Post Your Urea Success Stories

aquaman

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but wanted to do an update (tagging ecstatichamster).

So, when I tried Urea orally earlier this year for a week or so, didn't really notice much one way, or another. Didn't think much of it, but after doing some dietary tweaks and reviewing old data, I has some interesting insights, and wanted to share them here.

First, noticed that ever since I started "struggling" with weight again a few years ago, my protein intake has been around 100-120g a day. I decided to look back over Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible Plan (which I modified a bit with some of Peat's ideas), and my fitbit data from the time. I realized my target back then was about 160g a day, but during the periods of most weight lost, I was higher, averaging something like 180g, several days getting over 200g. We all know about the thermic effect of protein as compared to other macros, and that high protein intakes promotes muscle gain, even without resistance training (High Protein Intake Increases Muscle Mass Even W/o Training). Both good things.

Interestingly, low protein intakes can increase edema and water retention, and this is pretty common knowledge (livestong even has a few articles about it- Edema & Protein | Livestrong.com), apparently by preventing enough albumin from circulating in the blood, which causes leakiness into tissues. On top of that, as haidut also pointed out, higher protein intakes reliably and quickly increase Blood Urea Concentration (the BUN marker). So, Urea's effectiveness and dose might be dependent on protein intake, and also sufficient albumen. If enough albumen isn't present, sounds like the Urea could normalize the waterlogged cell, only to have that fluid shortly flow back into, due to overall leaky circulation.

To the point, I upped my protein intake about 60g over the past day. Felt fantastic doing so, almost like a light switch has been flipped to "on" in parts of my body. I suspect this alone might cause a noticeable drop in water weight over the next few weeks. Also, tried about 15g of Urea today, and it did have noticeable effects warming up hands and feet, almost like it improved circulation as another poster mentioned in the KMUD urea thread.

So, I will keep the higher Protein intake, and probably use 5-10g of urea a few days a week. I will keep you all posted.

For me, 180g protein makes a huge difference to weight loss vs 100-120g, which is what I eat “naturally” if I’m not planning my meals

Vinny

Birdie

Does it moisturize well? I've been thinking about dissolving urea in water or another solvent to moisturize my skin.
I'm using a cream. I think other creams I've used moisturize better. I like the effect the urea cream has on my nose though. I use it as medicine leaving it on overnight. Then after washing it off, I apply moisturizer.

accelerator

I've used a range of doses from a tsp a few times per day to the dose Ray suggests for serious illness on that show (120G per day).

My experience was that in higher doses I got headaches, but also lost belly fat literally overnight. My urine was very cloudy, which might be related to poor liver function at the time. Glycine has been useful for headaches (not related to blood sugar) for me.

I emailed Ray about it, and he suggested that 1 tsp several times a day should be enough for most people.

Was it the large dose that caused fat loss, or did you get that at lower doses too?

brix

For me, 180g protein makes a huge difference to weight loss vs 100-120g, which is what I eat “naturally” if I’m not planning my meals

What are your sources of protein? I struggle to get above 150 without whey

aquaman

What are your sources of protein? I struggle to get above 150 without whey

I eat a lot of white fish, and buy frozen king prawns which work out quite cheaply. Also slow cooked gelatinous cuts of beef or lamb.

4 meals with 35-40grams of protein per meal, plus 20-30grams of gelatin or collagen.

I’m 190lbs

accelerator

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but wanted to do an update (tagging ecstatichamster).

So, when I tried Urea orally earlier this year for a week or so, didn't really notice much one way, or another. Didn't think much of it, but after doing some dietary tweaks and reviewing old data, I has some interesting insights, and wanted to share them here.

First, noticed that ever since I started "struggling" with weight again a few years ago, my protein intake has been around 100-120g a day. I decided to look back over Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible Plan (which I modified a bit with some of Peat's ideas), and my fitbit data from the time. I realized my target back then was about 160g a day, but during the periods of most weight lost, I was higher, averaging something like 180g, several days getting over 200g. We all know about the thermic effect of protein as compared to other macros, and that high protein intakes promotes muscle gain, even without resistance training (High Protein Intake Increases Muscle Mass Even W/o Training). Both good things.

Interestingly, low protein intakes can increase edema and water retention, and this is pretty common knowledge (livestong even has a few articles about it- Edema & Protein | Livestrong.com), apparently by preventing enough albumin from circulating in the blood, which causes leakiness into tissues. On top of that, as haidut also pointed out, higher protein intakes reliably and quickly increase Blood Urea Concentration (the BUN marker). So, Urea's effectiveness and dose might be dependent on protein intake, and also sufficient albumen. If enough albumen isn't present, sounds like the Urea could normalize the waterlogged cell, only to have that fluid shortly flow back into, due to overall leaky circulation.

To the point, I upped my protein intake about 60g over the past day. Felt fantastic doing so, almost like a light switch has been flipped to "on" in parts of my body. I suspect this alone might cause a noticeable drop in water weight over the next few weeks. Also, tried about 15g of Urea today, and it did have noticeable effects warming up hands and feet, almost like it improved circulation as another poster mentioned in the KMUD urea thread.

So, I will keep the higher Protein intake, and probably use 5-10g of urea a few days a week. I will keep you all posted.

how long did you do higher protein for? did it continue to help?

Mossy

The urea I got was from an agricultural store, sold as 5mm sized round white pellets for a dollar a kg. I felt it was good enough to use topically for my cats given that urea is made from ammonia and carbon dioxide, and it's easy to produce industrial ammonia and carbon dioxide at relatively pure grades. Besides, using it topically applies only during acute cases, when a cat gets wounded from fights, especially during mating season. I've seen how beneficial it is as foreign objects such as claws can get embedded in a puncture wound. The wound can heal but the claw could still stay inside the skin and become a chronic source of infection, inflammation, and irritation.

I suspect it was what caused my favorite cat to have paresthesia on his back, which eventually led to a paralysis on one of his hind legs. When I discovered the wound on his back, I pulled out a foot long piece of solidified pus. The cat died after a week. Now I know that if I had known to use urea, it would been able to clean up the wound by eating up the decaying tissues, to pave the way for healing by reducing the infection which antibiotics were ineffective at.

So now I use it for wounds on my cats, followed up by a poultice of honey and garlic, which I've found to be as effective as secoseryl ointment.
Hello, I’d like to ask if you still use urea with success for your cat’s wounds? I have a wounded cat that I need something for, and have considered the garlic you mention, but I’ve read that it may not be healthy for a cat if it’s eaten. Also, anything else you can suggest? Thank you.

P.S. I’ve found your other threads on cats, so I can spare you the need to repeat too much of what you’ve stated elsewhere.

Last edited:

yerrag

Hello, I’d like to ask if you still use urea with success for your cat’s wounds? I have a wounded cat that I need something for, and have considered the garlic you mention, but I’ve read that it may not be healthy for a cat if it’s eaten. Also, anything else you can suggest? Thank you.

P.S. I’ve found your other threads on cats, so I can spare you the need to repeat too much of what you’ve stated elsewhere.
Yes, urea is very good especially with wounds where the other cats' nails are embedded in the wound. Urea will cause the nails to be expelled and keep the wound from becoming an internal source of infection leading to the cat having paresthesia, where the cat becomes sensitive to being touched in the area around that wound.

It's the same effect as me urinating on my foot for a month after I stepped on sea urchins. The spikes embedded in my foot eventually got expelled as well. Urine contains urea.

Mossy

Yes, urea is very good especially with wounds where the other cats' nails are embedded in the wound. Urea will cause the nails to be expelled and keep the wound from becoming an internal source of infection leading to the cat having paresthesia, where the cat becomes sensitive to being touched in the area around that wound.

It's the same effect as me urinating on my foot for a month after I stepped on sea urchins. The spikes embedded in my foot eventually got expelled as well. Urine contains urea.
Great. Thank you for the additional detail.

golder

I want to try some urea as a facial moisturiser. What's the best carrier and ratio to dissolve this? Thank you!

Estradiol

Okay I buzzed my hair and it has been 3 months since. I dropped all shampoos, soaps etc.

I only use urea cream, isotretinoin cream and miconazole cream.

I started to use %40 Urea cream on my scalp almost everyday. It's easy when your hair is short. Harder when it gets longer.

First of all it reduced oiliness and itch on my scalp. It's not drying it's moisturizing. I think that's the solution of oily hair moisturizing it not drying.

Second, my hair really grows fast. This is a great improvement for me because since my hair loss started it grows really slow. 3 months since buzzed it's now pre-buzzed size (omg).

You can use %40 Urea as a shampoo. It will clean your hair just like shampoo without foam.

Inaut

Okay I buzzed my hair and it has been 3 months since. I dropped all shampoos, soaps etc.

I only use urea cream, isotretinoin cream and miconazole cream.

I started to use %40 Urea cream on my scalp almost everyday. It's easy when your hair is short. Harder when it gets longer.

First of all it reduced oiliness and itch on my scalp. It's not drying it's moisturizing. I think that's the solution of oily hair moisturizing it not drying.

Second, my hair really grows fast. This is a great improvement for me because since my hair loss started it grows really slow. 3 months since buzzed it's now pre-buzzed size (omg).

You can use %40 Urea as a shampoo. It will clean your hair just like shampoo without foam.

how do you make 40% urea shampoo(ratios)? I'd even try this out as urine therapy was one of the few things that supposedly encourage hair growth