Possibly Worlds Shortest Question About Measuring Some Figures

Kloppstock

(100 mg kg-1 per day)

why mg kg-1?

i have searched half internet but missed the answer

marcar72

I'm thinking you mean 100 mg/kg taken once per day?

So a person weighing 75 kg would take 7.5 g dose once per day.

artlange

kg-1 is read as kg to the -1 power which is 1 divided by kg or read as per kg (body weight).

OP
K

Kloppstock

I'm thinking you mean 100 mg/kg taken once per day?

So a person weighing 75 kg would take 7.5 g dose once per day.
I m not so sure yet.
250 mg are already being considered a human dose https://www.amazon.com/Naringenin-250-mg-120-Vcaps/dp/B00L4OWDX
and here is the mouse study
A Systematic Strategy for Discovering a Therapeutic Drug for Alzheimer’s Disease and Its Target Molecule
I want you to cntrl+F insert: (100 mg kg-1 per day) there :)

A little parallel
I have not manage to read through this old Niacinamide study yet Nicotinamide restores cognition in AD transgenic mice via a mechanism involving sirtuin inhibition and selective reduction of Thr231-phosphotau
but many sources have claimed this odd thing...

"A general dose of 1,000 milligrams taken three times a day is recommended - this dose is actually the "human equivalent" of the amount given to the mice who recovered
from the symptoms of Alzheimer's in the study mentioned above. "

While scientists in this Naringenin have not mentioned anything in understandable words! at-least :) about any dose conversion.
So why should i really treat in any different?.
However there is science from 1940s about human body (and possibly the mouse body also?) can only uptake 250 mg Niacinamide per dose occasion.

So if we first could conclude that Naringenin mice infact got 100 mg in this study, then im going to have to struggle to decide whether i should stay 100 on that
that 100 mg of grapefruit (Naringenin) extract is enough for a human since we are dealing with tau after all.

However i dont know the reality, if i would go and bite into a shoppingmall grapefruit or other Citrus Flavonoids<--small
and receive my 100 mg of Naringenin through that?? then i will start
to feel a bit suspicious about me not multiply it.
(how much can you get through food you think?)
...and instead spread the dose in 100X4 occasions per day and thereby imitate the correct Niacinamide dosing pattern at a given state of decease.
Cause i think even a red-neck scientist should have been able to see logic behind that the reason why Niacinamide in this study
only achieved tau-lowering effect on early alzheimer mice while not on moderate Alzheimer mice must be...because 3000 mg becomes to high for a moderate body weight ;)

can also mean ppm
parts per million?, how many mg does it become? if this is what they mean

kg-1 is read as kg to the -1 power which is 1 divided by kg or read as per kg (body weight).
So what you are saying is, they probably feed the mice 100 mg?

Here's a forum that I found with a google search. Apparently it's just another way to say mg/kg or mg per kg of body weight. Common Core math notation?, uggg.... :p

https://www.quora.com/What-does-10-mg-kg-−1-mean-as-a-measure-of-dosage
I get Alzheimer's when i see to many numbers tightly packed like that, translate to words
on more time please :)

Last edited:
OP
K

Kloppstock

I became so happy i almost wanted to poo when the starting example multiplied with 4...since that was my lucky number from my previous post

"...and instead spread the dose in 100X4 occasions per day and thereby imitate the correct Niacinamide dosing pattern at a given state of decease."

I take for granted that it will be to complicated the longer i view that video, so do you also believe? that when they say that it should be multiplied a couple of times like this Naringenin 250 mg

x-ray peat

The PPM meaning is used sometimes in soil contamination but in this context it is obviously a dose. I would say that they are talking about kg of mouse weight so the actual dose would be much smaller than 100mg for a mouse.

OP
K

Kloppstock

The PPM meaning is used sometimes in soil contamination but in this context it is obviously a dose. I would say that they are talking about kg of mouse weight so the actual dose would be much smaller than 100mg for a mouse.
Okay, and my first suggestion..digestion..and plan for this supplement have also been to give 100 mg to a human, therefore i asked in my bigger post if its legit or not to suspect 100 mg can be found inside a citrus flavonoid from the gross-store, i think the concentration is way higher in a extract, but you can never be to sure to not ask.

Right now it feels like i wanna! forgive myself for letting me fall for the tempting taut of multiply X4 for humans in my previous post lol. But this (s)aint over yet (you talk to much do you know that?)

OP
K

Kloppstock

Is this correct of me, you have not seen any knockout-mouse weight 1 kg?, am i being wrong when it seems to me that you (and i)
don't agree with answers from some others (and i) in this thread, i have either reading comprehension or they suggest that a mouse can weight more than 1 kg? (shall multiply)

x-ray peat

As far as I can tell the study is just showing various dosages it gave to the mice and expressed it in mg Drynaria Rhizome/kg of mouse. So if an average mouse weighs 20 grams or .02 kg they gave the mice on average .02kg x 100mg/kg or 2mg Drynaria Rhizome.

The study however isn't really trying to show what the best dosage is for alzheimers in people. Its looking at a strategy for finding AD drugs by identifying their metabolites. Also I am not sure if mice dosing is directly proportional to people dosing even if they did have the ideal mouse dose figured out. I would do some more searching for a better study or article that deals with people.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

you might find this of some use. Dr Daniels is an escapee from the medical mafia and tends to tell the truth more than most in her profession

Attachments

• Cure Alzheimers at Your Health Food Store - RBN.mp3
    90 MB · Views: 1
OP
K

Kloppstock

As far as I can tell the study is just showing various dosages it gave to the mice and expressed it in mg Drynaria Rhizome/kg of mouse. So if an average mouse weighs 20 grams or .02 kg they gave the mice on average .02kg x 100mg/kg or 2mg Drynaria Rhizome.
and if my mouse happen to do! weight 20 kg instead+50 kg ;) then the dose becomes 70 mg right?, and since Naringenin most likely act as antioxidant i think that will be the correct human dose-span.
And a none primary antioxidant factor must explain why Niacinamide even could add at-least two zeros on their weight in their mouse trial or do you have any other explanation?, and why you therefore will likely not! give Naringenin more than in one dose per day.
The study however isn't really trying to show what the best dosage is for alzheimers in people. Its looking at a strategy for finding AD drugs by identifying their metabolites. Also I am not sure if mice dosing is directly proportional to people dosing even if they did have the ideal mouse dose figured out. I would do some more searching for a better study or article that deals with people.
you might find this of some use. Dr Daniels is an escapee from the medical mafia and tends to tell the truth more than most in her profession
I think it was an excellent idea to read in some of the 50 other Chinese trials on Drynaria Rhizome and see if i can imagine forward some leads that will make a dose exclusion for this so called strict rules of nature.

No, i think the dose in this trial reversed enough in the mice to be of a higher priority than waiting for the perfect fit for em, especially since Drynaria Rhizome follows the predictable pattern of sources suggested for natural treatment, and i cant think of any trials of my supplements that even started in vitro that later didn't also work in human trials,
so im going to target that particular tau-site, and this will be the only known prospect for some time, its pretty clear to me that i should not! weight for human trials since i will perform it myself

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Travis

Here are the superscripts:

kg⁻¹ = 1/kg

(x)⁻¹ = ¹⁄ₓ by definition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals