Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

goodandevil

Not sure where exactly did you see bullying, where nobody else did, including the comment poster...But let's ask the OP just to confirm. Hey @TreasureVibe - did you feel my response was bullying in any way?
All I said is that it is better to provide objective and verifiable information than fearmonger based on blog posts with no references. Maybe I overreacted a bit but still, all I did was ask for objective criticism instead of FUD. I provided one good review of camphor safety/toxicity. It quantifies what is dangerous/safe exposure for both adults and humans and the amount in an entire bottle of Progestene is less than what would be considered dangerous for a baby. If you have references that camphor is dangerous in even smaller doses then please post here. Even better, if you have something from Peat on the topic I would love to hear/see it. Btw, here is a quote from Peat on camphor. How am I mis-using his name by simply re-stating what he said in one of his articles?
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 1
"...Things that act directly on the water structure: I think all of the natural regulators have an effect on the structure of water, but some unusual substances seem to act primarily on the water. Noble gases, for example, have no chemical effects, but they tend to form "cages" of water molecules around themselves. Camphor, adamantane, and the antiviral drug amantadine, probably have a similar water-structuring effect, and amantadine, which is widely used as a therapy in Parkinson's disease, has an anti-excitotoxic action."

He also speaks VERY favorably of both camphor and its derivatives like adamantane/amantadine/etc in a few interviews in regards to Alzheimers. You can find them if you search for "camphor" in the LIGHT search engine.

Do you want to see true bullying? Check the link below. I would have posted the entire exchange here but there is so much profanity in there it would violate the ToS of this forum.
5a-dihydroprogesterone-5a-dhp-pro-hormone. without DMSO
You aren't even on that forum haidut. Old boy just asked a simple question, and here you are again saying he's fear mongering. Take some stressnon and calm down.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You aren't even on that forum haidut. Old boy just asked a simple question, and here you are again saying he's fear mongering. Take some stressnon and calm down.

I am calm and not the one accusing people of bullying.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Owen B

Interesting. You mean the one with camphor in it, right? Any other effects you notice - i.e. longer lasting effects, less fever-inducing, etc? The camphor is supposed to affect those as well.
Right, it's the camphor. I can't really say about any other effects. It just seems to have a stronger sedating effect than the previous types. For the same dose (4-5 mgs).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Right, it's the camphor. I can't really say about any other effects. It just seems to have a stronger sedating effect than the previous types. For the same dose (4-5 mgs).

Understood, thanks.

Owen B

Update on the Progestene.

Am I the only one who finds this overwhelming?

Taking this is like taking knockout drops. (No, I'm not trapped in a 40's noir film).

A couple of drops and I'm asleep.

It also completely neutralizes any genital sensation.

Can we please go back to the normally sedating version with the SFAs?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update on the Progestene.

Am I the only one who finds this overwhelming?

Taking this is like taking knockout drops. (No, I'm not trapped in a 40's noir film).

A couple of drops and I'm asleep.

It also completely neutralizes any genital sensation.

Can we please go back to the normally sedating version with the SFAs?

You mean the version with camphor knocks you out? Yes, we will revert back to the version without camphor as some users complained they can't handle the odor. It's a pity, since a more potent product gives you more bang for the buck and lasts longer.

Owen B

You mean the version with camphor knocks you out? Yes, we will revert back to the version without camphor as some users complained they can't handle the odor. It's a pity, since a more potent product gives you more bang for the buck and lasts longer.
I know what you're saying, but it's just so strong.

And I don't really mind the smell though it's very irritating to my throat orally.

Tenacity

What is behind the variability in response? I took about 50mg of progesterone last night and felt nothing.

Dave Clark

I'm on the other side of the coin, if I use progesterone at night it wires me, but okay during the day. Does that mean I shouldn't be using it, or do some people have opposite effects? I was thinking about trying the camphor version at night to see if it made a difference, but if it is going to be discontinued I won't bother.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is behind the variability in response? I took about 50mg of progesterone last night and felt nothing.

Was it 50mg of Progestene?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm on the other side of the coin, if I use progesterone at night it wires me, but okay during the day. Does that mean I shouldn't be using it, or do some people have opposite effects? I was thinking about trying the camphor version at night to see if it made a difference, but if it is going to be discontinued I won't bother.

Some people reported the wired effects. Have you tried taking with some salt? Progesterone is aldosterone antagonist and it tends to make you pee out salt. So, if salt in the diet is low to start with it can result in higher adrenaline.

Tenacity

Was it 50mg of Progestene?
No, it was Progest-E. I've been seeing reports here that a few drops had effects in some members, so I wondered what the difference between either us or the products might be.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
No, it was Progest-E. I've been seeing reports here that a few drops had effects in some members, so I wondered what the difference between either us or the products might be.

I honestly don't know. The version with camphor was reported to be more potent. But both products contain progesterone so they should have similar effects. I guess short of trying there is no way to compare the two.

LUH 3417

I honestly don't know. The version with camphor was reported to be more potent. But both products contain progesterone so they should have similar effects. I guess short of trying there is no way to compare the two.
The progestene with camphor produced a euphoric/sleepy mood that knocked me out straight through the night. The one with ethanol and SFA helps me get to bed but I keep waking up to pee (out salt?). I used to use progestE and never experienced any euphoric or anesthetic effects even in large doses (2 teaspoons at a time).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The progestene with camphor produced a euphoric/sleepy mood that knocked me out straight through the night. The one with ethanol and SFA helps me get to bed but I keep waking up to pee (out salt?). I used to use progestE and never experienced any euphoric or anesthetic effects even in large doses (2 teaspoons at a time).

Very interesting, thanks. We may produce two versions with Progestene going forward - one with camhor and one without. The camphor seems to be adding an extra kick, as was intended. It has very interesting properties of its own and it also anti-prolactin. So, it synergizes nicely with progesterone's opposition to estrogen.

LUH 3417

Very interesting, thanks. We may produce two versions with Progestene going forward - one with camhor and one without. The camphor seems to be adding an extra kick, as was intended. It has very interesting properties of its own and it also anti-prolactin. So, it synergizes nicely with progesterone's opposition to estrogen.
The one with just ethanol and SFA reminds me more of progestE. It could just be me, but I feel like both exacerbate estrogen dominance even in high doses (frequent urination, kind of weepy and sad). The camphor one actually felt like all the great things ray attributes to progesterone in his articles, so I’d be happy if you kept the camphor option.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The one with just ethanol and SFA reminds me more of progestE. It could just be me, but I feel like both exacerbate estrogen dominance even in high doses (frequent urination, kind of weepy and sad). The camphor one actually felt like all the great things ray attributes to progesterone in his articles, so I’d be happy if you kept the camphor option.

Noted, thanks. I think it is a good idea to have 2 versions. I also like the camphor version more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals