Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

jandrade1997

Should we be taking 50,000 IU of this palmitate per day since Dr. Peat recommends 5,000 IU of the micellized Nutrisorb per day, and micellized vitamin A is absorbed about 10 times better?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Should we be taking 50,000 IU of this palmitate per day since Dr. Peat recommends 5,000 IU of the micellized Nutrisorb per day, and micellized vitamin A is absorbed about 10 times better?

I think he probably meant topically. I am not aware of him claiming oral Nutrisorb is 10x better absorbed than plain retinyl palmitate.

jandrade1997

B

Braveheart

@haidut we got the dmso version, my hubby has solar keratosis so we wanted to try retinil. He has one spot on the shoulder and because it constantly gets irritated by the seat belt, it bleeds on and off. He has used Tocovit, Progest E , Simply Progesterone, CO but none has completely healed it. The Retinil stings a bit on topical application on me and actually makes this spot on his shoulder bleed immediatey. Should we try the oil version? will it stain through to his work shirts?
Thank you.

This might work on the keratosis...I just started...this is an Australian study....
Nicotinamide for Skin Cancer Chemoprevention - SkinCancer.org

see Hiaduts post re above on following thread:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/vitamin-b3-prevents-and-reverses-skin-cancer.668

O

Oniyogini

He's been taking 500mg (Thorne) Niacinamide almost daily for months now...says places where they used to come up have healed- meaning no more appearances- but the main one on the shoulder is still open and prone to bleeding. He is going to continue this protocol but is not definitive about what truly works...
Thank you for your kind thought...

B

Braveheart

should he increase the dosage to 500mg twice daily?
Yes...The study says that was most effective. After only 2 weeks I see some improvement on the smaller lesions. Am also continuing 2% iodine one all spots...have not been able to get 7% yet. Currently, situation improving slowly.

kayumochi

should he increase the dosage to 500mg twice daily?
at least. or more. has worked for me. I take 1500 - 2000 mg a day. also, I had a place on the back of my hand that looked somewhat like a wart but was not and later it got knocked off. Then some crazy looking growth took it place. I peeled it off easily with no bleeding or pain. But after that it wouldn't heal. Months went by and it still did not heal. I then put one drop of MB on it for 4 days and it healed completely without a scar.

puretherapy

I got Retinil 5000 for my dad who is 74 and suffers from macular degeneration, I got him for deficiency, but through miscommunication, he put one drop in each eye! any concern there?!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I got Retinil 5000 for my dad who is 74 and suffers from macular degeneration, I got him for deficiency, but through miscommunication, he put one drop in each eye! any concern there?!

The palmitate version with tocopherol/MCT as solvent is probably safer if it gets accidentally in the eye. The acetate/ethanol version would have been much more irritating. Peat said that small amounts of tocopherol/MCT are probably safe if they get into the eye but he does not recommend doing this intentionally and/or on a regular basis.

puretherapy

The palmitate version with tocopherol/MCT as solvent is probably safer if it gets accidentally in the eye. The acetate/ethanol version would have been much more irritating. Peat said that small amounts of tocopherol/MCT are probably safe if they get into the eye but he does not recommend doing this intentionally and/or on a regular basis.
Thank you so much for all the work and your reply!

Jewbermensch

@haidut just received my retinil (acetate) in the mail, thanks a lot for your work. For my first dose I just put a few drops on my shoulder where I had some blemishes. It felt fine on my skin, but I quickly noticed a slight creakiness develop in my shoulder. Does this indicate some other deficiency, i.e. potassium? Should I avoid applying retinil near joints?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut just received my retinil (acetate) in the mail, thanks a lot for your work. For my first dose I just put a few drops on my shoulder where I had some blemishes. It felt fine on my skin, but I quickly noticed a slight creakiness develop in my shoulder. Does this indicate some other deficiency, i.e. potassium? Should I avoid applying retinil near joints?

It may have to do with low vitamin D levels. Have you had yours checked recently? Vitamin A needs E and D to work properly.

Jewbermensch

It may have to do with low vitamin D levels. Have you had yours checked recently? Vitamin A needs E and D to work properly.
This actually stopped happening after a couple of doses, I'm not certain what the cause was. I take 5000 IU Vitamin D just about every day. For vitamin E I use Life Extension Gamma E, and I think I've seen you advise against a Gamma heavy Vitamin E source. Perhaps that was part of the cause.

Regardless, I've actually switched to eating chicken liver for the bulk of my vitamin A. I've whipped the retinil out again on a couple of emergency breakouts for a subtle but positive effect.

B

Braveheart

This actually stopped happening after a couple of doses, I'm not certain what the cause was. I take 5000 IU Vitamin D just about every day. For vitamin E I use Life Extension Gamma E, and I think I've seen you advise against a Gamma heavy Vitamin E source. Perhaps that was part of the cause.

Regardless, I've actually switched to eating chicken liver for the bulk of my vitamin A. I've whipped the retinil out again on a couple of emergency breakouts for a subtle but positive effect.
Please, where did he advise against heavy gamma e?

Jewbermensch

Please, where did he advise against heavy gamma e?
Well his TocoVit is alpha heavy since it is from wheat germ oil. And in another thread he posted a study refuting the idea that alpha tocopherol depletes gamma tocopherol when taken alone. Alpha-tocopherol does NOT deplete gamma-tocopherol

I remember a theory on here, could have been from somebody else, that gamma E only became popular in America because that is the type of E that can extracted from soybean oil.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well his TocoVit is alpha heavy since it is from wheat germ oil. And in another thread he posted a study refuting the idea that alpha tocopherol depletes gamma tocopherol when taken alone. Alpha-tocopherol does NOT deplete gamma-tocopherol

I remember a theory on here, could have been from somebody else, that gamma E only became popular in America because that is the type of E that can extracted from soybean oil.

@bzmazu
I am just saying I prefer the alpha-tocopherol heavy variety as it favors the anti-estrogen effects of vitamin E. Gamma tocopherol seems to affect mostly NO and LOX, which are also good aspects. So, I personally prefer mixed tocopherols with more alpha because the focus will be on estrogen blockade while also getting the anti-NO and LOX inhibition effects. High-gamma mixed tocopherols tend to have mostly anti-inflammatory effects but much less of pro-progesterone and anti-estrogen effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals