Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

olive

Why has no one tried the ideas put forward by Travis? Focused on reducing prolactin, cortisol and inhibiting prostaglandin formation. A protocol could look like this:

Spend time in sun
Avoid Linoleic Acid (forms prostaglandins)
Avoid cows dairy (increases prolactin)
Apply enoxolone to scalp (lowers cortisol)
Consume taurine (lowers cortisol)
Consume wedelolactone (anti-mineralcortoid)
Consume oleuropein (prostaglandin inhibitor)
Consume γ-gamma tocopherol (prostaglandin inhibitor)
Consume l-threonine (dkk-1 inhibitor, increases methylglyoxal an arginine/polyamine inhibitor)
Consume lapchone (glyoxalase l inhibitor which stops methylglyoxal created by l-threonine being destroyed and turned into lactic acid)
Consume selenomethionine (methionine inhibitor, polyamine inhibitor)
Consume glycine (methionine inhibitor)

His also put forward the idea of topically applying cyclosporine-a in a olive oil solution to the scalp, a drug that produces hair growth as a side effect in 90+% of patients.

Personally I’m trying the above sans enoxolone and cyclosporine and achieving dark vellus hairs regrowing in previously slick bald temples. Hair loss has also slowed down considerably, I’d estimate I’m losing 70% less hairs since starting this protocol two weeks ago.
This is after years of trial and error with minoxidil, peppermint oil, nizoral and finasteride.

Progesterone

Why has no one tried the ideas put forward by Travis? Focused on reducing prolactin, cortisol and inhibiting prostaglandin formation. A protocol could look like this:

Spend time in sun
Consume l-threonine (dkk-1 inhibitor, increases methylglyoxal an arginine/polyamine inhibitor)
Consume lapchone (glyoxalase l inhibitor which stops methylglyoxal created by l-threonine being destroyed and turned into lactic acid)

His also put forward the idea of topically applying cyclosporine-a in a olive oil solution to the scalp, a drug that produces hair growth as a side effect in 90+% of patients.

Thanks for this.... just as I have added Milk (3.8% mf organic) into my diet. lol

Interesting.

Scenes

Spend time in sun

Personally I’m trying the above sans enoxolone and cyclosporine and achieving dark vellus hairs regrowing in previously slick bald temples. Hair loss has also slowed down considerably, I’d estimate I’m losing 70% less hairs since starting this protocol two weeks ago.
This is after years of trial and error with minoxidil, peppermint oil, nizoral and finasteride.

Why not just aspirin for inhibiting prostaglandin formation?

‘Peating’ should already be reducing prolactin and cortisol - just about every supp recommended on this forum is aimed at reducing estrogen/prolactin/cortisol.

My reading of Travis pretty much led to thinking cyclosporine was the answer, but was impossible to get and apply topically.

olive

Why not just aspirin for inhibiting prostaglandin formation?

‘Peating’ should already be reducing prolactin and cortisol - just about every supp recommended on this forum is aimed at reducing estrogen/prolactin/cortisol.

My reading of Travis pretty much led to thinking cyclosporine was the answer, but was impossible to get and apply topically.
Yes, that’s why I neglected to mention common ‘peat strategies’ that most forum members are likely already doing regardless of hair concerns.

I believe he avoided aspirin because it’s effects on the urea cycle. Besides once you eliminate Linoleic Acid, the only precursor for 2 series prostaglandins, there’s no need for aspirin as mead acid will create safer 3 series prostaglandins.

Cyclosporine does seem difficult to acquire but I’m sure it’s possible. As far as applying I believe it would work quite well in an oil based transdermal, olive oil seems the best according to Travis for penetrating the dermis.

Scenes

Yep - he said you’d STOP hairloss completely by strictly eliminating all the omega 6 fats.

Regrowth by cyclosporine topically.

Less effective methods would be anti-mineralcorticoids like you mentioned and anti-fungals (to prevent yeast from producing its own omega 6).

Explains why nizoral (anti-fungal shampoo) has worked to a degree for some people.

Doesn’t explain at all though why some people find omega 6 oils like borage or primrose to help...

Iodine topically might also be helpful to locally saturate those unsaturated fats, as well as being anti-fungal.

Interested to see how you go with this protocol, glad you’re having some success early in.

Mossy

The consensus seems to be that Swiss Temples didn't get the results people were expecting, because he disappeared into the underground and never posted update photos even on the private forum. So either that or he's being a little b**** boy, but then who has replicated his results? No one that I'm aware of.
That does seem to be the case, that he didn’t get the results he wanted—at least ultimately. It’s hard not to be impressed with the results he did get. He did look like he was on the right path and accomplishing what most have not.

Mossy

Spend time in sun

I did come up with a plan, based on Travis’ advice, but had adverse reactions to some of the supplements, so had to stop. I do think Travis’ advice is worth following and may try it again as health allows.

Scenes

If Travis were right, and linoleic acid converting in to prostaglandins is the issue, shouldn’t fruitarians all have full heads of hair?

olive

If Travis were right, and linoleic acid converting in to prostaglandins is the issue, shouldn’t fruitarians all have full heads of hair?
That’s a good question.

Perhaps excess potassium? Potassium converts progesterone to cortisol. High cortisol, low progesterone > high estrogen?
Perhaps nutrient defiency?
Insufficient protein?
I’m not sure, just throwing ideas.

Scenes

That’s a good question.

Perhaps excess potassium? Potassium converts progesterone to cortisol. High cortisol, low progesterone > high estrogen?
Perhaps nutrient defiency?
Insufficient protein?
I’m not sure, just throwing ideas.

According to him, as I understand it, the only other mechanism for hair loss would be yeast in the body converting into omega 6 and prostaglandins in the body.

So taking/using antifungals solves that. Do that and limit omega 6 foods and you’re golden.

I don’t think it matches up...

How’s your progress anyway?

olive

According to him, as I understand it, the only other mechanism for hair loss would be yeast in the body converting into omega 6 and prostaglandins in the body.

So taking/using antifungals solves that. Do that and limit omega 6 foods and you’re golden.

I don’t think it matches up...

How’s your progress anyway?
Hair loss is fluctuating day by day but is less than before the protocol. I’m struggling to keep omega-6 under 1g/day, the bulk coming from olive oil, goats cheese and cocoa. I’ve ordered orlistat to help inhibit fats during meals containing olive oil or cheese and will be limiting cocoa from here out.

Hairline continues to sprout more vellus hairs but they’re sparse and thin.

I’ll continue the protocol and update if I get any substantial growth.

I’d like to try topical enoxolone (liquorice extract) but I’m a little hesitant as I don’t believe my hair loss is caused by high cortisol. I’m taking hormone replacement therapy (nandrolone 500mg/week) which powerfully lowers cortisol levels AFAIK.

Scenes

Hair loss is fluctuating day by day but is less than before the protocol. I’m struggling to keep omega-6 under 1g/day, the bulk coming from olive oil, goats cheese and cocoa. I’ve ordered orlistat to help inhibit fats during meals containing olive oil or cheese and will be limiting cocoa from here out.

Hairline continues to sprout more vellus hairs but they’re sparse and thin.

I’ll continue the protocol and update if I get any substantial growth.

I’d like to try topical enoxolone (liquorice extract) but I’m a little hesitant as I don’t believe my hair loss is caused by high cortisol. I’m taking hormone replacement therapy (nandrolone 500mg/week) which powerfully lowers cortisol levels AFAIK.

Have you followed Taeian’s protocol? He advocates cycling high dose nandrolone, eating no grains/dairy, and using topical omega 6 oils on scalp lol. Pretty distant from what Travis recommends.

olive

Have you followed Taeian’s protocol? He advocates cycling high dose nandrolone, eating no grains/dairy, and using topical omega 6 oils on scalp lol. Pretty distant from what Travis recommends.
I follow his Facebook page and though he has some good ideas I don’t agree with most.

I believe Taeian has good intentions but is too focused on neglible benefits of PUFA and attributes all its negative effects solely to seed oils. Biases will exists everywhere, it’s up to you to consolidate data and make decisions from that.

No gains/dairy is very Travis though.

olive

Can you provide literature that supports this please
“High-potassium media (which stimulates aldosterone secretion in vitro) also stimulate cortisol secretion from the fasciculata zone of canine adrenals[60][61] — unlike corticosterone, upon which potassium has no effect.[62]

Potassium loading also increases ACTH and cortisol in humans.[63] This is probably the reason why potassium deficiency causes cortisol to decline (as mentioned) and causes a decrease in conversion of 11-deoxycortisol to cortisol.[64] This may also have a role in rheumatoid-arthritis pain; cell potassium is always low in RA.[65]

From Wikipedia: Cortisol - Wikipedia

Progesterone

So, I'm back on Progesterone, for hair loss.

Who else is using it or this purpose?

I was using biestro-care cream for 2 weeks, on hairline only, and it did not work out well.. I was using 2 pumps per day. so 2mg estiol and 0.50mg estradiol total per day.

Back on prog, using it topically, but also using the progesterone cream (biovea) on balls. Will likely just do 20mg there nightly, and use prog oil on scalp hair directly.

Will also use castor oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil.

Who else is using Prog and can report on any benefits/negatives while using it for hair?

Progesterone

Is dairy generally thought of as bad for hair? Why is that exactly?

Progesterone

Sorry for the bad news but i dropped it i started getting estrogen sides. I know its not peaty but i got on propecia been on for 6 days and i shed like 10 hairs a day. Libido is super strong weirdly enough no estrogen sides. Very happy. I put it off wayyy too long. Dht honestly doesnt seem to be that great of a hormone after puberty. It burns brown fat thats useful and seems to age skin.

Update?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals