Pregnenolone Causes Weight Gain

japanesedude

Pregnenolone causes weight gain even just 10 mg orally.
I have used various amounts of dhea and pregnenolone, but pregnenolone is the only substance that causes weight gain.

It is not muscle. its just a fat. I get ton of fats on my body from pregnenolone.

Pregnenolone is a great nootropic /Antidepsresant/Mood enhancer
but can causes Unfortunate side effects.

A.R

I have used various amounts of dhea and pregnenolone, but pregnenolone is the only substance that causes weight gain.

It is not muscle. its just a fat. I get ton of fats on my body from pregnenolone.

Which parts of your body did you gain the weight?

milk_lover

Same as me!! Did your **** become fat looool??

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Which parts of your body did you gain the weight?

Get fats on Chest,Thigh,****,Lower ab area, Waist . It is a symptom of estrogen excess in all areas you can imagine.
Im currently using Pansterone. but even Pregnenolone combined with DHEA topically, couldn't avoid Weight/fat gain.

Same as me!! Did your **** become fat looool??
Yes unfortunately lol
I have a thick thigh and a muscular butt from a bicycle and a squat, but I got a bad fat on it.

Tarmander

I as well found weight gain occurring on my chest area in very concerning ways, ultimately leading me to stop taking it. Interestingly enough my mom takes it and is rail thin. I wonder if it only makes men gain weight.

sladerunner69

It increases progesterone and in higher doses can actually lower androgens. Androgens tend to have a strong lipolysis affect. That is why when I take progesterone or prefneblone I take a few mg topical dhea or androsterone.

Regina

It increases progesterone and in higher doses can actually lower androgens. Androgens tend to have a strong lipolysis affect. That is why when I take progesterone or prefneblone I take a few mg topical dhea or androsterone.
I don't understand why androgens would have a strong lipolysis affect.

sladerunner69

Well that effect has been conclusively demonstrated with all of the bodybuilders who supplement large amounts of testosterone and dht, and who do not put on much body fat even when consuming 5000 calories or more daily.

I think androgens increase the metabolic rate, we know that androsterone is thyroid mimetic, for instance. Androgens also increase lean muscle mass which burns extra calories...

Aside from the progesterone antagonizung androgens, I cannot think of a reason why it would cause weight gain.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Interestingly enough my mom takes it and is rail thin. I wonder if it only makes men gain weight.

I got fat cheeks but lost fat everywhere else except my boobs. Strange, as a teen and in my 20s I could not increase cup size. I was terribly embarrassed over my lack of cleavage and if I did lose weight it came off my face and boobs. It was quite a shock seeing photos of my fat cheeks. I stopped pregnenolone and tried really hard to not take it if I am stressed. I took 25mg over Easter as it was another cooking, feeding and serving marathon. My face is looking more youthful now and I am going to trial fasting and exercise to tone my body. Yeah, I know not Peaty-correct but I will be fasting on potato water as I have currently a bumper crop. We are heading into winter and I can't bring myself to eat any more fruit and milk which worked beautifully in losing the weight. I currently have quinces which are lovely stewed with apples and custard. Persimmons will coming in the dead of winter and that will be as far as my fruit consumption goes. My body does not want sweet now. I will only be doing short fasts. Last meal by 4pm and bed early - that is going to be a challenge!! I am praying there will be no crises to attend to over winter. I want boring uneventful days. That's the plan for winter. Lots of walking around these hills where I live and lots of outdoor work in my garden. I am investing heavily in my garden and animals.

TubZy

It is not fat, mostly water retention probably from the increase in progesterone (too much = anti androgenic symptoms). Add in some DHEA, niacinamide, androsterone etc. anything that will boost DHT is androgenic and it should help dump it.

Are you under a lot of stress, how is your diet, are you in shape etc?

Tarmander

I got fat cheeks but lost fat everywhere else except my boobs. Strange, as a teen and in my 20s I could not increase cup size. I was terribly embarrassed over my lack of cleavage and if I did lose weight it came off my face and boobs. It was quite a shock seeing photos of my fat cheeks. I stopped pregnenolone and tried really hard to not take it if I am stressed. I took 25mg over Easter as it was another cooking, feeding and serving marathon. My face is looking more youthful now and I am going to trial fasting and exercise to tone my body. Yeah, I know not Peaty-correct but I will be fasting on potato water as I have currently a bumper crop. We are heading into winter and I can't bring myself to eat any more fruit and milk which worked beautifully in losing the weight. I currently have quinces which are lovely stewed with apples and custard. Persimmons will coming in the dead of winter and that will be as far as my fruit consumption goes. My body does not want sweet now. I will only be doing short fasts. Last meal by 4pm and bed early - that is going to be a challenge!! I am praying there will be no crises to attend to over winter. I want boring uneventful days. That's the plan for winter. Lots of walking around these hills where I live and lots of outdoor work in my garden. I am investing heavily in my garden and animals.

Your life sounds wonderful! Don't fast too much, it'll ruin your enjoyment of it long term while making it seem magical short term. I can't imagine worrying too much about my weight if I lived your life.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

I as well found weight gain occurring on my chest area in very concerning ways, ultimately leading me to stop taking it. Interestingly enough my mom takes it and is rail thin. I wonder if it only makes men gain weight.
DHEA has strong androgenic,anabolic effects on Woman.but I don't know that Pregnenolone has exactly same effects.

Pregnenolone is mainly converting to Progesterone.and Progesterone is anti estrogenic,can raise T and DHT at lower doses.
because Androgen is a Anabolic

maybe u arent getting enough of minerals

I was using 50mg Zinc and 2mg copper with Pansterone. but It was not a good stack.
because It didn't gives me libido or any kind of androgenic related effects.
Zinc can raise T and DHT at around 50mg.

I've read that DHEA can Increase Breast size.
It is funny that DHEA can actually increase Penis size when it used on Penis.

Im confused lol

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

It is not fat, mostly water retention probably from the increase in progesterone (too much = anti androgenic symptoms). Add in some DHEA, niacinamide, androsterone etc. anything that will boost DHT is androgenic and it should help dump it.

Are you under a lot of stress, how is your diet, are you in shape etc?

wow I didn't know that Progesterone can causes water retension, Im using Pansterone around 4drops(can't measure correctly because of dropper issues)
which means Im using 4mg of Pansterone and Pregnenolone .but it is solved in DMSO.
so Its possible that Im actually using 40mg Pregnenolone and 40mg DHEA.

Pansterone makes me sleepy and gives me dry joints. and I think its from low cortisol.
I already ordered Androsterone to stack with Pansterone.
but I am afraid that it will give a joint pain...

my diet works .
but the weight gain that from Pregnenolone is really annoying and never goes away lol
I wish Androsterone will take care of this.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Your life sounds wonderful! Don't fast too much, it'll ruin your enjoyment of it long term while making it seem magical short term. I can't imagine worrying too much about my weight if I lived your life.

My life has been filled with one extreme stressful event after another. I have been working hard to change my life to be more balanced and in tune with nature. This is not to the liking of the many people around me. So I have had to fight hard to stick to my guns and protect my garden and the lifestyle I want for myself. People think why do you work so hard to put food on the table. It has taken me years to build and nurture my topsoil- it has not been the easiest terrain to work with. My little plot of land could feed a whole community. People love to take bags of fruit and vegetables but they never think this poor woman works so hard in her garden, why don't I pick the fruit myself or voluteer to help in the garden. Women come with their painted faces and their painted nails and say things "you are so lucky to have such lovely fruit". They have no problems eating it but are clueless on how much work and care it takes to produce it.

People say how can you be bothered. I only need to visit the supermarket or greengrocer to remind myself that it is not just about the money I save but more importantly that my produce is superior quality grown. without glyphosate and other chemical inputs. I cater for all our family celebrations and again I am asked "how can you be bothered, wouldn't you just want to relax and have it catered for an outside caterer" "It is cheaper to get someone else to do it". No Way!! The reason it is cheaper is because the produce is cheap and nasty, drenched in PUFAs.

I recently attended my niece's 21st which was catered for. I could only eat from the fruit and cheese platter because the rest of the food was finger foods that had been fried and came with dipping sauces - even more PUFAs :( So basically I have to eat home before going out. Too stressful and you don't want to be rude apologizing that you can't eat the food. Unlike others, I feel the hypo-metabolic effects of PUFAs immediately the following day. For me it is clear like day and night. Other people have no reference point because their diet is laden with these toxic fats and oils. Years of hard work can be so easily brought undone - not worth it.

I don't think I could do long fasts - love my food too much. I just want to fast long enough to strip the fat from my liver. I have been looking at Fibroscan which non-invasively assesses the degree of fat deposition and scar tissue in the liver. I want one but may be expensive. I hate having to guess all the time.

Fractality

Pregnenolone might be lowering cortisol and revealing a sluggish metabolism underneath.

superhuman

I agree with @TubZy. No way it causes you to suddenly store fat. The only possible reason is that it lowers some stress hormones that may have kept your metabolic rate higher because of cortisol and adrenaline and if your Thyroid is not up to par and cant kick in and manage the energy that you "lost" from adrenaline/cortisol that can cause you to store some more fat. But that is the only real reason i can think off?

Except of course water retention, but pregnenolone should do the opposite in regards to its mechanisms and what RP talks about.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Pregnenolone might be lowering cortisol and revealing a sluggish metabolism underneath

These were my thoughts. I felt really good when I first started taking pregnenolone. Lots of energy and stamina - really good. I could push myself further but felt like I was running on adrenaline. I lowered the dose and then it no longer worked. I started to feel drowsy in the afternoons and lethargic, not bouncing out bed but wanting to sleep in later to 8.30am. I added thyroid which made me feel even worse even though my temps and pulse were high. I think it may have been due to an adaptation due to my body not being able to make endogenous preg as I had been supplying it pre-formed. I have just received my hormone test kit. Soon all will be revealed. I have reduced all the aromatase inhibitors except for a tiny bit of coffee and mushrooms. I think I was doing too much.

So it has taken some time for my energy levels to come up again without preg. and I find if I cut my fat intake, I get the same bouts of energy as when I was taking pregnenlone. This got me all excited in wanting to cut my fat intake lower but found out it was not so easy. One of the drawbacks of cutting fat was not being able to sleep. I cut fat% from 20 to 15% and was looking to go to 10%. I am going to sit at 15% and hope my liver is going to be happy with this. I felt I could stay up all night without being tired - not what I wanted. I also started craving fat - slabs of butter on bread. So it seems, too much fat makes me sluggish and too little fat makes me hyper. I am now trying to figure out my sweet spot.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Pregnenolone increase my body temp quite noticeably. Its almost like a mild fever.
and ofcourse it gives me ton of fats too.
I may got high estrogen from Pregnenolone.

DHEA has strong androgenic,anabolic effects on Woman.but I don't know that Pregnenolone has exactly same effects.

Pregnenolone is mainly converting to Progesterone.and Progesterone is anti estrogenic,can raise T and DHT at lower doses.

because Androgen is a Anabolic

I was using 50mg Zinc and 2mg copper with Pansterone. but It was not a good stack.
because It didn't gives me libido or any kind of androgenic related effects.
Zinc can raise T and DHT at around 50mg.

I've read that DHEA can Increase Breast size.
It is funny that DHEA can actually increase Penis size when it used on Penis.

Im confused lol

nah... i mean magnesium and potassium and sodium and calcium more, u prob arent getting enough magnesium tbh

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals