San Pellegrino Sparkling Water Fluoride Content A Problem?

Beefcake

Is san pellegrino sparkling water okay? i'm thinking of the fluoride content.. 0.5 (mg/L) ... is that an issue?

San Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water Glass at Ocado

Its still flouride from natural sources. Its a mineral and theres calciumflouride, flourite, kyrolit and other types of mountain elements that has flouride in them. Flouride in certain amounts is probably needed for the body. It’s like the mineral drops you can buy contain arsenic and other ”poisonous metals” but they exist in nature and are not harmful. Our biology is probably used to these minerals in these levels.

There was a study showing 1,4 mg per day is enough to significantly lower thyroid hormone production. So if you drink a lot of water( 3 liters , for example), I would look for another brand of water with much less fluoride.

ilikecats

I think pierier was a lot lower in fluoride but I'm sure it varies from batch to batch. So Im skeptical of assigning one number to years worth of product coming from a large company...

ilikecats

reverse osmosis is the best way to get rid of flouride. Ideal would be using reverse osmosis on an already unflourinated water source removed from industrial society.... then soda stream it for the CO2 bubbly goodness

HealingBoy

I'm more worried about strontium ions in San Pellegrino water. It sticks to the bones and you simply have it for life. It is written on the bottle.
I know it's normal that water pulls ions from the rocks it goes through, that's why I still happen to drink SP sometimes, as soon as it's not a source near a uranium mine.

rei

Its still flouride from natural sources. Its a mineral and theres calciumflouride, flourite, kyrolit and other types of mountain elements that has flouride in them. Flouride in certain amounts is probably needed for the body. It’s like the mineral drops you can buy contain arsenic and other ”poisonous metals” but they exist in nature and are not harmful. Our biology is probably used to these minerals in these levels.
What an ignorant thing to say! Fluoride has no known necessity in the body, and it is known to severely disrupt the chlorine and iodine dependent functions. Same is true for bromine. Additionally fluoride has direct toxic effects independent of this disruption.

If you get it in "natural" forms the only benefit is that it can more easily get excreted without reacting with anything, which prevents any damage.

koky

ray told me that the very high mg and ca make san pell very good despite fluoride

I like Gerolschteiner and prefer it. It has more calcium and magnesium and I don’t think it has the fluoride.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals