Progest-E Bizarre First Experience

DannyIrons™

Hi folks,

Just looking for some advice, I took 2 drops of Progrst-E under the tongue earlier for the first time, and I feel incredibly spaced out.

I’ve read other posts where people feel like this for up to 24 hours and even more, but I don’t think I’d be able to drive my car right now, and I have work in the morning.

I took the dose and fell asleep in the sun for 30 mins, when I woke up I had a strange headache, it’s been about 3ish hours and I still feel spaced out still.

I’ve had plenty of food since to try and maybe calm symptoms but I don’t know, I still feel wired, my anxiety and paranoia has calmed a little now since earlier but it was quite uncomfortable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave Clark

Not an expert on progesterone, but maybe you should have tried topical first, and starting at one drop. Also, people react differently to progesterone, most will take it and it helps them sleep, I tried it before bedtime (at only one drop) and felt wired all night. Kept trying it before bedtime, and got the same effects, so I use it in the AM and late afternoon with no problems (topical, on wrists). I may get brave and give the bedtime dose a go sometime again, but not anxious to do so.

ddjd

I don't understand how people call it drops. When I use it it comes out like a long string, there's no way you could measure it as a drop

L

lollipop

I don't understand how people call it drops. When I use it it comes out like a long string, there's no way you could measure it as a drop
You can if the bottle is room temperature. If it is cold, you are correct, it gets tricky to measure.

A. squamosa

Maybe two drops is too much for you, or maybe you've taken it at the wrong time of day for you, or perhaps it revved up your metabolism and your body didn't have the fuel to keep up with it?
Once the symptoms have subsided perhaps try experimenting with less and at different times of the day. I'm not sure if men have to use progesterone strategically with a hormone cycle, but I know women do - maybe check that out?
Personally it takes me something like 30 drops to feel an effect!

*edit: that mental effect, not a physical effect

Last edited:

A. squamosa

+ also try your best to rub it into your gums rather than having it sit somewhere you can swallow it - that might not affect you at all, but I'm fairly sure that swallowing it enhances issues with it for me, so perhaps worth experimenting with.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

@lisaferraro mine was at room temperature and I put it in the refrigerator after I had opened and used it, but it was stringy like @Joeyd mentioned, I just did what I could to get a max of 2 drops but it did seem a very arbitrary measurement.

@A. squamosa I did have some nausea definitely, I'm still spaced out this morning, what causes that? Very weird sensation. I had an awful nights sleep as well but sleep is my number 1 problem so it doesn't surprise me that that was affected.

I might try sticking with Peat food recommendations for the time being, I've had no tests done recently so I was essentially diving in the deep end, I've had good results so far with the carrot salad after only a few weeks, my food intolerances seem to have improved a lot and can drink a lot of goats milk. I thought I'd give it a try and I've heard good feedback about it, especially as I consider myself to have had significant issues due to estrogen.

Once I feel normal again, I'll have a debrief and figure out the best option going forward.

goodandevil

Have you had your tsh tested? If your thyroid gland is enlarged or swollen the progesterone will cause it to dump the thyroid colloid. It's one of the real cases of hyperthyroidism ray mentioned.

Arnold Grape

If I'm not mistaken, the sickness/ re: hangover symptoms when first taking progesterone is some action of estrogen being released from your tissue stores. I would half the dose and possibly skip to every other day or when stressed out to use. IME these symptoms will pass, but I would objectively examine why you're taking this to begin with and then go from there. Prog is powerful.

Obi-wan

If I'm not mistaken, the sickness/ re: hangover symptoms when first taking progesterone is some action of estrogen being released from your tissue stores. I would half the dose and possibly skip to every other day or when stressed out to use. IME these symptoms will pass, but I would objectively examine why you're taking this to begin with and then go from there. Prog is powerful.

I agree and disagree. If you start progesterone you need to go heavy at first to switch over from estrogen dominance to progesterone dominance. This reaction is what makes people stay away from progesterone. When I first started taking progesterone I felt like I was coming down with the flu. Young males should not be taking progesterone but Preg instead. After man-o-pause its a different story...

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro mine was at room temperature and I put it in the refrigerator after I had opened and used it, but it was stringy like @Joeyd mentioned, I just did what I could to get a max of 2 drops but it did seem a very arbitrary measurement.

@A. squamosa I did have some nausea definitely, I'm still spaced out this morning, what causes that? Very weird sensation. I had an awful nights sleep as well but sleep is my number 1 problem so it doesn't surprise me that that was affected.

I might try sticking with Peat food recommendations for the time being, I've had no tests done recently so I was essentially diving in the deep end, I've had good results so far with the carrot salad after only a few weeks, my food intolerances seem to have improved a lot and can drink a lot of goats milk. I thought I'd give it a try and I've heard good feedback about it, especially as I consider myself to have had significant issues due to estrogen.

Once I feel normal again, I'll have a debrief and figure out the best option going forward.
I think there is a trick to measuring drops. I have used at least 30 bottles of Progest-e over the last 2-3 years. I figured it out from experience. Not sure how to describe how to do it. Maybe pressure? I need a scientist standing next to me to explain how I do it - lol.

Obi-wan

I think there is a trick to measuring drops. I have used at least 30 bottles of Progest-e over the last 2-3 years. I figured it out from experience. Not sure how to describe how to do it. Maybe pressure? I need a scientist standing next to me to explain how I do it - lol.
It's knowing when to squeeze and not to squeeze. Hold upside down and do not squeeze at first...

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

Well I've got back home from work, I feel alright - 80% of the 'spacing' has gone but still don't feel totally right, my mood has actually been pretty good today, had a bit more energy than usual. Also found it easier to have a conversation and a bit more quick-witted, I suffer with brain fog and cannot remember words and make sentences flow even though I have quite an extensive vocabulary.

An interesting observation is that when I had my carrot salad today for the first time it gave me headaches, exactly the same kind as 30 minutes after taking the progest-e yesterday. @Arnold Grape maybe this backs up your description of what may have happened? Did the carrot salad disturb the excess estrogen that may have been flushed yesterday? I don't really get how it works fully.

@Obi-wan What would be a reasonable dose of pregnenolone for someone starting out? I think I may try that instead.

Thanks for all the replies folks, top bunch.

Obi-wan

I am not the familiar with preg. Read @haidut's site on it, he offers it thru IdeaLabs. You might have experienced "die -off" with carrot salad...Liver flushes out estrogen...how old are you?

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

I am not the familiar with preg. Read @haidut's site on it, he offers it thru IdeaLabs. You might have experienced "die -off" with carrot salad...Liver flushes out estrogen...how old are you?

I'm a 26 year old Male, although I have certainly never felt/looked that way in comparison to the blokes around me. I have a proliferation of Enterobacter Cloacae Complex in my intestines, so maybe the progest-e could have reacted with that also?

Obi-wan

I'm a 26 year old Male, although I have certainly never felt/looked that way in comparison to the blokes around me. I have a proliferation of Enterobacter Cloacae Complex in my intestines, so maybe the progest-e could have reacted with that also?
Based on your experience it did...no hormones for you until you get that cleared up maybe with antibiotics...no beer or wine