Ray Peat On Pepsi

@Such_Saturation. I've no idea why, but I assumed you were from the US, then, given the different time zones and the time of day you were on here I then began assuming you had some sort of terrible insomnia. It just shows you, one small assumption, honesty, when will I learn:-/

lol indeed I'm on 24 7 :droid:

Lol; I was serious!

Well you must have a godly pancreas :eyes:

yerrag

Jsaute21

Does anyone drink the cans? I know not as good as glass but the value is hard to beat. 3.48 for a 12 pack. Ingredients are carbonated water, sugar, caramel color, phosphoric acid, caffeine, natural flavor. I assume that is the same as bottled coke and glass bottled Pepsi.

DaveFoster

Does anyone drink the cans? I know not as good as glass but the value is hard to beat. 3.48 for a 12 pack. Ingredients are carbonated water, sugar, caramel color, phosphoric acid, caffeine, natural flavor. I assume that is the same as bottled coke and glass bottled Pepsi.
Not sure about the phosphoric acid, but I prefer the large 2-liter bottles, as it's convenient. Probably not ideal. Soda isn't really a good food anyway; it's more for convenience and hydration, but I drink quite a bit of it.

Not sure about the phosphoric acid, but I prefer the large 2-liter bottles, as it's convenient. Probably not ideal. Soda isn't really a good food anyway; it's more for convenience and hydration, but I drink quite a bit of it.

More volume means less surface/estrogens per amount of liquid

DaveFoster

Those are seriously hardworking pancreas. Dave is really on a sauna 24/7:p
It's funny you say that because my girlfriend says I'm a furance. I took my temp recently, and it was 99.5 resting.

@Such_Saturation That's true, but HDPE would be worth finding.

The cheap Safeway Refreshe cola has no cirtric acid: only phosphoric acid. Not sure what Peat thinks about that.

DaveFoster

That's just geometry man... unless your molecule is 20 inches long and somehow less attached to a larger bottle...
If my molecule was 20 inches, I'd be way happier.

papaya

It's funny you say that because my girlfriend says I'm a furance. I took my temp recently, and it was 99.5 resting.

@Such_Saturation That's true, but HDPE would be worth finding.

The cheap Safeway Refreshe cola has no cirtric acid: only phosphoric acid. Not sure what Peat thinks about that.
he said that the phosphoric acid content in cola is minor & nothing to really be concerned about. btw, i read that somewhere on here, i didn't hear it w/my own ears.

DaveFoster

he said that the phosphoric acid content in cola is minor & nothing to really be concerned about. btw, i read that somewhere on here, i didn't hear it w/my own ears.
That's good to know; thanks papaya.

Birdie

A search on Peat's website brings up 4 articles where he mentions Coca Cola.
I've heard him say Coke has a better mix of herbs or something than other colas. Sounded like it was stuff you didn't find on the label.
Also remember his saying corn syrup instead of sugar was okay, but that he preferred the taste of Mexi coke.

yerrag

Also remember his saying corn syrup instead of sugar was okay, but that he preferred the taste of Mexi coke.
That's interesting. Hope you can provide reference.

Seems contradictory since you say he prefers corn syrup, and then you say he prefers Mexi coke, which uses sugar (and I don't know if Mexi coke still uses sugar, since Coke and Pepsi in the Philippines have turned to using "sugar and/or HFCS," instead of plain "sugar," and I've turned away from them and now buy other brands (no matter how obscure) of soda that simply say "sugar" under its ingredient label).

Considering that the Philippines is a main producer of cane sugar, and Coke and Pepsi is going "American Agribusiness" by using HFCS, and none of the sugar producers here give a hoot, I'm really disappointed.

p.s. I suspect this is a consequence of "free trade agreements" which force countries to accept big US agribusiness' products such as HFCS at the expense of giving consumers in these countries better choices in ingredients. The impact on health has a cascading effect, and ultimately the downward spiral in health of general populations would lead to a growing market of sick people buying big pharma's drugs.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

I remember when I used to look at people who drink soda and think, "What a bunch of weaklings with their sugar addiction."

Here I am eating over 2,000 grams of sugar/day. What a strange world.

Great advice. Dried fruit is the worst. Instant pain.

2k grams o sugar dude? Why on earth would you want to put yourself throught that ind of eating regimine?

I do believe that rinsing with water after sugarry dirnks will go a long ways in preventing decay bacteria build up in the mouth. Even better would be to rinse quickly with baking soda.

DaveFoster

2k grams o sugar dude? Why on earth would you want to put yourself throught that ind of eating regimine?

I do believe that rinsing with water after sugarry dirnks will go a long ways in preventing decay bacteria build up in the mouth. Even better would be to rinse quickly with baking soda.
I oscilate between 1k and 2k, much closer to 1k most days.

Birdie

That's interesting. Hope you can provide reference.

I dunno. Have been listening/reading RP for 5 years or something, so don't make notes of references anymore. I was surprised when he said the bit about corn syrup so it stuck. I've heard him say that a couple of times but he wasn't emphasizing it. Just answered a question and went on.

Just read more of what you said and he didn't recommend it just said it was okay.
He didn't say he preferred it, and I didn't say he did. You must have been reading fast.

yerrag

I dunno. Have been listening/reading RP for 5 years or something, so don't make notes of references anymore. I was surprised when he said the bit about corn syrup so it stuck. I've heard him say that a couple of times but he wasn't emphasizing it. Just answered a question and went on.

Just read more of what you said and he didn't recommend it just said it was okay.
He didn't say he preferred it, and I didn't say he did. You must have been reading fast.
Sorry. I mistook what you said. I think he said corn syrup was OK, but on another interview or article said HFCS has more calories than what it really is stated, on lab tests. I don't know if I should take that as a negative about HFCS, but I did.

Birdie

Sorry. I mistook what you said. I think he said corn syrup was OK, but on another interview or article said HFCS has more calories than what it really is stated, on lab tests. I don't know if I should take that as a negative about HFCS, but I did.
:)Thanks.

That's right. I remember that and something about it indicating another ingredient or starch or something in there.
But... somewhere else he referred to the HFCS Scare. I avoid the stuff anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals