Pollen. Nature's Androgens

Momado965

Since in this day and age we are all bombarded with estrogen and it's synthetic mimetics, it becomes crucial to protect one's self from the estrogenicity of the environment. This can be achieved by optimizing one's diet and supplying phtyo androgens and AIs. On top of that supplements that are familiar on this forum.

Palm pollen like pine pollen is a very rich source testosterone, dhea, androstendione and epitestosterone. Another quite delicious plant pollen is bee pollen. Since its a pollen, it too contains probably the same hormones mentioned above. In terms of total pufa content, bee pollen has around 13% while palm pollen has around 11%. There are no reliable sources of fatty acids content of pine pollen however, since both [am and bee pollen are at about 10% fat it leads to believe pine pollen is on par with both palm and bee pollen. Although, I may be wrong.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6b45/585ab5eb7f063b0808630d5c7ce95ef5c7b9.pdf
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/297425/
http://www.bolivianchemistryjournal.org/QUIMICA 2017A PDF/2_Date_Palm_chem_content_RTP.pdf

*I personally use all three along side a low pufa/fat moderate/sufficient protein and high sugar/carb diet. Palm pollen can be used in tea as we do here in The Gulf. Plam pollen as dust grain is quite tasty when eatin with dates. All pollens can be infused with honeyed water; I like palm pollen best and bee pollen seconds it in taste. Pine pollen, I found, is quite tasty when combined with cocoa. Milk + cocoa powder + pine pollen + sugar is what I enjoy after a peaty burger joint.

Last edited:

Makrosky

I'm not familiar with other types of pollen but Bee pollen is often contaminated with fungus, it should be kept in mind when supplementing.

There are many studies about it in pubmed. This is just a recent one from 2019.

Mycotoxins and Mycotoxin Producing Fungi in Pollen: Review.
Abstract
Due to its divergent chemical composition and good nutritional properties, pollen is not only important as a potential food supplement but also as a good substrate for the development of different microorganisms. Among such microorganisms, toxigenic fungi are extremely dangerous as they can synthesize mycotoxins as a part of their metabolic pathways. Furthermore, favorable conditions that enable the synthesis of mycotoxins (adequate temperature, relative humidity, pH, and aw values) are found frequently during pollen collection and/or production process. Internationally, several different mycotoxins have been identified in pollen samples, with a noted predominance of aflatoxins, ochratoxins, fumonisins, zearalenone, deoxynivalenol, and T-2 toxin. Mycotoxins are, generally speaking, extremely harmful for humans and other mammals. Current EU legislation contains guidelines on the permissible content of this group of compounds, but without information pertaining to the content of mycotoxins in pollen. Currently only aflatoxins have been researched and discussed in the literature in regard to proposed limits. Therefore, the aim of this review is to give information about the presence of different mycotoxins in pollen samples collected all around the world, to propose possible aflatoxin contamination pathways, and to emphasize the importance of a regular mycotoxicological analysis of pollen. Furthermore, a suggestion is made regarding the legal regulation of pollen as a food supplement and the proposed tolerable limits for other mycotoxins.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

I'm not familiar with other types of pollen but Bee pollen is often contaminated with fungus, it should be kept in mind when supplementing.

There are many studies about it in pubmed. This is just a recent one from 2019.

Mycotoxins and Mycotoxin Producing Fungi in Pollen: Review.
Abstract
Due to its divergent chemical composition and good nutritional properties, pollen is not only important as a potential food supplement but also as a good substrate for the development of different microorganisms. Among such microorganisms, toxigenic fungi are extremely dangerous as they can synthesize mycotoxins as a part of their metabolic pathways. Furthermore, favorable conditions that enable the synthesis of mycotoxins (adequate temperature, relative humidity, pH, and aw values) are found frequently during pollen collection and/or production process. Internationally, several different mycotoxins have been identified in pollen samples, with a noted predominance of aflatoxins, ochratoxins, fumonisins, zearalenone, deoxynivalenol, and T-2 toxin. Mycotoxins are, generally speaking, extremely harmful for humans and other mammals. Current EU legislation contains guidelines on the permissible content of this group of compounds, but without information pertaining to the content of mycotoxins in pollen. Currently only aflatoxins have been researched and discussed in the literature in regard to proposed limits. Therefore, the aim of this review is to give information about the presence of different mycotoxins in pollen samples collected all around the world, to propose possible aflatoxin contamination pathways, and to emphasize the importance of a regular mycotoxicological analysis of pollen. Furthermore, a suggestion is made regarding the legal regulation of pollen as a food supplement and the proposed tolerable limits for other mycotoxins.

I am aware of this problem. Its unfortunate. I usually buy bee pollen from European origin or from local bee keepers. Mostly from Europe.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to consume pollen. It has a lot of PUFAs as you point out. Why do it. I find it puzzling. It wouldn’t be a natural food for us to consume much of in a Paleolithic sense.

I can get local pollen. I might take some for preventing Spring hay fever that I have been getting every year. It does however bother my gut so it may be a bad idea all around.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to consume pollen. It has a lot of PUFAs as you point out. Why do it. I find it puzzling. It wouldn’t be a natural food for us to consume much of in a Paleolithic sense.

I can get local pollen. I might take some for preventing Spring hay fever that I have been getting every year. It does however bother my gut so it may be a bad idea all around.

Bee pollen alone inst as tasty when its packaged. Raw bee pollen is quite tasty and specially with honey. Although there was a brand I used to enjoy when I was in Amsterdam. It was very tasty unlike all other packaged bee pollen. As for palm and pine pollen. I simply enjoy them. Palm pollen is the tastiest of them all and this is what I use regularly. Pine pollen is only tasty when mixed with chocolate. Pufa is about 0.3g per 10g of pollen so 30g a day will give about a 1g of pufa. Not much pufa for the many benefits pollen offers, if you ask me.

We
Bee pollen alone inst as tasty when its packaged. Raw bee pollen is quite tasty and specially with honey. Although there was a brand I used to enjoy when I was in Amsterdam. It was very tasty unlike all other packaged bee pollen. As for palm and pine pollen. I simply enjoy them. Palm pollen is the tastiest of them all and this is what I use regularly. Pine pollen is only tasty when mixed with chocolate. Pufa is about 0.3g per 10g of pollen so 30g a day will give about a 1g of pufa. Not much pufa for the many benefits pollen offers, if you ask me.

you may be right. Thank you!

T

tca300

Testicles - aka " rocky mountain oysters " or " prairie oysters " would fit the bill as natures best androgen source I think.

I bit the bullet once and did the unspeakable... I dont know what taking testosterone-powerful androgens feels like, but I expect it would be a very similar experience.

Cameron

Testicles - aka " rocky mountain oysters " or " prairie oysters " would fit the bill as natures best androgen source I think.

I bit the bullet once and did the unspeakable... I dont know what taking testosterone-powerful androgens feels like, but I expect it would be a very similar experience.
Be interesting to see the amounts of androgens contained in bull balls

Makrosky

I wanna try it!!!

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Sadly I am not able to find oysters in Kuwait.

Makrosky

Lol you should add no homo!
It is more funny that way.

But seriously I never thought about it until I read tca comment. It is served as food in some restaurants and never made the obvious connection that they must indeed have androgens.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

It is more funny that way.

But seriously I never thought about it until I read tca comment. It is served as food in some restaurants and never made the obvious connection that they must indeed have androgens.

Peppers and oysters are heaven. That how I enjoy them but form some reason I am not able to find any in local markets.

Literally

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Pufa is about 0.3g per 10g of pollen so 30g a day will give about a 1g of pufa. Not much pufa, but many benefits pollen offers.
>> I’m not sure it’s a good idea to consume pollen. It has a lot of PUFAs as you point out. Why do it. I find it puzzling. It wouldn’t be a natural food for us to consume much of in a Paleolithic sense.

@ecstatichamster are you basing the latter part of the quoted statement on something in particular?

My understanding is that Native Americans did consume pine pollen, at least, and it's one of the few natural sources of B Vitamins that isn't animal based.

Back
Top Bottom