PUFA Detox And Long Term Well Being

OP
Velve921

Velve921

No worries on the delay Arinryan, that is really exciting to hear. I just wonder if its going to be a couple years before I really see the light. Initially my goal was to see some improvements after 6 months...maybe itll be a year to year and a half before stuff starts picking up. I also had all my mercury fillings and crowns (4 total) removed in August...so maybe I am going through a heavy metal detox as well as pufa.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Can anybody list specific pufa or heave metal detox symptoms? I've never found much data on personal experiences of detox/

Anybody have experiences or thoughts they wish to share?

pboy

well, I think it would be hard to directly tell until you were free of them! Its probably just overall malaise, lack of flexibility, slower metabolism, slower GI function, anything that relates to metabolism...slower healing, and growing, but you might not notice a huge difference cause the change will be gradual...but youll appreciate it when you start feeling good (theres a lot of factors in a good metabolism besides PUFA and heavy metals also...but those 2 are definitely big)

Amazoniac

A long-term improvement seems to be way more realistic and safe. This research shows how even after the dietary change was made and the targeted issue was solved, it demanded time restablish the genetic expression (in this case the immune system).

http://www.jleukbio.org/content/96/5/833.full.pdf+html

I believe it's possible to deplete the PUFA in the rate suggested by the other opened thread (30 days or so). But I'm afraid that by doing so you skip the gradual improvements that happen in cascade, seems too drastic!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

All makes sense...I'm 7 months in and just notice that gradually my memory is getting worse as well as energy. I'm exhausted all the time! I just can't seem to get ahead yet. Does anyone have symptoms similar to mine where even after 7 months they still felt bad and almost even worse?

Amazoniac

It can be tricky to always assume that negative feedback is part of detoxifying. Regardless of the reason you are not feeling optimal, restricting PUFA is definitely a step in the right direction.
Metabolic improvements are made optimizing each aspect, but not analyzing the problems as a whole will lead to a lot of confusion and misinterpretation..

natedawggh

Mittir said:
RP recommends vitamin E to neutralize some of the damage done by
released PUFA. The dose of vitamin E depends on amount of stored PUFA.
He mentioned that a middle aged man needs about 400 IU of vitamin E
to maintain fertility and higher doses are fine too. But he also cautioned
against long term use of high dose vitamin E. When a person is PUFA
depleted he would not need E supplements.

Make sure to point out that synthetic vitamin E does not help, and there are many brands labeled to look like natural vitamin E, which are actually synthetic. The only way to tell is that natural vitamin E is labeled D-alpha-tocopherol and synthetic is Dl-alpha-tocopherol. They're very sneaky. But the synthetic will cause health problems, and natural will heal.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
natedawggh said:
Make sure to point out that synthetic vitamin E does not help, and there are many brands labeled to look like natural vitamin E, which are actually synthetic. The only way to tell is that natural vitamin E is labeled D-alpha-tocopherol and synthetic is Dl-alpha-tocopherol. They're very sneaky. But the synthetic will cause health problems, and natural will heal.

Sorry If I missed it but I have been wanting to ask you. What brand do you use?

natedawggh

I've used two. Solaray Super Bio E (their other E is soy oil), and Swanson non GMO sunflower oil E. That's the cheapest as well as really good.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

It is definitely confusing...I have my lifestyle down to a T! So I know exactly what is happening on a daily basis mentally and physically. The biggest confidence booster that gives me reassurance are other peoples experiences...it would just be nice to know if other people have experience the same difficulty similar to mine.

pboy

ewlevy sometimes over dilution can cause persistant exhaustion and space headed ness. That happened to me couple years, maybe a year ago. Are you drinking a lot of dilute or sugarless fluid?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I drink 1 gallon a day of this blend:

milk
orange juice
grape juice
salt
gelatin
coconut oil

I'm over 400 grams of carbs a day..sometimes as high as 500.

Amazoniac

My personal experience when I restricted my PUFA intake extremely a long time ago was impressive.
The following days I felt very intolerant and agressive. And by intolerant I don't mean just when interacting with people, but also physiologically intolerant to the environment, almost fragile and ill a certain way.
And take in consideration that those symptoms came from someone who is usually tolerant, passive and calm.
I'm pretty sure those were a consequence of PUFA being eliminated rapidly. The environment I live doesn't favour at all an hibernation/scarcity state. And at that time it was the only change I did.

Edit: not rare to measure the temperature over 100ºF here. And I don't mean body temp. I mean weather.

jyb

Amazoniac said:
My personal experience when I restricted my PUFA intake extremely a long time ago was impressive.

If you suddenly cut all fats (sort of required if you insist on near zero pufa), that can also have a big effect (whether positive or negative).

Amazoniac

jyb said:
Amazoniac said:

If you suddenly cut all fats (sort of required if you insist on near zero pufa), that can also have a big effect (whether positive or negative).

By extremely I mean about 2-4% of total calorie intake.

Peata

It's taken about 2 years for me to have real progress, but it happened. Maybe I could have shortened the time it took if I'd done certain things, but I honestly don't know what that would have been because I tried many, many things talked about on the board, always experimenting, asking questions, reporting on it. I'm thankful it has now come together.

I think I just always had issues due to hypo, looking back on symptoms even as a kid. So I think I'll always have to be diligent about maintaining metabolism, whether with supplements or what I eat. But it's really worth it. There were times in the process that I didn't restrict pufa like I should have because I didn't feel much different (or better) either way, but I kept working on things. I feel so much better that I now want to restrict pufa for that added boost to health.

I'm finally loosing a smidge of weight too. So I've wondered about pufa detox during this. I have times when I don't feel well, but I don't know if that's pufa detox, stress, or something that originates in my gut. It could be a liver issue because I am not getting lots of protein lately (some days as little as 40 g, most days 50+). When the ill feeling happens, it's usually at night or in the morning.

Anyway, I've had some of the same experience as Arinryan: "I started being able to eat carbs without blood sugar issues... and didn't have dark circles under my eyes. My period was closer to a normal cycle...."

My last period was almost painless. More energy, clearer head, temps and pulse are great.

I still have a way to go in all this, still have issues to hopefully resolve, but the results are encouraging so far. One of those times where you think even if it didn't get any better, this is so much better than before that I will be happy with this alone.

I supplement coconut oil now to help displace pufa. I haven't used much vitamin E lately other than what's in Progest E, but I take other supps. such as B vitamins, glycine, lysine, magnesium, salt (using lots in food).

dd99

That's great, Peata! I'm glad for you. Please keep us updated on your continued improvement.

narouz

That's great, Peata!

Hey, since you've struggled with metabolism and hypothyroidism,
you may want to experiment with something haidut recently posted about.
You've probably already seen it.
But he says that both pregnenolone and P5P (or regular B6)
really help assimilate magnesium.

I've been trying that, and so far it seems to be working.
I've always had trouble taking magnesium without getting diarrhea.
And I am hypothyroid too.

So...keep up the good work!

Peata

narouz said:
That's great, Peata!

Hey, since you've struggled with metabolism and hypothyroidism,
you may want to experiment with something haidut recently posted about.
You've probably already seen it.
But he says that both pregnenolone and P5P (or regular B6)
really help assimilate magnesium.

I've been trying that, and so far it seems to be working.
I've always had trouble taking magnesium without getting diarrhea.
And I am hypothyroid too.

So...keep up the good work!

I have been doing well with magnesium chloride (I use Slow Mag which has bad fillers so I'll have to find something purer). I think I'm assimilating it OK. I don't have diarrhea from it.

After that ordeal I went through with pregnenolone last year, I'm not keen on touching it again anytime soon. I think it tried to lower my cortisol but I didn't have the metabolism at the time to support it. I've taken B6 and P5P in the past in higher doses but now I just take smaller doses along with other B vits.

Thank for the well wishes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals