Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

LCohen

I used to think clomid once a week could be fine. Except that this report totally screwed up my intuition ha. Notwithstanding the potential beneficial role of SHBG, which clomid raises.

Clomiphene citrate elicits estrogen agonistic/antagonistic effects differentially via estrogen receptors alpha and beta. - PubMed - NCBI

However a guy on page 2 here observed solid hair growth on Clomid, just like me on SERMs. It could also be thanks to a better LH-induced conversion of cholesterol into downstream hormones. Who knows. DHEA and its metabolites are ERb activators.

This Paper Has Some Interesting Data About Estrogen In Androgenetic Alopecia

Hormone balance seems to be what they discuss and what I always come back to. I still see DHT and Progesterone affecting not only their own receptors but the whole balance in the scalp cells. So maybe 5ar inhibitors work thanks to being progestins, or maybe they work thanks to being progestins AND lowering DHT, obviously. Ketoconazole being a 17-20lyase inhibitor we get more 17-OHprogesterone when using it. So indirectly a progestin again?

The more I dig the more I see flaws with stuff like Rogaine, RU (but unsurprisingly works quite well in females who have the estrogens+progesterone). We want scalp ER agonism to balance out our AR signaling which is obviously stronger than in females. Years of stress and high estrogen exposure and lowered Testosterone may raise prolactin which increases the amount of AR and the sensitivity to DHT. Not good.

BiEstro seems to be very valid but sounds like a better idea if we use some AND reduce the Androgenetic factor. I don’t think anyone with a reasonable approach to the topic would go ahead and pop aromatase inhibitors / anti estrogens + use topical DHT for hair regrowth. Quite the opposite in fact. Ask steroid users. Who should just stick to nandrolone for a combined progestin + piss weak Androgen (DHN) + aromatizes to e2.

@General Orange PDE4 inhibitors could do what you’re posting. cAMP is where it’s at.

Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate Signaling in Inflammatory Skin Disease

There’s also this study on the GR playing an important role for ER modulation. Drugs like Halotestin or Trenbolone may not be hair friendly, although the latter is a progestin and its metabolites are weak Androgens in vivo... most oral AAS and SARMs trash users’ health but that could be the low SHBG.

The modulation of aromatase and estrogen receptor alpha in cultured human dermal papilla cells by dexamethasone: a novel mechanism for selective acti... - PubMed - NCBI

Aromatase upregulation for hair growth. With an improved ERa/ERb ratio. Good luck with that. ;)

I used low dose Dexamethasone for a few days. It stopped my hair sheddings instantly. It made me feel great. Gave me a never ending energy.

I use lot of Magnesium with Dex to minimize stress.

It's an interesting stuff. It can down-regulate ER Alpha, TGF Beta, DHEA-S, SIRT1 (like niacinamide), cytokines, lot of stuff associated with so-called "androgenic" diseases like hair loss, hirsutism.

GorillaHead

I used low dose Dexamethasone for a few days. It stopped my hair sheddings instantly. It made me feel great. Gave me a never ending energy.

I use lot of Magnesium with Dex to minimize stress.

It's an interesting stuff. It can down-regulate ER Alpha, TGF Beta, DHEA-S, SIRT1 (like niacinamide), cytokines, lot of stuff associated with so-called "androgenic" diseases like hair loss, hirsutism.

Interesting dex according to a study on pcos women lowered test and slowed down hair growth. Been 2 days on topical prog. Applying twice daily about 8mg on scalp hair seems stronger and shedding less so far. Taking 10k iu of vitamin D and magnesium taurate with b6. Thats all

Progesterone

I used to think clomid once a week could be fine. Except that this report totally screwed up my intuition ha. Notwithstanding the potential beneficial role of SHBG, which clomid raises.

Clomiphene citrate elicits estrogen agonistic/antagonistic effects differentially via estrogen receptors alpha and beta. - PubMed - NCBI

However a guy on page 2 here observed solid hair growth on Clomid, just like me on SERMs. It could also be thanks to a better LH-induced conversion of cholesterol into downstream hormones. Who knows. DHEA and its metabolites are ERb activators.

This Paper Has Some Interesting Data About Estrogen In Androgenetic Alopecia

Hormone balance seems to be what they discuss and what I always come back to. I still see DHT and Progesterone affecting not only their own receptors but the whole balance in the scalp cells. So maybe 5ar inhibitors work thanks to being progestins, or maybe they work thanks to being progestins AND lowering DHT, obviously. Ketoconazole being a 17-20lyase inhibitor we get more 17-OHprogesterone when using it. So indirectly a progestin again?

The more I dig the more I see flaws with stuff like Rogaine, RU (but unsurprisingly works quite well in females who have the estrogens+progesterone). We want scalp ER agonism to balance out our AR signaling which is obviously stronger than in females. Years of stress and high estrogen exposure and lowered Testosterone may raise prolactin which increases the amount of AR and the sensitivity to DHT. Not good.

BiEstro seems to be very valid but sounds like a better idea if we use some AND reduce the Androgenetic factor. I don’t think anyone with a reasonable approach to the topic would go ahead and pop aromatase inhibitors / anti estrogens + use topical DHT for hair regrowth. Quite the opposite in fact. Ask steroid users. Who should just stick to nandrolone for a combined progestin + piss weak Androgen (DHN) + aromatizes to e2.

@General Orange PDE4 inhibitors could do what you’re posting. cAMP is where it’s at.

Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate Signaling in Inflammatory Skin Disease

There’s also this study on the GR playing an important role for ER modulation. Drugs like Halotestin or Trenbolone may not be hair friendly, although the latter is a progestin and its metabolites are weak Androgens in vivo... most oral AAS and SARMs trash users’ health but that could be the low SHBG.

The modulation of aromatase and estrogen receptor alpha in cultured human dermal papilla cells by dexamethasone: a novel mechanism for selective acti... - PubMed - NCBI

Aromatase upregulation for hair growth. With an improved ERa/ERb ratio. Good luck with that. ;)

Clomid also increases 17-OHprogesterone; I wasn't sure if this was good or not..

I think I remember a study showing balding had elevated or slightly elevated 17-OHprogesterone. It may be a moot point.

Yes! see that's what is so confusing about clomid, it does BOTH... it's technically speaking, good and bad, at the same time, grr.

On clomid, I know it stopped my shedding, and thickened up the hair on the sides of my head FOR SURE, but it may have POSSIBLY hurt hairline. It seems like Progesterone does the exact opposite of this for me. What the heck does this mean? So damn weird. Again, hence, why I consider running both at the same time. Based on the latest conversations here, I have added Prog TOPICALLY on hairline/in hair VS using it orally.

LCohen

Interesting dex according to a study on pcos women lowered test and slowed down hair growth. Been 2 days on topical prog. Applying twice daily about 8mg on scalp hair seems stronger and shedding less so far. Taking 10k iu of vitamin D and magnesium taurate with b6. Thats all

It effects come from adrenal androgen inhibition. It also lowers-effects estrogens. Test lowering isn't not exact mechanism.

As an anti-fibrotic it also reduces collagen accumalation on scalp. Multi aim

GorillaHead

Clomid also increases 17-OHprogesterone; I wasn't sure if this was good or not..

I think I remember a study showing balding had elevated or slightly elevated 17-OHprogesterone. It may be a moot point.

Yes! see that's what is so confusing about clomid, it does BOTH... it's technically speaking, good and bad, at the same time, grr.

On clomid, I know it stopped my shedding, and thickened up the hair on the sides of my head FOR SURE, but it may have POSSIBLY hurt hairline. It seems like Progesterone does the exact opposite of this for me. What the heck does this mean? So damn weird. Again, hence, why I consider running both at the same time. Based on the latest conversations here, I have added Prog TOPICALLY on hairline/in hair VS using it orally.
U getting suffecicent D levels? Also how old are u?

GorillaHead

Some background info. Dad side of the family very powerful balding genes. Mom side GODLY hair genes. Her 60 year old brothers have juvenile hairlines. What kicked off my hairloss was exemestane. 25-50mg a day for like 1-2 weeks. Oh god was i shedding like no other.

Anyways 4 says on progesterone topical hair feel strong. It stands up strong. Also applying daily. Libido is still there but seemed to be reduced. Going to go on a EOD application. I am also on sulfasalazine. Obviously too early to see new hair growth. Shedding is okay

I also use an electric scalp massager every day. And every so often use LLT. My hairline has been advancing for entire past year but very slowly.

Hairloss without a doubt often requires 3 approaches.

Induce hair growth( length and thickeneing of follicle shaft)

The inhibition of hair growth inhibitors or blockers. (Decalcify. Removal of fibrosis, pgd2)

Awaken dormant follicles( maybe wounding? ).

Depending where you are in loss one or more of these strategies need to be employed.

It is now more clean than ever that a full one cure all will most likely not exist anytime soon.

What we will see is more effecient drugs that focus on different strategies mentioned above.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Some background info. Dad side of the family very powerful balding genes. Mom side GODLY hair genes. Her 60 year old brothers have juvenile hairlines. What kicked off my hairloss was exemestane. 25-50mg a day for like 1-2 weeks. Oh god was i shedding like no other.

Anyways 4 says on progesterone topical hair feel strong. It stands up strong. Also applying daily. Libido is still there but seemed to be reduced. Going to go on a EOD application. I am also on sulfasalazine. Obviously too early to see new hair growth. Shedding is okay

I also use an electric scalp massager every day. And every so often use LLT. My hairline has been advancing for entire past year but very slowly.

The inhibition of hair growth inhibitors or blockers. (Decalcify. Removal of fibrosis, pgd2)

Depending where you are in loss one or more of these strategies need to be employed.

It is now more clean than ever that a full one cure all will most likely not exist anytime soon.

What we will see is more effecient drugs that focus on different strategies mentioned above.

What progesterone are you using that you can apply topically on scalp? from health natura?

I haven't heard sulfa mentioned in a while... interesting

olive

Fair warning, I ran sulfasalazine for over a year without issue however it slowly began causing increasingly frequent manic episodes and paranoia. There’s a few clinical reports of users of sulfasalazine experiencing similar issues including depression. Not saying the same will happen to you but you should be aware.

GorillaHead

Fair warning, I ran sulfasalazine for over a year without issue however it slowly began causing increasingly frequent manic episodes and paranoia. There’s a few clinical reports of users of sulfasalazine experiencing similar issues including depression. Not saying the same will happen to you but you should be aware.

Interesting. I appreciate the warning. Alot of side affects are reported due to sulfa. I plan on staying on it for tops 3 months and slowly weaning off. I am hoping somehow this can downregulate production of bad prostagladins.

olive

Interesting. I appreciate the warning. Alot of side affects are reported due to sulfa. I plan on staying on it for tops 3 months and slowly weaning off. I am hoping somehow this can downregulate production of bad prostagladins.
I think the optimal way to go about dealing with prostaglandins is high dose aspirin + topical PGE2, if you can source it.

There are claims that repeated doses of niacin eventually deplete bad prostaglandins after the initial spike however I’m not convinced enough to try it.

GorillaHead

I think the optimal way to go about dealing with prostaglandins is high dose aspirin + topical PGE2, if you can source it.

There are claims that repeated doses of niacin eventually deplete bad prostaglandins after the initial spike however I’m not convinced enough to try it.

I am too scared to try that niacin theory myself. Ya apparently pge2 is rather expensive and judging from what i see on the internet its level of effectiveness is limited. Probably because pge2 is catalyzed into pgf2a. Same stuff latisse uses. So its linited on the amount of enzymes in the follicle. Ideally both pgf2a with pge2 treatment would be best but super expensive the amount of hair i am trying to fill in is the size of a quarter total on my entire scalp lol. Much Cheaper to a relatively quick transplant in turkey

LCohen

I am too scared to try that niacin theory myself. Ya apparently pge2 is rather expensive and judging from what i see on the internet its level of effectiveness is limited. Probably because pge2 is catalyzed into pgf2a. Same stuff latisse uses. So its linited on the amount of enzymes in the follicle. Ideally both pgf2a with pge2 treatment would be best but super expensive the amount of hair i am trying to fill in is the size of a quarter total on my entire scalp lol. Much Cheaper to a relatively quick transplant in turkey

Well it's hard to get pure Prostaglandins but some -prost drugs (Latanoprost, Bimatoprost) induces PGF2A and grows hair. There are also Travoprost and Tafluprost but they're not studied for hair.

All these 4 drugs are sold as eye-drops.

Both Latano & Bimato are soluble in ethanol. You can mix and rub it to your scalp. Someone from hairlosstalk.com have good results with Bimatoprost.

Progesterone

But did it help your hair, is the real question?

GorillaHead

Lol yes this

Btw olive when you ran sulfa did u supplement folate?

It depletes folate in the body significantly.

GorillaHead

Folks. My shedding is completely gone. I run my hand thru my head now i probably shed like no more than 10 dairs a day not sure. But i everytime i run my hands thru my head multiple times over the sink. I see nt best 1 or maybe 2 hairs. Sulfa+ progesterone. Effective at stopping shed. Cant say which has more of an effect.

Now to maintain success and hopefully advance hairline a quarter inch and i can take a break from thinking about my hair all the time lol

olive

No regrowth achieved. No loss either however I had already stopped shedding by addressing testosterone:estrogen ratio and running low dose finasteride.

Btw olive when you ran sulfa did u supplement folate?

It depletes folate in the body significantly.
No I didn’t, nor did I know that. Thank you for the info.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals