Progesterone Lowering Serum Progesterone?

I used progesterone [Progest-E] for 10 days at the dose of 80 mg / day.
Then I took blood tests, and I saw that serum progesterone had gone down, from 3 to 1.
What's the logic?

lampofred

want to know the answer to this

btw you will be disappointed when you get a notification for this post and see that the response is not helpful for you at all...

sweetpeat

I used progesterone [Progest-E] for 10 days at the dose of 80 mg / day.
Then I took blood tests, and I saw that serum progesterone had gone down, from 3 to 1.
What's the logic?
I wonder if it could have been a lab error? They have been known to happen...

want to know the answer to this

btw you will be disappointed when you get a notification for this post and see that the response is not helpful for you at all...
This made me laugh :playful:

J

jb116

The more active the tissue are with progesterone the more clearance from the serum. That's why absolute levels are not as helpful as knowing progesterone to estrogen ratio.

OP
gilson d dantas
The more active the tissue are with progesterone the more clearance from the serum. That's why absolute levels are not as helpful as knowing progesterone to estrogen ratio.
I undestand that. That could be a possibility.
The problem is I don´t have how to know that. We can´t know estrogen at the serum [we can know prolactine, but then it is not the progesterone to estrogen ratio...].

J

jb116

I undestand that. That could be a possibility.
The problem is I don´t have how to know that. We can´t know estrogen at the serum [we can know prolactine, but then it is not the progesterone to estrogen ratio...].
Where you are, can you get a blood test done for estrogen levels for males fairly easily?

OP
gilson d dantas
Where you are, can you get a blood test done for estrogen levels for males fairly easily?
I´m in Brazil, Brasília. But I suppose that the point is: we cannot measure estrogen at the blood serum. I´m I wrong? I think the estrogen is, mainly, at the tissues...

J

jb116

vulture

Same thing is said abut E, that it's serum levels are not that reliable...so, as time keeps passing and I see things, the more it's starting this whole bunch of things to look like just a symbol in a piece of paper...

Estrone sulfate is a good lab test revealing body estrogen that can be done with blood.

Did you feel different?