term that is.

It sounds to me like you're running on stress hormones, losing a lot of muscle mass is a big sign. Are you eating enough calories?
I must be. I'm eat tonnes, gaining weight now, I'm going to start getting out in the mornings and doing yard work, that could help.

I had a hair test done once, many many years ago. I don't put much faith in those.
thanks for this. I listened to Dr. Garrett Smith, he says that although he uses hair tests, blood serum tests will work to as long as you know which ones to get.

Have you had a full lipid panel done? Cholesterol? Reverse T3?
My Reverse T3 is 5.5 which is high, indicating high cortisol I imagine. Haven't had the lipid panel done this week but I get it done every year and my cholesterol is right around 220 usually.

Do you feel better when you spend time away from the internet?

I hope you feel better soon!
Being away from computers etc. doesn't really seem to make a difference. That said, I'm hoping to get up north for a nice vacation away from technology this summer, maybe an extended time will be more noticeably helpful. But I will have to keep my phone for emergencies and to identify ticks and bug bites! ..gotta love the great outdoors.
Thanks Regina!!

OP
Zpol

Zpol

...I meant to say thank you @thebigpeatowski for your recent reply! I've been looking through my thyroid labs over the years and one thing that is so weird is that, even when my Rx and diet/lifestyle were the same my lab results fluctuate wildly. There is something environmental or some other deficiency or ailment that's affecting it I guess. I was reading through your other thread ("Best of times...") and I from what I gather you modify your doses of T3 on the weather (winter vs summer at least), your own biometrics, etc.
I need to do another round of temp and pulse rate journaling to figure this out.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

My gut usually tells me it's happiest when I eat potatoes, a bit of meat and various veges. I eat lots of other things too, but I eat meals like this often.

The most recent things I can think of I've been doing that I think have been helpful when I manage them are:
- the more rigorously I avoid dairy and wheat the better.
- more starchy foods, less sugary ones.
- still eating quite a bit of sweet food, but much less pure refined sucrose. Enjoying fresh fruit (pineapples lately) and dried.
- more leafy greens, mostly cooked kale, but also other cooked and raw greens - increased to at least 2x a day, often 3x. Drink the broth as well as eat the leaves.
- more veges all round, of all kinds
- less OJ (commercial).
- regularly supplement Ca, Mg, Zn. Skipping these can be trouble within a day or two.
- try to avoid eating too much late at night.
- sleeping enough and on a regular schedule helps, but I struggle to make this happen all the time.
- I'm taking prescription medicine against migraines ATM - helping somewhat, with less difficult side-effects than any others I've been prescribed before.

Specific exercises can often (but not always) help with sore necks.

I've been implementing several of the same things. I got a fabulous massage yesterday (my doctor actually prescribed it!). She did deep tissue, lymph, and cranial. My headache did get considerably worse later that evening, so I ate some food and took a nap and the headache was entirely gone! It was crazy, I was sure it was the start of 2 or 3 day long migraine, and just poof, gone. I wonder if was some result of the lymph massage getting rid of some junk.
Anyway, my doctor has responded to me with her recommendations after getting all my lab work back, she says "She has high oxidative stress and copper to zinc elevated ratio", also I have very low ALK PHOSPHATASE. I believe I'm going to have to add in a Zinc supplement.

@tara can you recommend a zinc supplement? I see you take one regularly. And at what dosage?

I did find an eggshell calcium supp. that is working well. Ca-Mg-D
And I'm going start taking more magnesium bicarb water plus Mg glycinate with meals. I am having serious troubles finding a Mg supplement that absorbs well and sticks with me. I have been taking 333mg of MagnOil 2x per day also.

tara

@tara can you recommend a zinc supplement? I see you take one regularly. And at what dosage?
I can tell you what I'm taking, but I don't necessarily recommend this form. I take ~20mg zinc as picolinate ~twice a week. I think there is a thread about forms of zinc, and there may have been reservations about the picolinate - I just happen to have this at home in powder form without any unwanted excipients. I believe I am getting something out of it because taking it once a week seemed to be what resolved and then prevented a crazy-making skin rash I was struggling with a couple of years ago. A few months ago I got a casual zinc test that suggested mild deficiency, so I doubled it to twice a week.
Dose could be quite individual.
Peat has recommended oysters - they seem to be the richest food source of zinc. I'd eat them regularly if I could afford them and get them (fresh etc).
I think Peat may also have suggested for people with zinc deficiency supplementing something like 10mg/day for a week or two. I prefer not to take it daily long term in case it reacts with other things.

tara

Hi Zpol, I just saw Ella's posts to you after sending my own. I'd follow Ella rather than me when it comes to minerals and nutrition - she is much more knowledgable than I am.

Last edited:
OP
Zpol

Zpol

So much for getting off supplements. I went off them all except magnesium , my thyroid meds, and estroban. And now my physician has me on Rx glutathione, progesterone (as a V suppository), some form of B12 and possibly SAMe after I get the methylation panel, plus, all these...
1528564489590522974483.jpg

Oh and aloe latex, and Atrantil. Also, she wants me to eat more salt, specifically iodized salt.
She does not think eating liver will be effective for nutrients because, although it has a great nutrient profile, the villi in my guts are so atrophied they will not absorb enough.

Last edited:
OP
Zpol

Zpol

I have messaged my doc back explaining that I don't want to take all these supp's and there's dangers associated with taking them. Including B12 increasing risk of cancer, antioxidants turning to pro-oxidants in supp form, vitamin c being allergenic, and SAMe causing too many methyl donors. She said that these supp's, particularly the zinc, could help to heal the villi and gut mucosa and which point I would start to be able to absorb enough nutrition from foods and get off them. She also said it's imparative to eat organic which I already do. Regarding the antioxidants, she said they only turn pro-oxidant if taking too much, and taking only enough to cure deficiency will not. And she said to take Ester C for vitamin C as it is most well tolerated without side effects. I did completely refuse to take the Omega 3/ DHA, I told her I eat fish at least 2x per week ( I didn't tell her I only eat low fat white fish!).

I am also taking Ella's advise and eating fresh as possible. The bioengineered food garden is not yet open for business but I have a friend who works there so I'll start getting all that good stuff soon hopefully.

Will find out more when I get the Doctor's Data methylation panel.

Barliman

Tinnitus, migraines, vertigo, constpation, fatigue, allergies, neck and shoulder pain are all symptoms of Hypothyroidism. What thyroid product are you taking? How long have you been taking it? Are you taking just the t4/t3? I was taking 1/4 of Novotiral (5:1 ratio) nightly and started having aches (arm, leg, hand). After a few days I realized my dose might have too much t4. I now skip some nights and also nibble some t3 a few times per day. I haven’t had the achiness since.

Actually they are all symptoms of an anatomical derangement in the neck, probably at the junction of the skull and the cervical spine.

However, thyroid deficiency will cause an issue with energy production, which will naturally tend to show up in the muscles under high load- which includes the upper cervical spine in this computer using sedentary society of ours.

burtlancast

Reading through this thread, and realizing that the hidden causes - EMF, heavy metals, pesticides, viruses- have apparently all been eliminated as possible triggers, you might want to try, for lack of better options, 2 weeks on the Gerson therapy.

Juicing, coffee enemas for first-class detox, some supplements, vegetarian bio diet.
You have nothing to lose.

People feel incredible on it.

"Gerson made me UNBELIEVABLY healthy" (04.00 in the video)

Last edited:
OP
Zpol

Zpol

anatomical derangement
yikes!!!

However, thyroid deficiency will cause an issue with energy production, which will naturally tend to show up in the muscles under high load- which includes the upper cervical spine in this computer using sedentary society of ours.
My thyroid function did recently just take a huge nose dive. I wasn't sure if it was a cause or effect of all the other issues. Maybe it's both.

Reading through this thread, and realizing that the hidden causes - EMF, heavy metals, pesticides, viruses- have apparently all been eliminated as possible triggers, you might want to try, for lack of better options, 2 weeks on the Gerson therapy.
It's hard to know when I've effectively gotten rid of all these triggers. I know I've got an overload of copper which I'm treating per a treatment protocol from my doctor, I've quit using food from aluminium, cans, cookware, etc. (I had evidence it was building up in my tissues), I only eat organic, however there's glyphosate everywhere now days. And, we are currently renovating our basement to eliminate mold. The mold thing is a big problem. Lucky me I end up in a house with mold in the crawl space and we ripped out all the paneling just to check there too. We've hired environmental scientists to come test for the mold, then we've hired specialists to clean and apply a vapor barrier, we are getting a new state-of-art radon ventilation system installed, we are digging swailes around the house to keep the water away, and I'm using a air purifier non-stop in the meantime. I'll probably get some sort of EMF detector after all this is done to find hot spots.
Oh, and I am taking a trip up North to get a break from it all.
This is the best I can do. I mean there's literally toxic ***t everywhere; at this point, I don't know if I'll ever be able to avoid it completely. Once the basement is done and I've taken all measures to reduce EMF's, and once I've cured all the vitamin mineral deficiencies, I'll reassess, and then think about Gerson therapy. Thank you for this recommendation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals