Porphyromonas Gingivalis In Alzheimer’s Disease Brains: Evidence For Disease Causation And Treatment

Makrosky

I am lately more and more convinced that a lot of diseases (diagnosed and undiagnosed) can arise from microbial vectors. Name it bacteria, viruses, mold, parasites, whatever ...

Recent study published a few days ago. Of course this is not convlusive of AD cause but it is interesting anyway :
Porphyromonas gingivalis in Alzheimer’s disease brains: Evidence for disease causation and treatment with small-molecule inhibitors

Abstract
Porphyromonas gingivalis, the keystone pathogen in chronic periodontitis, was identified in the brain of Alzheimer’s disease patients. Toxic proteases from the bacterium called gingipains were also identified in the brain of Alzheimer’s patients, and levels correlated with tau and ubiquitin pathology. Oral P. gingivalis infection in mice resulted in brain colonization and increased production of Aβ1–42, a component of amyloid plaques. Further, gingipains were neurotoxic in vivo and in vitro, exerting detrimental effects on tau, a protein needed for normal neuronal function. To block this neurotoxicity, we designed and synthesized small-molecule inhibitors targeting gingipains. Gingipain inhibition reduced the bacterial load of an established P. gingivalis brain infection, blocked Aβ1–42 production, reduced neuroinflammation, and rescued neurons in the hippocampus. These data suggest that gingipain inhibitors could be valuable for treating P. gingivalis brain colonization and neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease.

INTRODUCTION
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) patients exhibit neuroinflammation consistent with infection, including microglial activation, inflammasome activation, complement activation, and altered cytokine profiles (1, 2). Infectious agents have been found in the brain and postulated to be involved with AD, but robust evidence of causation has not been established (3).
[...]

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Has anyone here in the forum ever thought about shuting natural wide spectrum antibiotics straight to the brain via olfactory bulb ? Yes, I mean SNORTING things like methylene blue, garlic extracts, colloidal silver, iodine and stuff like that.

I am aware some antibiotics/antiparasites can reach the brain via systemic circulation (minocycline, albendazol, etc.) and do not need to be injected in cerebro spinal fluid but they might not be selective enough or strong enough.

Texon

Unfortunately I found info online that allicin and garlic generally can cause hippocampal nerve degeneration. I was taking allicin regularly, and was experiencing some disturbing balance issues until I stopped taking it. Conversely, aspirin appears to be effective against all kinds of brain inflammation.

richofden

Forum Supporter
I am lately more and more convinced that a lot of diseases (diagnosed and undiagnosed) can arise from microbial vectors. Name it bacteria, viruses, mold, parasites, whatever ...

Recent study published a few days ago. Of course this is not convlusive of AD cause but it is interesting anyway :
Porphyromonas gingivalis in Alzheimer’s disease brains: Evidence for disease causation and treatment with small-molecule inhibitors

Abstract
Porphyromonas gingivalis, the keystone pathogen in chronic periodontitis, was identified in the brain of Alzheimer’s disease patients. Toxic proteases from the bacterium called gingipains were also identified in the brain of Alzheimer’s patients, and levels correlated with tau and ubiquitin pathology. Oral P. gingivalis infection in mice resulted in brain colonization and increased production of Aβ1–42, a component of amyloid plaques. Further, gingipains were neurotoxic in vivo and in vitro, exerting detrimental effects on tau, a protein needed for normal neuronal function. To block this neurotoxicity, we designed and synthesized small-molecule inhibitors targeting gingipains. Gingipain inhibition reduced the bacterial load of an established P. gingivalis brain infection, blocked Aβ1–42 production, reduced neuroinflammation, and rescued neurons in the hippocampus. These data suggest that gingipain inhibitors could be valuable for treating P. gingivalis brain colonization and neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease.

INTRODUCTION
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) patients exhibit neuroinflammation consistent with infection, including microglial activation, inflammasome activation, complement activation, and altered cytokine profiles (1, 2). Infectious agents have been found in the brain and postulated to be involved with AD, but robust evidence of causation has not been established (3).
[.
Maybe this could be useful: Periodontal Pathogen Nosode Drops - 2 fl. oz (60 ml)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals