Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Mossy

Ona's prog oil is... 50mg of progesterone, per drop! so 2 drops needed to get 100mg.

and the bottle is DOUBLE the size of health natura's bottle.

With health natura you need 33 drops to get 100mg.

They are the same price, and Ona's prog = free shipping.

Sorry HealthNatura... gonna try Ona's prog when my current batch runs out.
This seems like a good deal. To compare, I looked at the specs for Progest-e, and that seems to have the same total prog. per bottle, but no pufa, because no sunflower oil. Any experience or thoughts with this brand?

Mossy

This seems like a good deal. To compare, I looked at the specs for Progest-e, and that seems to have the same total prog. per bottle, but no pufa, because no sunflower oil. Any experience or thoughts with this brand?
Ona’s 10% cream looks like it would have reduced or no pufa, as it uses coconut oil, and no sunflower oil (it seems).

P.S. I just realized that you couldn’t take the cream internally, which I assume you want to continue with.

Last edited:

Progesterone

If we do the math, there is simply no comparison, in terms of value.

Progest-e is 3mg per drop, the bottle is 1.15oz, and has a total of 2800mg (2.8grams) of prog per bottle.

Ona's prog oil is 50mg per drop, the bottle is 2oz, and has a total of 10,000mg (10grams) of prog per bottle.

I think Progest-e vit e is derived from sunflower or something too... health natura also was, but they just switched to another source. Problem is, it's damn expensive.

I don't think it's a deal breaker, personally.

I have used progest-e back in the day, it was the first prog I've tried. It's extremely thick (I imagine Ona's is too) and messy.

Doesn't really matter if you're inputting it into capsules like I do.

Value wise, Ona's prog is hard to beat.

Progesterone

Ona’s 10% cream looks like it would have reduced or no pufa, as it uses coconut oil, and no sunflower oil (it seems).

P.S. I just realized that you couldn’t take the cream internally, which I assume you want to continue with.

I am only interested in using prog orally (oil in capsules swallowed).

Mossy

If we do the math, there is simply no comparison, in terms of value.

Progest-e is 3mg per drop, the bottle is 1.15oz, and has a total of 2800mg (2.8grams) of prog per bottle.

Ona's prog oil is 50mg per drop, the bottle is 2oz, and has a total of 10,000mg (10grams) of prog per bottle.

I think Progest-e vit e is derived from sunflower or something too... health natura also was, but they just switched to another source. Problem is, it's damn expensive.

I don't think it's a deal breaker, personally.

I have used progest-e back in the day, it was the first prog I've tried. It's extremely thick (I imagine Ona's is too) and messy.

Doesn't really matter if you're inputting it into capsules like I do.

Value wise, Ona's prog is hard to beat.
I must be missing the obvious, but I thought the Ona brand was 2800 as well, per the 3rd bullet point under Contents on the product detail page: “The bottle contains 2840 mg Progesterone ”.

Progesterone

I must be missing the obvious, but I thought the Ona brand was 2800 as well, per the 3rd bullet point under Contents on the product detail page: “The bottle contains 2840 mg Progesterone ”.

Yes. I emailed her about this as well to clarify.. also lists 1ml as 100mg prog... 2 drops is not close to 1ml. lol.

The Contents section is a mistake.

This part is accurate, and it is 50mg per drop:

• Dissolved in natural Vitamin E. 10 grams progesterone dissolved into 90 grams pure, natural Vitamin E derived from sunflower oil.

Mossy

Yes. I emailed her about this as well to clarify.. also lists 1ml as 100mg prog... 2 drops is not close to 1ml. lol.

The Contents section is a mistake.

This part is accurate, and it is 50mg per drop:

• Dissolved in natural Vitamin E. 10 grams progesterone dissolved into 90 grams pure, natural Vitamin E derived from sunflower oil.
Ok, thanks for looking into that. That would then be a large supply for the money.

Progesterone

Ok, thanks for looking into that. That would then be a large supply for the money.

Absolutely.

Once my current supply runs out, I am going with this.

BTW, for anyone still following..

My hairline is still recovering nicely, and surely. I am going to take before/after pics soon.

My before pics were looking bad, and I was genuinely getting scared.. but it was past that point because of how bad it got, was getting depressed because that hairline spot was evaporating so quickly.

Progesterone to the rescue.

Mossy

Absolutely.

My hairline is still recovering nicely, and surely. I am going to take before/after pics soon.

My before pics were looking bad, and I was genuinely getting scared.. but it was past that point because of how bad it got, was getting depressed because that hairline spot was evaporating so quickly.

I think it’s good news you aren’t having any negative side effects. That is the biggest concern for me. Some time back, I’ve taken a couple small topical doses of prog. and I just remember getting moody. I would imagine a 100mg dose would turn me into a different person. But, your experience is encouraging me.

Progesterone

I think it’s good news you aren’t having any negative side effects. That is the biggest concern for me. Some time back, I’ve taken a couple small topical doses of prog. and I just remember getting moody. I would imagine a 100mg dose would turn me into a different person. But, your experience is encouraging me.

Nothing negative to note.. except for acne upon starting.

When I began the 100mg, I developed acne on the side of my forehead, within like 1-2 days. Definitely seems related to the prog, hormonal reaction.

That is now clearing up and has been clearing up for some days now.

When I first started, my face was very oily.. like teenager levels of oily.

In terms of being able to handle stress and whatnot at work, I think it's only been helpful in that regard.

xetawaves

Absolutely.

Is your hairline transplanted hairs?

Progesterone

Dropped prog.

On Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils, mixed into water and sprayed on scalp.

Prog was destroying my face with acne.... as soon as I dropped prog, face is back to clear.

Mossy

Dropped prog.

On Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils, mixed into water and sprayed on scalp.

Prog was destroying my face with acne.... as soon as I dropped prog, face is back to clear.
Thanks for the update. I know it’s hard to continue with any one approach for too long, simply due to no results. I’ve researched hair loss for about 12 years now, and I’ve yet to see a home remedy, let alone any remedy, work. I’m not saying it can’t, and I’m hopefull one day something will work, but just sharing I know how it goes. For me, my system is too sensitive to continue with any supplements for too long. I do plan to try prog, though. One day.

Progesterone

Check out taeian the talking camel health guide on Facebook, he recommends his clients use bi-estro cream on slick bald scalps.

I don't have any slick bald areas. I can apply on hairline though.

Taeian the talking camel health guide correct amazon ebay where ever. And that is the point to rub on the bald areas mainly the slick bald or thinning areas. Mainly focus on those areas but if over all scalp is abit thin too is when I suggest here and there to wet your hair and apply some of the products for a whole head treatment. But main focus is your balding areas where hair use to be daily.

Progesterone

Thanks for the update. I know it’s hard to continue with any one approach for too long, simply due to no results. I’ve researched hair loss for about 12 years now, and I’ve yet to see a home remedy, let alone any remedy, work. I’m not saying it can’t, and I’m hopefull one day something will work, but just sharing I know how it goes. For me, my system is too sensitive to continue with any supplements for too long. I do plan to try prog, though. One day.

I will probably go back on Prog again, some day. :)

Not sure why this time, I got tons of acne.

Progesterone

I have made a 5%+ solution of Peppermint oil and Rosemary oil. Argan oil as the carrier oil. Very good, it's not too thick at all, in fact it's a bit watery. Applied with dropper, super easy, no fuss.

I'm not expecting any miracles, but it also can't hurt, while I do nothing else for hair. Will likely be trying the bi-estro soon.

Mossy

I have made a 5%+ solution of Peppermint oil and Rosemary oil. Argan oil as the carrier oil. Very good, it's not too thick at all, in fact it's a bit watery. Applied with dropper, super easy, no fuss.

I'm not expecting any miracles, but it also can't hurt, while I do nothing else for hair. Will likely be trying the bi-estro soon.
I’m guessing you’re already aware, but just incase you’re not, emu oil is supossedly a good carrier oil for product penetration. I’ve also read that the oil itself is somehow good for hairloss. It can be costly, but I don’t think any more than argan.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals