Phosphatidylserine

walker_in_aus

Can't find anything much about this compound on the forum but allegedly it "blocks" cortisol/regulates excess production. It is a seed oil based product. But I'm having terrible night cortisol and I had some success already. I'll keep using it for a while and see what happens - recommended on stop the thyroid madness...

I have a history of extreme panic/cortisol zaps when trying to sleep, starts every november (I'm moving to the coast now so hopefully it stops) and it tends to take over my life so I just want to nip it in the bud!

Anyone able to explain the mechanism more to me? I am in sleep debt and slightly out of it.

Lurker

I tried ps back in my paleo days as recommend by Mark Sisson. I didn’t really notice any significant effects but I was also taking theanine which was more noticeable and smoothed out the morning coffee. Looking back, just eating breakfast would have calmed me down more.

Anyway, the best thing for me has been regular activated charcoal. A couple of heaping spoonfuls every other night has done the most good. Gets rid of the “on edge” feeling, reduces overly emotional responses and greatly improves well-being. Highly recommended!

The other thing that has helped when I can’t sleep is to just get up and read. There’s no need to fight it or force sleep. Just go with it and enjoy the quiet time.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I find horseradish the same! Removing endotoxin. Charcoal hurts me unfortunately.

I tried it the last two nights, has worked and stopped terrible cortisol rush as I'm falling asleep!

David PS

I find horseradish the same! Removing endotoxin. Charcoal hurts me unfortunately.

I tried it the last two nights, has worked and stopped terrible cortisol rush as I'm falling asleep!

I started to use horseradish regularly and then stopped because it seemed to cause problems of its own. The Cure for Metabolic Disease has a nice section on horseradish and bacterial endotoxins.
I use horseradish much more sparingly these days.

Lurker

I don’t mean to keep at it but just curious how this could have turned out so bad for you. It is supposed a subtractive process pulling out the toxins and passing right through. I wonder if it was impurities from coal or petroleum sourced? I’ve felt best with the coconut charcoal. This avoids the heavy metals and other stuff you probably don’t want to ingest.

Thanks for the reminder on the horseradish. I had a spoon tonight!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I don’t mean to keep at it but just curious how this could have turned out so bad for you. It is supposed a subtractive process pulling out the toxins and passing right through. I wonder if it was impurities from coal or petroleum sourced? I’ve felt best with the coconut charcoal. This avoids the heavy metals and other stuff you probably don’t want to ingest.

Thanks for the reminder on the horseradish. I had a spoon tonight!

Some things work for some and not for others, I find charcoal other "detoxing" powders/bentonite clay binding and irritating. Maybe my intestinal wall is just more sensitive and sad than yours? Likely.

Antonello

Do you use the whole root or ground horseradish powder?