Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

japanesedude

Has anyone experienced androgenic effects from low doses?
some people claims they got androgenic effects from 20mg transdermal Progesterone(from other products) and I assume that Progestene has better absorption.
so we can achieve these effects by using much smaller doses.

Owen B

Understoodco, thanks.
Sorry to sound like a broken record on this Progestene/progesterone thing but here's my latest.

The camphor version was more sedating - not a bad thing itself - but after I've been experimenting with Gonadin I'm getting completely different effects.

I was getting the heart pounding and huge involuntary surges of respiratory volume and you replied that it was probably the progesterone. I was confused because I saw reports of thermogenic effects from progesterone and I always associated the stuff with cooling and moderating.

But now even after not taking the Gonadin for 4-5 days I take a little Progestene and in 15 mins my head is burning, heart pounding and breath is deeper. So it's definitely the progesterone.

Are these effects OK? I really liked the Gonadin but I'm a little worried. I've never experienced such energy. The pounding was preventing me from sleeping. There was also a kind of pregnenolone effect with a lot of adrenaline.

What could I use to bank some of those effects so I could at least sleep? Clonidine, guanfacine?

I want to continue to use the Gonadin but I'm going to have to really temper it. It all feels - not withstanding - stress reducing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry to sound like a broken record on this Progestene/progesterone thing but here's my latest.

The camphor version was more sedating - not a bad thing itself - but after I've been experimenting with Gonadin I'm getting completely different effects.

I was getting the heart pounding and huge involuntary surges of respiratory volume and you replied that it was probably the progesterone. I was confused because I saw reports of thermogenic effects from progesterone and I always associated the stuff with cooling and moderating.

But now even after not taking the Gonadin for 4-5 days I take a little Progestene and in 15 mins my head is burning, heart pounding and breath is deeper. So it's definitely the progesterone.

Are these effects OK? I really liked the Gonadin but I'm a little worried. I've never experienced such energy. The pounding was preventing me from sleeping. There was also a kind of pregnenolone effect with a lot of adrenaline.

What could I use to bank some of those effects so I could at least sleep? Clonidine, guanfacine?

I want to continue to use the Gonadin but I'm going to have to really temper it. It all feels - not withstanding - stress reducing.

Not sure what to tell you about progesterone - its thermogenic and positive chonotropi/ionotropic effects (heart beat) are well-known and something to be expected.
But since you asked about mitigation - taurine and inosine, as well as some extra salt are supposed to mitigate high adrenaline.

managing

My wife has been taking for about 3 weeks now. 3 drops topically 3x/day. Definitely has had positive mood effects, but still getting hot flashes.

Suggestions as to how she should proceed to eliminate hot flashes?

Also taking ~500mg magnesium glycinate each day. Nothing else pharma or supplemental. I am mostly able to keep her away from PUFA. Otherwise a diverse but not particularly RP inspired diet (but still significantly better than SAD).

Ulysses

For how long after the application of a standard dose will the SFA esters continue to facilitate absorption through my skin?

ddjd

This stuff makes my skin so soft. Almost TOO soft. I keep rubbing my face - it's literally like a babies bottom. Also morning temps where they should be. Only been using this for a month.

i also noticed skin softness and im pretty sure its from the Progestene.

Its interesting because neither Progest-e or Simply progesterone from health natura had this effect. Im sure its a good sign!

mostlylurking

I found it yesterday by using a search engine. At that time there were two individual website pages that were not linked to each other so it made navigating on the IdeaLabs site difficult. The links to these two pages are slightly different from the one you provided above. I've made note and saved this better link, IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals. I can provide you with the other two links if you want; posting them here would just spread the confusion. Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I found it yesterday by using a search engine. At that time there were two individual website pages that were not linked to each other so it made navigating on the IdeaLabs site difficult. The links to these two pages are slightly different from the one you provided above. I've made note and saved this better link, IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals. I can provide you with the other two links if you want; posting them here would just spread the confusion. Thanks.

We have 2 pages for legal reasons, not to confuse people on purpose. Credit card processing company wants separate pages for supplements and R&D chemicals, and it thinks ALL steroids should be on the R&D page. No matter how much we tried to explain progesterone is perfectly legal and used by humans they do not care. Hence the 2 separate pages. There is also am unofficial link that has all of them on one page.
IdeaLabs Online Store - Serving Customers Worldwide

johnsmith

I've had suspicion for a long time that the low dose progesterone might give me an irritated mood, and after using CortiNon for a week straight recently, I was almost positive that it was causing a stress response. (I normally do fine with Pregnenolone)

So I decided to try a stronger dose of progesterone, to see if it would counter the estrogenic like responses that the low dose seemed to possibly cause.

I took 40-50mg of Progestene topically, in the morning for three days and felt great! It didn't even make me overly tired, although I did have 1-2 short naps daily. I felt more functional, motivated, etc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've had suspicion for a long time that the low dose progesterone might give me an irritated mood, and after using CortiNon for a week straight recently, I was almost positive that it was causing a stress response. (I normally do fine with Pregnenolone)

So I decided to try a stronger dose of progesterone, to see if it would counter the estrogenic like responses that the low dose seemed to possibly cause.

I took 40-50mg of Progestene topically, in the morning for three days and felt great! It didn't even make me overly tired, although I did have 1-2 short naps daily. I felt more functional, motivated, etc.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I think the higher doses may have lowered/blocked cortisol as well while the lower doses only raised allopregnanolone, and the latter is known to sometimes produce irritated mood. Blocking cortisol has strong mood-improving effect independently of the levels of allopregnanolone or other neurosteroids.

Makrosky

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I think the higher doses may have lowered/blocked cortisol as well while the lower doses only raised allopregnanolone, and the latter is known to sometimes produce irritated mood. Blocking cortisol has strong mood-improving effect independently of the levels of allopregnanolone or other neurosteroids.
Sorry for jumping in your conversation but I am very interested on these kind of reactions. DHEA can produce very irritable moods and stress reactions for me and others (probably aromatization). He says he was using cortinon so maybe it was not the allopregnenolone pathway but the DHEA being aromatized that caused the issues?

johnsmith

Sorry for jumping in your conversation but I am very interested on these kind of reactions. DHEA can produce very irritable moods and stress reactions for me and others (probably aromatization). He says he was using cortinon so maybe it was not the allopregnenolone pathway but the DHEA being aromatized that caused the issues?
I was pondering the same possibility. But I'll add that I have years of experience with Pansterone and I've never pin pointed anything with it that was as noticeable as that stint with CortiNon. Next time I try CortiNon, I'll try taking extra Progesterone with it.

I do however have a new suspicion that I like high doses of Pregnenolone (topical StressNon) by it's self more then the normal serving size dose of Pansterone. I'll try adding adding some extra Preg to Pan at some point.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

That is possible too, but if CortiNon is used as suggested (no more than 5mg DHEA per dose) the chance of aromatization is very low even in hypothyroid people due to the presence of progesterone. I guess the test would be to try only progesterone, first a low and then higher doses and compare the effects. If it is allopregnanolone causing the irritability then low dose progesterone will also have the effects CortiNon did.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was pondering the same possibility. But I'll add that I have years of experience with Pansterone and I've never pin pointed anything with it that was as noticeable as that stint with CortiNon. Next time I try CortiNon, I'll try taking extra Progesterone with it.

I do however have a new suspicion that I like high doses of Pregnenolone (topical StressNon) by it's self more then the normal serving size dose of Pansterone. I'll try adding adding some extra Preg to Pan at some point.

I think it might be a bit of both

Higher dose topical pregnenolone may actually raise T more than Pansterone does. I think Pansterone favors the DHT route, as shown by studies and people's blood tests. So, a topical pregnenolone dose of say 20mg-30mg and then a dose Pansterone may be better than just a dose of Pansterone on its own.

johnsmith

Higher dose topical pregnenolone may actually raise T more than Pansterone does. I think Pansterone favors the DHT route, as shown by studies and people's blood tests. So, a topical pregnenolone dose of say 20mg-30mg and then a dose Pansterone may be better than just a dose of Pansterone on its own.
Thanks. Low testosterone levels is something that I'm trying to raise.

Last edited: