Frankdee20

I would not call it perfect but close to optimal. For people in very catabolic state I would probably try higher dose progesterone + a stronger androgen like androsterone. Progesterone + DHT or T would also work if you can get prescription for those androgens.

Can androsterone cause limp penis as people on you tube report ?

Frankdee20

Apparently most pro hormones Effect this ability to get it up in the bedroom

Black Ops

YouTubers are most likely refering to 1-andro. It has estrogenic effects unlike haiduts androsterone which significantly improve libido IMO

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can androsterone cause limp penis as people on you tube report ?

I have never seen reports of true androsterone causing limp penis. It may affect libido in higher doses but so far the reports on penis effects I have seen have been all positive.

Frankdee20

YouTubers are most likely refering to 1-andro. It has estrogenic effects unlike haiduts androsterone which significantly improve libido IMO

You’re right, it’s 1 andro. I’d like to try regular androsterone. So how does this differ from Androstenol ?

Frankdee20

There’s too many intermediates to follow lol

jitsmonkey

I am posting this study as a response to the attacks I keep getting over email and PM, claiming that there absolutely no evidence for my statements that progesterone has androgenic effects (depending on the dose). As I mentioned in many other threads, progesterone is actually a true ligand for the androgen receptor and binds it as an agonist (depending on the concentration). This properly of progesterone served as the inspiration for the development of quite a few anabolic/androgenic steroids based on synthetic progestins. And as the study notes, progesterone and the synthetic (androgenic) progestins have about the same effectiveness as androgenic agents on a milligram basis.
Personally, I think progesterone is best combined with an androgen like DHT, T, androsterone, or even DHEA to balance its feminizing effects through the progesterone receptor (PR). But even when used on its own, in lower doses, progesterone can probably be a much safer alternative to HRT therapy with T in males.

PROGESTERONE IS ANDROGENIC | Endocrinology | Oxford Academic

"...That progesterone will repair as well as prevent castration changes is evident from the fact that dosages of 9.0 to 35.0 mg. daily given for 7 days to animals which had been castrated 20 days before treatment was started (litters 7 and 8, table 3), produced definite cytological evidence of secretory function in the ventral prostates. An increase in weight of the gland was also evident even with such a short period of treatment. The prostate of the animal given 35.0 mg. daily weighed 2.81 times that of the control, and the prostate of the animal given 17.5 mg. daily was 1.9 times that of the control. On the basis of the few animals used, no great difference was noted between the androgenic effects of a milligram of progesterone and its equivalent, an i.u. of progestin. For example, the average prostatic weight of the animals receiving 3.0 mg. of progesterone daily for 20 days was 69.1 mg., while that of animals receiving 3.0 i.u. of progestin for the same period was 66.0 mg."

"...Large amounts of progesterone and of progestin given to castrate male rats maintain or stimulate the prostates and, to a lesser extent, the seminal vesicles. These sexual accessories increase in weight with such treatment and display cytological evidence'of secretory function. An increase in size of the clitoris can also be obtained by administration of progesterone. From these facts, it is concluded that progesterone is androgenic."

this parallels my experience with BROgesterone.
the fear males have of this substance is truly laughable
Haidut... for those giving you a hard time on this topic both privately and publicly #FTF

B

Braveheart

Haidut... for those giving you a hard time on this topic both privately and publicly #FTF
:darts:

alywest

The pharma products are suspicious simply because there is no telling what else is inside them. Some of them contain soy isoflavones to enhance transdermal absorption, but it negates to a great degree the androgenic effects of those steroids. It would be safest from a compounding pharmacy or if you make it yourself.

The soy isoflavones are also in progest-e by kenogen, so they negate andronergic effects? Interesting...

jitsmonkey

The soy isoflavones are also in progest-e by kenogen, so they negate andronergic effects? Interesting...

progest-e is not the same product Ray once recommended
the formulation has changed. Idealabs and HealthNatura's progesterone products are far superior

alywest

progest-e is not the same product Ray once recommended
the formulation has changed. Idealabs and HealthNatura's progesterone products are far superior
Yes I agree, however a lot of people are still using it so I'm trying to get the word out. Apparently RP was even recommending it as of recently so I'm not sure he's aware of the addition of the soy isoflavones.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks for the support. I think the attacks are coming mostly from people using AAS or having PFS induced by the synthetic progestin Finasteride. Since posting this, I seem to be getting less hate-mail so maybe the tide is changing.

REOSIRENS

I have progesterone and it is very useful as prolactin inhibitor and in terms of increasing metabolism... But I only use it with magnesium...potassium and 7 Keto because by itself doesn't seem to have pronounced androgenic effects(and in high doses it lowers testosterone)... I will vouch for low dose of pregnenolone(5mg or 10mg) in terms of raising androgens...

Owen B

I thought i knew a little something about stress coming from a trauma background but I realize I'm confused about some of the terms used in many of these threads about prog, preg, DHEA, T etc.

Is anabolic the same thing as androgenic? Is that a distinction that's made on the catabolic side too?

I get the point that Haidut is making about some androgens having an "anabolic" effect due to their ability to block cortisol, but I get the feeling I'm missing some other important distinction.

Is this the distinction between healthy anabolic activity vs. unhealthy anabolic? (Same for catabolic?)

BTW, i realize that progesterone is not made from soy. My question was about chemicals like T being compounded from soy. Which they are. But out of curiousity I contacted AndroGel. They told me that it was once compounded from soy, but is no longer. They would not say what it is compounded from. They said they used isoflavones for skin absorption, though not what kind, and claimed they were inactive.

That's my 2 cents.

Owen B

I've been on about 10 mgs a day Progestene for a couple of weeks, taking only a little Estroban every now and then.

Started feeling a little crashed out and withdrawn so i experimented with a little DHEA which I usually don't do well with.

Not bad at all! So maybe not having enough progesterone in my system was a problem for me with the DHEA. I always felt a little jumpy and fidgety with it. But I ground up 1-2 mgs and took it on top of the progesterone and felt quite balanced.

Nice combo!

Entropy

Also having better results with Progest + DHEA than progesterone solo.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought i knew a little something about stress coming from a trauma background but I realize I'm confused about some of the terms used in many of these threads about prog, preg, DHEA, T etc.

Is anabolic the same thing as androgenic? Is that a distinction that's made on the catabolic side too?

I get the point that Haidut is making about some androgens having an "anabolic" effect due to their ability to block cortisol, but I get the feeling I'm missing some other important distinction.

Is this the distinction between healthy anabolic activity vs. unhealthy anabolic? (Same for catabolic?)

BTW, i realize that progesterone is not made from soy. My question was about chemicals like T being compounded from soy. Which they are. But out of curiousity I contacted AndroGel. They told me that it was once compounded from soy, but is no longer. They would not say what it is compounded from. They said they used isoflavones for skin absorption, though not what kind, and claimed they were inactive.

That's my 2 cents.

I think this thread below may answer some of your questions. If the "anabolic" (growth) effects come mainly from cell division which is what estrogen, HGH, prolactin and IGF do then it is usually not a good thing. I think the "good" anabolic effects we think of is just strong opposition to cortisol plus stimulation of protein synthesis (usually through androgenic receptors). There is no "anabolic" receptor per se.
The Requirements For An Optimal Anticatabolic / Anabolic Substance

Antonello

I think the issue is lowering cortisol too much which is needed for morning wakefulness. After a few hours of wakefulness, cortisol can be abated without causing drowsiness if used in physiological doses. Drowsiness can still occur in higher doses but if done afternoon it feels more like drunkenness and less like sleepiness.
What would be a physiological dose of progesterone to take from noon to evening for support the circadian cortisol rhythm? Thanks

Mossy

I've been on about 10 mgs a day Progestene for a couple of weeks, taking only a little Estroban every now and then.

Started feeling a little crashed out and withdrawn so i experimented with a little DHEA which I usually don't do well with.

Not bad at all! So maybe not having enough progesterone in my system was a problem for me with the DHEA. I always felt a little jumpy and fidgety with it. But I ground up 1-2 mgs and took it on top of the progesterone and felt quite balanced.

Nice combo!
Hi Owen, I'd be curious to know how this combo has worked out for you. I'm hyper-sensitive to most supplements, especially hormones, and I'm always looking for success stories that I might be able to mimic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals