Pregnenolone That Does Not Increase Progesterone

gilson dantas

I have been using 40 mg of pregnenolone per day for more than 3 months; and I use 5 mg progesterone, topical use, per day;
But, recently, progesterone decayed and prolactin increased [indicating estrogenization]. And DHEA did not go up: it's too low;
I use a diet in R Peat logic, and I know there are many factors involved in the hormonal system, but could anyone give me any idea of what's going on?
For example, perhaps while my thyroid is not normalized, has little effect to use pregnenolone? Or the problem is the dose of pregnenolone?
Anyway, if someone have any idea about it, I would like to know.

encerent

Ran into the same problem, labs done after ~40 mg preg for about 4 weeks and had high prolactin and high cortisol. Think preg was converting to stress hormones.

Demyze

Ran into the same problem, labs done after ~40 mg preg for about 4 weeks and had high prolactin and high cortisol. Think preg was converting to stress hormones.

crazy!, what brand were you using?

PaulaV

Why take pregnenolone? You're already taking progesterone. It converts to progesterone anyway, why give your body more work? I really can not understand why Peat recommends taking it as well as progesterone.

milk_lover

From many many experiments, pregnenolone increases progesterone too much that you lose sensitivity in the penis area. Quit it and see how sensitive you will become and how strong your erection will be. One drop of pansterone has enough pregnenolone already if you're applying it. No need to overdo hormones. I've found 1 mg to 3 mg progesterone orally works so much better than any pregnenolone. Just my opinion.

T

tca300

You checked your hormones right before using pregnenolone to verify they weren't already high?
You didn't change anything in your life/food/supplements during using pregnenolone?

From many many experiments, pregnenolone increases progesterone too much that you lose sensitivity in the penis area. Quit it and see how sensitive you will become and how strong your erection will be. One drop of pansterone has enough pregnenolone already if you're applying it. No need to overdo hormones. I've found 1 mg to 3 mg progesterone orally works so much better than any pregnenolone. Just my opinion.

Small dose in pansterone with dhea helps me. But much more than 5mg or so causes my penis to feel numb. Any progesterone makes my penis numb so I don't take it at all, ever.

sele

Small dose in pansterone with dhea helps me. But much more than 5mg or so causes my penis to feel numb. Any progesterone makes my penis numb so I don't take it at all, ever.
Progesterone utilizes calcium in other parts and very little calcium is left for testicles to make testosterone.
Men need extra calcium when using progesterone. :2cents:

milk_lover

Progesterone utilizes calcium in other parts and very little calcium is left for testicles to make testosterone.
Men need extra calcium when using progesterone. :2cents:
Interesting. Never knew that. Maybe that's why coffee latte tastes better for me than black coffee as I feel the calcium in milk compliment coffee's progesterone effect.

encerent

You checked your hormones right before using pregnenolone to verify they weren't already high?
You didn't change anything in your life/food/supplements during using pregnenolone?

No and no. I can't say for sure it's the preg. (In fact it's probably mostly due to poor sleep.) In any case 40mg/day is too much.

B

Braveheart

How much progesterone does a 72 yr old need? Am taking Pansterone 4drops(old formula) Andro 2 drops every other day.....time to revisit my steroid protocol...wonder what Dr. Peat uses...

milk_lover

How much progesterone does a 72 yr old need? Am taking Pansterone 4drops(old formula) Andro 2 drops every other day.....time to revisit my steroid protocol...wonder what Dr. Peat uses...
I think we're taking more DHEA than we need especially if it's dmso. I am trying to lose weight for the summer now and I have quit anything that has the potential to convert to estrogen, DHEA is one of them. Now taking Andro on balls and 7mg pregnenolone orally and so far I don't feel it's making my penis numb. I try to make sure to take glycine and niacinamide at the same time to make pregnenolone conversion androgenic dominantly. I know some of the pregnenolone will convert to progesterone but little bit progesterone shouldn't be a big problem!