Preg, Prog, DHEA Skincare/anti-age

LeeLemonoil

I‘m interested in the properties of this 3 rather easily available hormones that are also discussed in depth by Dr. P and on the Forum as topical agents for so called „anti-age“ facecare.
Are they suitable to modify skin parameters to a more „youthful“ appearance (less wrinkles, skin thickness, moisture etc.).

What is the underlying MoA?

Which of the 3 is more suitable for female or male skin if there are differences?

Does the age of the applier influence activity?

There are a few studies and publications on the topic out there, I‘ll compile them gradually here. Pls feel free to contribute if you like.
Most studies are done on menopausal women, but I‘m also interested in effects on men and women of all ages.

Dave Clark

Progesterons facial cream looks promising for women for optical anti-she effects. Don’t know if males would profit similarly:
Effects and side-effects of 2% progesterone cream on the skin of peri- and postmenopausal women: results from a double-blind, vehicle-controlled, ran... - PubMed - NCBI
I know I have been using a homemade progesterone cream on my face for over a year, and I can say my skin has never felt or looked better. I got the idea from a site that sells progesterone cream, and users raved about the effects on facial skin, soft, smooth, etc. I blend about 18 drops in about 3 ozs. of coconut oil. You can add in essential oils or whatever else you feel helps the skin. Works better than any expensive creams.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Thanks for the input @Dave Clark

Do you notice any „unmalish“ effects from it? Bloated tissue or more subcoutaneous fat, reduced beard growth?
Thanks!

Anders86

I use a combination of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone and a couple other substances in MCT. I find the combination very satisfying and gives a glow right away. I feel it firms and soothes my skin, and get both physical and psychological effects. I have only done this for 3-4 weeks and I'm curious how it will affect moles, stretch marks, hair growt etc. in the future. I have had no bloathing, actually much less bloating and feeling very good. I do a session with infrared before application.

I'm curious if Aspirin will increase topical absorbtion as it increases blood flow.

baccheion

I know I have been using a homemade progesterone cream on my face for over a year, and I can say my skin has never felt or looked better. I got the idea from a site that sells progesterone cream, and users raved about the effects on facial skin, soft, smooth, etc. I blend about 18 drops in about 3 ozs. of coconut oil. You can add in essential oils or whatever else you feel helps the skin. Works better than any expensive creams.
Any before/afters? I keep reading reports, but there aren't any visuals or lab results.

Dave Clark

Thanks for the input @Dave Clark

Do you notice any „unmalish“ effects from it? Bloated tissue or more subcoutaneous fat, reduced beard growth?
Thanks!
I have noticed no negative effects, no acne, redness, tissue or fat problems, etc. Just softer, smoother, more vibrant skin. And, the amount of progesterone isn't enough to cause any hormone issue systemically, it's just enough to affect the skin. I am still learning, but maybe other compounds may be synergistic with the progesterone for skin health, like DHEA, preg., etc., plus other botanicals and nutrients like B3, etc. But honestly, this simple progesterone cream has shown me the best skin health compared to other expensive creams, plus homemade allows you to leave out parabens and other undesirable chemicals.

ebs

I have noticed no negative effects, no acne, redness, tissue or fat problems, etc. Just softer, smoother, more vibrant skin. And, the amount of progesterone isn't enough to cause any hormone issue systemically, it's just enough to affect the skin. I am still learning, but maybe other compounds may be synergistic with the progesterone for skin health, like DHEA, preg., etc., plus other botanicals and nutrients like B3, etc. But honestly, this simple progesterone cream has shown me the best skin health compared to other expensive creams, plus homemade allows you to leave out parabens and other undesirable chemicals.

Which progesterone brand are you using?

haidut

Forum Supporter