Regeneration After Trauma Healing. Mitolipin, Muscle Building?

Peatogenic

I noticed my health started improving once I started dealing with trauma. I can tell my hormones are starting to regulate better. Better sleep, more relaxed, more energy, fat loss, etc.

I can't help but wonder about the years of damage, despite having any visible health problems at the moment. The only thing I've noticed is hairloss and some broken capillaries, mild gynecomastia, etc. Age 34, male.

I was wondering if there's any advice for stimulating overall repair more efficiently, if there is such a thing? It seems like building more muscle would do some repair, avoiding lots of cardio, etc. I already have a low pufa diet. The only supplements I take are vitamin K, androsterone, and occasionally Taurine/Proline/Glycine.

My diet is kind of "Ray Peat Style" minus dairy, and probably higher protein. For carbs I eat potatoes, parsnips, beets, yams, fruits, and cane sugar. I eat shellfish and liver pate occasionally. No grains. I do eat vegetables occasionally like asparagus, spinach...but probably four times a week. My fruits nowadays are leaning more towards berries and melons, and less OJ. mushrooms, leeks, onions, etc. Sometimes I'll get dairy via heavy cream, butter, Greek yogurt, but pretty minimal. Also big on herbal teas and coffee.

Mitolipin seems to have some regenerative qualities?

constipeat

I noticed my health started improving once I started dealing with trauma. I can tell my hormones are starting to regulate better. Better sleep, more relaxed, more energy, fat loss, etc.

I can't help but wonder about the years of damage, despite having any visible health problems at the moment. The only thing I've noticed is hairloss and some broken capillaries, mild gynecomastia, etc. Age 34, male.

I was wondering if there's any advice for stimulating overall repair more efficiently, if there is such a thing? It seems like building more muscle would do some repair, avoiding lots of cardio, etc. I already have a low pufa diet. The only supplements I take are vitamin K, androsterone, and occasionally Taurine/Proline/Glycine.

My diet is kind of "Ray Peat Style" minus dairy, and probably higher protein. For carbs I eat potatoes, parsnips, beets, yams, fruits, and cane sugar. I eat shellfish and liver pate occasionally. No grains. I do eat vegetables occasionally like asparagus, spinach...but probably four times a week. My fruits nowadays are leaning more towards berries and melons, and less OJ. mushrooms, leeks, onions, etc. Sometimes I'll get dairy via heavy cream, butter, Greek yogurt, but pretty minimal. Also big on herbal teas and coffee.

Mitolipin seems to have some regenerative qualities?

I do not have an answer to your question but was wondering what has been effective for you in dealing with the trauma?

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I do not have an answer to your question but was wondering what has been effective for you in dealing with the trauma?

It's been quite the journey the past six months, but Ray Peat's ideas actually connect a lot with the individuation that trauma typically strips humans of, especially developmental trauma and extreme cultural conditioning.

As far as psychotherapeutic frameworks, the CPTSD "community" has been the most resonant. And specifically the Somatic Experiencing framework, which looks at trauma as a physiological problem primarily, more than a thinking problem. (If the distinction can be made.)

Particularly, Pete Walker's book on CPTSD is extremely well communicated and opens up a door into the complexity of human trauma. He has really elucidated strongly what "it" is, without being culty or dogmatic.