Pollen [Ambrosia . Interesting]

beachbum

Hello,

I was thinking of ways to increase my fruits and Ambrosia came to mind..yum..the reason it did is because I was thinking how to incorporate protein and some fats with fruits. Before I give a rough outline of a recipe I thought this was interesting. RP gives us foods etc..that improve health and longevity which he emphasizes fruits...see below a definition from Wikipedia. .

In the ancient Greek myths, ambrosia (Greek:ἀμβροσία, "immortality") is sometimes the food or drink of the Greek gods, often depicted as conferring longevity or immortality upon whoever consumed it.

Anyway, this is what I was thinking of putting in my Ambrosia. .of course a mix of fruit with coconut cream (no sure on this one), maybe marshmallows (if they make them without HFCS) honey, no dure what else. Would like to not use processed stuff so if someone has a recipe or ideas without coconut cream and marshmallows.

Thank you
Beachbum

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I was just reading about bee pollen on Wikipedia and it said this.

Bee pollen is sometimes referred to as ambrosia.[4]

LOLHAHAAAA :) maybe I'm on to something. .lol..may start a bee pollen thread unless I have already. .lol:rolleyes:

tara

Anyway, this is what I was thinking of putting in my Ambrosia. .of course a mix of fruit with coconut cream (no sure on this one), maybe marshmallows (if they make them without HFCS) honey, no dure what else. Would like to not use processed stuff so if someone has a recipe or ideas without coconut cream and marshmallows.
I really like fruit salad with a bit of extra sugar and some regular dairy cream. Lately I've been using a little panela in place of refined sucrose - don't know if it has particular down-sides. Too much cream doesn't seem to agree with me, but a little seems OK.

The ambrosia recipes I've been served before had sweetened yogurt in them as well as whipped dairy cream. Yogurt doesn't seem to agree with me.

cyclops

I heard about some of the benefits of bee pollen, so I decided to give it a try. When I searched for it Pine Pollen came up and I thought they were the same thing, but I realize now they are not. It seems like pine pollen has allot of benefits as well, but I'm not sure if that's true. Is bee pollen much better?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals