PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Syncopated

I'm sensing a hope restraint within for some reason.
Peat says 4 years.
haidut says 30 days.

Okay...I'm willing to believe!
I do believe in haidut! :D
In 2001 I did a 24 day distilled water fast.

I had to discard my pillow case after because it smelled like latex paint.

Water fasting easily removes polyunsaturates.

Ganne

I started doing this last month and I'm liking it :)

I plan to do this fat-free diet for at least 6 months or more. If Okinawans eat low fat diet all their lifetime, 6 months is nothing. I started to notice traditional Asian diets are high in carb, medium in protein and very low in fat. Maybe that's why they age well and keep all their hair in their 50s and 60s.

What do you plan to eat? I have followed a plant based diet of sweet potoatoes, fruit and coconut milk for fat in the past. I usually added meat to my diet once a week. I added no other fat to my food. I lost a lot of weight but wasn’t sure how healthy this was for me.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

What do you plan to eat? I have followed a plant based diet of sweet potoatoes, fruit and coconut milk for fat in the past. I usually added meat to my diet once a week. I added no other fat to my food. I lost a lot of weight but wasn’t sure how healthy this was for me.
This doesn’t actually sound that bad for short periods of time. I am not sure if it would be good for long term like years.

Cirion

Are there any success stories here yet? It seems like a lot of the people who have tried High sugar, low/zero fat, haven't been too successful due to unending appetite.

I did come across this success story though:

What i have done to cure hypo and stay lean.

It's only an n=1 success story though.

I'm new to peat and restrict my fats to ~50g a day currently (mostly saturated, some mono-unsaturated, almost no pufa). I'm thinking of attempting the little to no fat approach soon, at least until bodyfat is dropped down. But it seems like that doesn't work for a lot of people due to the appetite increases. I would think that indeed, the quickest way to deplete PUFA is to deplete bodyfat stores to almost nil. I don't restrict calories though, I eat as many carbs as I want to feel satisfied essentially. This has worked out to be around 4000 calories a day sometimes more so far. (Yes, f*** tons of carbohydrates, haha)

Fasting as what suggested in an earlier post, would certainly be a quick way to deplete PUFA as well. I don't really like that idea myself though. It would be the fastest way possible to do so but I don't relish the thought of losing muscle mass by doing that.

My suspicions are that the failures are due to too much liquid intake and nutrition deficient foods in general (like just putting a spoonful of sugar into a glass of water). I am thinking that if most/all calories are obtained from solid foods then it will work out better. That in fact seems to coincide to some of the success stories I've seen here - less liquid, more solids. That's probably because more foods naturally lowers your calories which lends itself to weight/fat loss. So I'm probably gonna have to ditch the milk/OJ.

The low/zero fat diet, from what I've pieced together from a few success stories, seem to verify some of the sentiments in this thread:

Eat a low/zero fat diet, high sugar/carb diet, until your PUFA/bodyfat stores are depleted, and you're leaned out. Then, you can (and should) start introducing some fats (primarily saturated) to your diet, for optimal health. This is because, once your bodyfat stores are depleted, you can no longer readily draw from bodyfat stores for using fat in your body as it needs it. It's true, through the process of converting sugar to fat, the body can synthesize the fat that it needs. This however, is an inefficient process. So while technically you can live forever on low fat, it's not ideal. It's a similar reason why Keto is not so great. Yes, you can convert protein to carbohydrate in your body, but it's an inefficient process. The guy ^^ in the link earlier, said once he was lean, he didn't feel so great on low fat anymore. That's probably why. Therefore, it would seem, Low fat is a temporary solution to get you lean/PUFA depleted, but the long term optimal diet is going to have a decent amount of saturated fats. The logical question then is, can you/should you just skip straight to the optimal diet (high carb, some fats in the form of saturated) for PUFA depletion or is going low fat more efficient? I think, low fat is probably more efficient, whether it is healthier or not, the jury is out on that one still. That said, I'm an impatient man, and I really don't want to wait 4 years to get PUFA depleted lol.

I found it interesting too that after he was fully healed, he could eat whatever he wanted and still felt good and lean. I used to be jealous of people with "good genetics" and able to eat whatever he wanted - but his story proves that you can "Create good genetics" by simply healing your body and your metabolism. This gives me hope for people with "bad genetics" like myself lol. That said, once I'm healed, I'm probably gonna stay Peat for life, simply because I have no interest in trashing my health again. With how much effort it takes to fix your health, it's just not worth the few minutes of pleasure to have "junk" food IMHO.

Obviously I'm gonna need time to get results, but I'm thinking of trying the following:

Zero/near Zero tryptophan, High Glycine, Zero/<0.5 g PUFA, Zero/Ultra Low Fat, High sugar (primarily from fruit), ideally all sugar and no starch. I'll be experimenting with the sugar/starch combo primarily probably. So far I've been having starch in the evening to stay full at night, but that may just be because my liver is still FUBAR and can't store sugar for long (I get hungry very soon after eating)

Last edited:

Texon

This doesn’t actually sound that bad for short periods of time. I am not sure if it would be good for long term like years.
@haidut
I know this thread has been going for a while, but what do you think about this detox (ffa's etc.) method using niacin, activated charcoal and sauna/exercise? Dr. Yu is an MD somewhere in D.C. Using the niacin does liberate fats apparently which are then swept away? Effective to deplete pufa? I have heard of folks doing this once a week for a while. The basic protocol starts at 3:00 min into the video.

Dan W

but what do you think about this detox (ffa's etc.) method using niacin, activated charcoal and sauna/exercise?
I found this guy's results with a similar protocol interesting. It seemed to affect his urinary heavy metals, testosterone, SHBG, cortisol, LDL/HDL, and triglycerides. Not always in a positive direction though.

Luckytype

In theory could this be done in stages?

Assuming someone is already consuming little to no PUFA daily, could you conceivably do this for like 7-10 days, have some sat fats for a while (2-4 days)with your fat sol vitamins then return back to limited/no fat intake?

Last edited:
L

lollipop

@haidut
I know this thread has been going for a while, but what do you think about this detox (ffa's etc.) method using niacin, activated charcoal and sauna/exercise? Dr. Yu is an MD somewhere in D.C. Using the niacin does liberate fats apparently which are then swept away? Effective to deplete pufa? I have heard of folks doing this once a week for a while. The basic protocol starts at 3:00 min into the video.

Hi @Texon,

I have heard about this and thought I would try it once - not regularly. The problem is my life is busy these days and I would want a day off to do this protocol. Actually doesn’t sound too stressful. I was going to take niacin use my rebounder, shower and then use red light. Again once or twice a year might be interesting. Once a week? Too stressful imo...

ebs

locigally like haidcut said it would burn first the bodyfat which is made up from saturated fat then your muscle and ant last the most damaging which is pufa.

If your body has such a strong preference for pufas I wonder why it is still so harmful. Also when you deplete it after a month and then replenish it with one single pufa meal. Seems like our bodies are pretty masochistic.....

Texon

Hi @Texon,

I have heard about this and thought I would try it once - not regularly. The problem is my life is busy these days and I would want a day off to do this protocol. Actually doesn’t sound too stressful. I was going to take niacin use my rebounder, shower and then use red light. Again once or twice a year might be interesting. Once a week? Too stressful imo...
Maybe once a month is a good compromise.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

How would this be different from running or fasting? The elevated lipolysis is definitely an issue that can overwhelm the liver and cause insulin resistance or even damage the kidneys (depending on how much PUFA is in stores). What would the charcoal do to protect in this protocol?
Plain niacin releases histamine and serotonin so that's certainly not good but I guess taking a bit of cypro can mitigate that issue.

Texon

How would this be different from running or fasting? The elevated lipolysis is definitely an issue that can overwhelm the liver and cause insulin resistance or even damage the kidneys (depending on how much PUFA is in stores). What would the charcoal do to protect in this protocol?
Plain niacin releases histamine and serotonin so that's certainly not good but I guess taking a bit of cypro can mitigate that issue.

Texon

Lots of questions I don't know the answers to. But it is very curious how Dr Hoffer and colleagues cured so many mental patients with high doses of niacin (without charcoal) which has so many seemingly negative effects. Could it be that the niacin has short term negative impact but continued long enough will deplete the bad chems faster than they can replenish?

cyclops

As far as PUFA depletion goes wouldn't it matter how much body fat a person in carrying to begin with? All else being the same, wouldn't it take a 350 pound person much longer to get rid of all their stored PUFA then a 150 pound person?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As far as PUFA depletion goes wouldn't it matter how much body fat a person in carrying to begin with? All else being the same, wouldn't it take a 350 pound person much longer to get rid of all their stored PUFA then a 150 pound person?

It is hard to say since it depends on other factors as well. For example what is the body fat percentage of either person? In other words, how much muscle either person carries will affect how quickly the fat is lost since muscles prefer fat as fuel at rest. Thyroid output and liver health will also affect the loss rate as the former determines how fast the fats are metabolized and the latter determines how well the liver can deal with excreting excess fat in the bloodstream. So, the absolute weight by itself is not enough to make a conclusion.

cyclops

t is hard to say since it depends on other factors as well. For example what is the body fat percentage of either person? In other words, how much muscle either person carries will affect how quickly the fat is lost since muscles prefer fat as fuel at rest. Thyroid output and liver health will also affect the loss rate as the former determines how fast the fats are metabolized and the latter determines how well the liver can deal with excreting excess fat in the bloodstream. So, the absolute weight by itself is not enough to make a conclusion.

I was trying to compare someone who has allot of body fat (say 200 pounds of fat) vs someone who has relatively little (say 20 pounds). And they both got the same ratio of PUFA on them. I was thinking it would be obvious that it will take the heavier guy longer all else being the same.

The rest of what you say makes sense, but it makes me feel even more so that you cannot really estimate how long it will take to deplete PUFA because there are many individual factors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals