People Who Achieved Regrowth

chanlaw

I achieved regrowth with multivitamin but it does not seem to go back to original thickness. My hair is thin right now but growing since past 9 months but the new hair has reached like 3mm size. Gotta stare to look. I hope they thicken along with all other hair and darken to be visible. If anyone got any advice, do let me know. Thanks

johnwester130

I have experienced significant regrowth over the last two years, going from NW1.25 to NW0.5 at the age of 25. I actually need to shave my entire hairline back a bit due to the sheer amount of vellus hair, and I never shed. All the hair is stuck on pretty good. Although I'm happy with my hair, thicker is always better. Hair is the best makeup/accessory you could wear to make yourself look good.

I've done so many things to achieve my regrowth I'm not sure which to recommend. I certainly stand by biotin, essential oils (currently using a lot of clove), high protein and high fruit intake (and other RP principles), stress management, and scalp massage. I want to give red light a shot. I am always curious to hear about what has worked for others.

do vellus hairs turn to real hairs ?

johnwester130

Has anyone tried what peat himself recommends for hair regeneration - topical dhea/prog or topical t3?

Might as well just do that remand then say for sure whether ‘peating’ works for hair regrowth.

@Progesterone @xetawaves @Arrade

topical caffeine/niacinaide/succinic acid would be much easier

finding topical progesterone/dhea and topical t3 would be very difficult

Arrade

Has anyone tried what peat himself recommends for hair regeneration - topical dhea/prog or topical t3?

Might as well just do that remand then say for sure whether ‘peating’ works for hair regrowth.

@Progesterone @xetawaves @Arrade
Interesting thread, I'll have to make sure to read it. Topical t3 could work, but probably if only because your internal T3 isn't right.
I'm probably trying topical S eqoul within a couple weeks

Mauritio

Last edited:

Aaron

hard to say maybe a few weeks ...

What?! My vellus hairs have not turned into full hairs, they are just the transparent baby hairs found at the edges of a youthful hairline. Only the follicles that were slightly thinner behind my hairline that were normal in length have thickened up. They grow slower, so slow I don't think you'd see a perceptible change in a few weeks. The process has taken years of a disciplined regimen. It took many months to determine if what I was doing had any impact. Scalp massage takes 5-10 months to see microscopic improvements. I was on finasteride half the time as well. Hair is very difficult to grow back.

Mauritio

What?! My vellus hairs have not turned into full hairs, they are just the transparent baby hairs found at the edges of a youthful hairline. Only the follicles that were slightly thinner behind my hairline that were normal in length have thickened up. They grow slower, so slow I don't think you'd see a perceptible change in a few weeks. The process has taken years of a disciplined regimen. It took many months to determine if what I was doing had any impact. Scalp massage takes 5-10 months to see microscopic improvements. I was on finasteride half the time as well. Hair is very difficult to grow back.
yeah i agree. but once the vellus hair is there it keeps coming back faster. I do tom hagertys method and once i saw the first vellus hair things became faster and faster. It doesnt become a permanent hair overnight though. it becames a little darker and stronger then it falls out becomes a stronger and so on and at some point it has arrived at its final strength and colour and stays like that...

Lin Amy

@Lin Amy that's amazing to hear! Do you have any before and after photos to demonstrate the regrowth? That would be awesome because it would verify the dr peats idealogies are correct
That’s my hair now. I didn’t take any before photo as I was wearing a wig most of the time.

Attachments

• 757F0F4E-56DB-4CBF-A10F-E4779D64502D.jpeg
    757F0F4E-56DB-4CBF-A10F-E4779D64502D.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 209

Peatful

That’s my hair now. I didn’t take any before photo as I was wearing a wig most of the time.
@Lin Amy
Incredible. Congrats!
Thx for sharing. This really will encourage some people tremendously.

Muckl3

John Wester are you sourcing succinic acid yourself or using the updated solban?

Motif

Yes I have experienced moderate regrowth but it is quite difficult to achieve. In order to do so I really need to stay clear of starch and keep my gut completely endotoxin free. I also need to avoid pufa like the plague. I need adequate sleep, and plenty of bright light shining right on my scalp/forehead. This requires plenty of sugar and protein because light will sap those. Also taking aspirin and vitamin k and gelatin seem to be the most protective for hair, probably because of calcification and prostagligins. And whenever I drink even a glass of wine my stomach feels uneasy and I get the scalp itch and noticed increased shedding, so no alcohol. It is at least exceedlingly difficult, or practically impossible, for us with heavy balding genetics (and don't tell me genetics doesn't play at least a partial role in hair growth) to keep our hairlines while trying to lvie a fulfilled modern lifestyle, going out to the movies, lunch with friends, family dinners, vacations, work culture. Unfortunately these influences want me to keep losing hair and they will likely win over but at least I can slow the hairloss down significantly by keeping the basic peat tennets in place: very low pufa, fruitjuice+dairy, bright light, and good metabolism.

How to keep the gut endotoxins free??

LeeLemonoil

Osteoporosis drug could treat human hair loss

"....he team carried out a full gene expression analysis of isolated human scalp hair follicles treated with CsA. This revealed that CsA reduces the expression of SFRP1, a protein that inhibits the development and growth of many tissues, including hair follicles. This identifies a completely novel mechanism of action of this old and widely used immunosuppressant.

The research also explains why CsA so often induces undesired hair growth in patients as it removes an inbuilt and potent molecular brake on human hair growth. The inhibitory mechanism is completely unrelated to CsA’s immunosuppressive activities, making SFRP1 a new and highly promising therapeutic target for anti-hair loss strategies.

After some detective work, Dr Hawkshaw found that a compound originally developed to treat osteoporosis, called WAY-316606, targets the same mechanism as CsA by specifically antagonising SFRP1. When he then treated hair follicles with WAY-316606, the unrelated agent also effectively enhanced human hair growth like CsA. The external application of WAY-316606 or similar compounds to balding human scalp, he argued, may promote hair growth to the same magnitude as CsA or even better, but without its side effects.

Dr Hawkshaw said: “Thanks to our collaboration with a local hair transplant surgeon, Dr Asim Shahmalak, we were able to conduct our experiments with scalp hair follicles that had generously been donated by over 40 patients and were then tested in organ cultures.

“This makes our research clinically very relevant, as many hair research studies only use cell culture.”

He added: “When the hair growth-promoting effects of CsA were previously studied in mice, a very different molecular mechanism of action was suggested; had we relied on these mouse research concepts, we would have been barking up the wrong tree....."

Jijita

I have regrown my hair from losing like 70% of it. I went through menopause, developed alopecia areata and also what looked like male pattern baldness. Partly blamed it on the stress. Found Ray Peat’s diet and added loads of OJ, coffee, sugar, eggs, broth. Change shampoo, use hair tonic and supplement with Vitamin for hair growth. One year to see regrowth and for another five months the hair just kept getting stronger and longer.
What is OJ?

Terma

Osteoporosis drug could treat human hair loss

"....he team carried out a full gene expression analysis of isolated human scalp hair follicles treated with CsA. This revealed that CsA reduces the expression of SFRP1, a protein that inhibits the development and growth of many tissues, including hair follicles. This identifies a completely novel mechanism of action of this old and widely used immunosuppressant.

The research also explains why CsA so often induces undesired hair growth in patients as it removes an inbuilt and potent molecular brake on human hair growth. The inhibitory mechanism is completely unrelated to CsA’s immunosuppressive activities, making SFRP1 a new and highly promising therapeutic target for anti-hair loss strategies.

After some detective work, Dr Hawkshaw found that a compound originally developed to treat osteoporosis, called WAY-316606, targets the same mechanism as CsA by specifically antagonising SFRP1. When he then treated hair follicles with WAY-316606, the unrelated agent also effectively enhanced human hair growth like CsA. The external application of WAY-316606 or similar compounds to balding human scalp, he argued, may promote hair growth to the same magnitude as CsA or even better, but without its side effects.

Dr Hawkshaw said: “Thanks to our collaboration with a local hair transplant surgeon, Dr Asim Shahmalak, we were able to conduct our experiments with scalp hair follicles that had generously been donated by over 40 patients and were then tested in organ cultures.

“This makes our research clinically very relevant, as many hair research studies only use cell culture.”

He added: “When the hair growth-promoting effects of CsA were previously studied in mice, a very different molecular mechanism of action was suggested; had we relied on these mouse research concepts, we would have been barking up the wrong tree....."

Great link (source study), likely makes sense if it has this effect consistently across cell types: sFRP1 exerts effects on gastric cancer cells through GSK3β/Rac1-mediated restraint of TGFβ/Smad3 signaling
And the WNT pathway is a beast but that fits well too. What's left to say except to track down the cause of high SFRP1 (to confirm the link to PGD2 or whatever it is)?

Waremu

I've had little regrowth so far, but completely stopped my shedding. If all I am able to do is stop my shedding completely through Peating, then I am happy with that. But guess it depends on how much hair one has lost. I still have my full head of hair.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals