Roles Of Interstitial Fluid PH In Diabetes Mellitus: Glycolysis And Mitochondrial Function

paymanz

Roles of interstitial fluid pH in diabetes mellitus: Glycolysis and mitochondrial function

Interstitial fluids have little pH-buffering molecules, while blood has very strong, powerful pH buffering molecules such as hemoglobin and albumin. Thus, even under mild but not severe metabolic disorder conditions, blood pH is kept constant within a normal range (7.35-7.45), but interstitial fluid pH would be lower than a normal level.

Interstitial fluids have little pH buffering capacity. Therefore, over production of acid metabolites lower pH of interstitial fluids even when the intracellular and “arterial” blood pH remains normal (Figures (Figures11 and and2).2). The lowered pH of interstitial fluids causes insulin resistance viareduced binding affinity of insulin to its receptor (Figures (Figures11 and and3).3). Acidic environments due to dysfunction of mitochondria occurring in type 2 diabetes mellitus lead to insulin resistance. Further, the acidic environment occurring in the brain would be related to diminution of neuronal function and onset of Alzheimer’s disease (Figure (Figure88).

Last edited:

yerrag

This is good information. I'm just disappointed that there's no serum pH test, so I can't even use this information.

OP
P

paymanz

This is good information. I'm just disappointed that there's no serum pH test, so I can't even use this information.
Blood serum? To my knowledge unless your in a acute condition your blood ph is normal all the time.

yerrag

Blood serum? To my knowledge unless your in a acute condition your blood ph is normal all the time.
There's a range though, 7.35-7.45. Given that the ecf pH would be lower than the serum pH, I would prefer to be on the high range?

yerrag

I would lower the production of acid by products of metabolism such as ketoacids and lactic acid by ensuring metabolism goes as much as possible through the oxidative metabolic pathway. I would also lower the acid load on the body by not eating acidic foods more than what's needed (meat in partucular), and eat more alkalinic foods such as fruits and vegetables ( in the form of juice to minimize on fiber's endotoxic effect).

Would also make sure my liver and kidneys are healthy so they can do a good job with detox. Sugar and glycine must be sufficient for the liver to do its job as well.

Not to achieve neutral pH though, as that would make it acidic, as we want a pH of 7.4.

OP
P

paymanz

i think important thing is to have lymphatic system remove metabolic wastes properly, and move them into blood , then kidneys/liver can remove them.

you may increase urine PH with alkalizing minerals and baking soda... but you may still have acids and other bad stuff in your tissues.

proper type of exercise and activity, massage , dry brushing, stretching can help i believe.also diet . timing of eating food and water.i think the reason people feel good for few days when they start drink lots of water is that their lymph system is hydrated and removes wastes better. also fasting/Intermittent fasting works for some people , at least one reason is that it cleans their lymph system , specially as we have lymph vessels in digestive system.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

i think important thing is to have lymphatic system remove metabolic wastes properly, and move them into blood , then kidneys/liver can remove them.

you may increase urine PH with alkalizing minerals and baking soda... but you may still have acids and other bad stuff in your tissues.

proper type of exercise and activity, massage , dry brushing, stretching can help i believe.also diet . timing of eating food and water.i think the reason people feel good for few days when they start drink lots of water is that their lymph system is hydrated and removes wastes better. also fasting/Intermittent fasting works for some people , at least one reason is that it cleans their lymph system , specially as we have lymph vessels in digestive system.
Just wanted to mention that sauna use is supposed to be good for detoxing the lymphatic system. Just in time for cold weather season in most parts, a sauna feels real good when the weather is cold and damp, etc. This is the one I use: Relax Far Infrared Ray Portable Sauna

rei

Isn't glucose oxidation the most acidifying oxidative metabolism?

OP
P

paymanz

Just wanted to mention that sauna use is supposed to be good for detoxing the lymphatic system. Just in time for cold weather season in most parts, a sauna feels real good when the weather is cold and damp, etc. This is the one I use: Relax Far Infrared Ray Portable Sauna
yes thats interesting , if salt lose replaced.

but one concern for me is that sauna seems to negatively affect testicles.

OP
P

paymanz