People Who Achieved Regrowth

Hairlosssucks

To any of you people who successfully got regrowth or reversed their hairloss. Did you experience any sheds before the regrowth or just over time you hair was getting thicker?

benaoao

Shedding is normal. If you’re indeed regrowing think of your hair follicle being atrophied, releasing weak hair. Getting healthier yourself, you’re reversing the atrophy. The hair that grows then is thicker and stronger

So, just shed what you have to shed, and be extremely patient and stick to the most nutritious diet.

In the meantime you’ll enjoy thicker hair, the ones that didn’t shed that is.

mr_s81

The difficult thing is though, what constitutes this 'nutritious diet'? There does not appear to be many instances of regrowth within this forum using diet alone.

Last edited:

Pablo Cruise

Interesting question but no shedding. Just the reverse. My treatment at the time was dandruff shampoos including the Selenium Sulfide type.

mr_s81

Interesting question but no shedding. Just the reverse. My treatment at the time was dandruff shampoos including the Selenium Sulfide type.
Was this your only course of action @Pablo Cruise ? I've struggled with a flaky scalp for years and have never got it under control.

benaoao

The difficult thing is though, what constitutes this 'nutritious diet'? There does not appear to be many instances of regrowth within this forum using diet alone.

Lots of fruits eaten whole, properly cooked vegetables and tubers, low animal PUFAs and generally low fat, complete amino profile which typically requires gelatin/collagen, supplement stomach acid if needed, limit insulin spikes

My only supplement is a zinc&biotin formula and I spray rogaine over randomly

Pablo Cruise

Was this your only course of action @Pablo Cruise ? I've struggled with a flaky scalp for years and have never got it under control.

You bet dandruff shampoos were my course of action. I first developed dandruff at 17 years of age and about 2 years later I started thinning. Interesting that 25 years later I developed severe seborrheic dermatitis and profuse hair loss. I started on Clobetasol 0.05% and Selsun 2% (prescription) and Nizoral Shampoo. I no longer use Nizoral but Selsun twice a week. So to the point after about 8 weeks my hair stopped falling out and has regrown thicker and healthier.

There is all this talk about the microbiome, sebum and DHT. I am guessing killing the fungus (Malassezia) on the scalp reduces the sebum production and DHT accumulation.
I mean who knows but I believe it was a factor in my situation. I also use the other dandruff shampoos on other days, zinc 2% and salicylic acid/sulfur (Sebex) and let them remain on scalp for 10 minutes. I am a believer.

I've followed the Peat/Roddy diet advice for just over 9 months now and while I have improved my overall health I have not seen any regrowth. I haven't lost more hair either though. I went through some major stress earlier this year and experienced some really bad shedding but that eventually normalized. About one month ago I incorporated TyroMix into my life. I feel like I'm getting a lot less shedding since adding it, but it has only been a month so I'm not sure of the long term benefits for hair. I do feel better with it though, more resilient to stress, more focused, face less puff, etc.

I stopped doing vigorous scalp massage because I don't think it really helps and it accelerates shedding thus making things look worse. I still do oil treatments from time to time now but I only wash my hair once or twice a week.

Pablo Cruise

Whatever works for you. I do hope you realize scalp massaging requires at least 5 months. I believe in washing my hair and dandruff shampoos because I see a difference.

mr_s81

How many times do you wash your hair during the week @Pablo Cruise ? I've been trying to avoid SLS shampoos and using natural ones containing acv etc.

sladerunner69

Yes I have experienced moderate regrowth but it is quite difficult to achieve. In order to do so I really need to stay clear of starch and keep my gut completely endotoxin free. I also need to avoid pufa like the plague. I need adequate sleep, and plenty of bright light shining right on my scalp/forehead. This requires plenty of sugar and protein because light will sap those. Also taking aspirin and vitamin k and gelatin seem to be the most protective for hair, probably because of calcification and prostagligins. And whenever I drink even a glass of wine my stomach feels uneasy and I get the scalp itch and noticed increased shedding, so no alcohol. It is at least exceedlingly difficult, or practically impossible, for us with heavy balding genetics (and don't tell me genetics doesn't play at least a partial role in hair growth) to keep our hairlines while trying to lvie a fulfilled modern lifestyle, going out to the movies, lunch with friends, family dinners, vacations, work culture. Unfortunately these influences want me to keep losing hair and they will likely win over but at least I can slow the hairloss down significantly by keeping the basic peat tennets in place: very low pufa, fruitjuice+dairy, bright light, and good metabolism.

Lin Amy

I have regrown my hair from losing like 70% of it. I went through menopause, developed alopecia areata and also what looked like male pattern baldness. Partly blamed it on the stress. Found Ray Peat’s diet and added loads of OJ, coffee, sugar, eggs, broth. Change shampoo, use hair tonic and supplement with Vitamin for hair growth. One year to see regrowth and for another five months the hair just kept getting stronger and longer.

Xemnoraq

@Lin Amy that's amazing to hear! Do you have any before and after photos to demonstrate the regrowth? That would be awesome because it would verify the dr peats idealogies are correct

Mauritio

I was and am experiencing regrowth and shedding at the same time. By now ,if i look at my hair line, I can almost certainly tell if a hair is regrowing or one thats going tofall out.

Aaron

I have experienced significant regrowth over the last two years, going from NW1.25 to NW0.5 at the age of 25. I actually need to shave my entire hairline back a bit due to the sheer amount of vellus hair, and I never shed. All the hair is stuck on pretty good. Although I'm happy with my hair, thicker is always better. Hair is the best makeup/accessory you could wear to make yourself look good.

I've done so many things to achieve my regrowth I'm not sure which to recommend. I certainly stand by biotin, essential oils (currently using a lot of clove), high protein and high fruit intake (and other RP principles), stress management, and scalp massage. I want to give red light a shot. I am always curious to hear about what has worked for others.

Xemnoraq

I have experienced significant regrowth over the last two years, going from NW1.25 to NW0.5 at the age of 25. I actually need to shave my entire hairline back a bit due to the sheer amount of vellus hair, and I never shed. All the hair is stuck on pretty good. Although I'm happy with my hair, thicker is always better. Hair is the best makeup/accessory you could wear to make yourself look good.

I've done so many things to achieve my regrowth I'm not sure which to recommend. I certainly stand by biotin, essential oils (currently using a lot of clove), high protein and high fruit intake (and other RP principles), stress management, and scalp massage. I want to give red light a shot. I am always curious to hear about what has worked for others.
That’s awesome! So we’re you able to officially regrow hair in places you had balder in? That’s amazing do you have any before or after pics to show the progress? That’s amazing

Aaron

That’s awesome! So we’re you able to officially regrow hair in places you had balder in? That’s amazing do you have any before or after pics to show the progress? That’s amazing

I don't take photos of anything ever, I'm sorry to say. But yes, I had some slight thinness developing in the widows peak and temples, and they have filled in completely, and areas that were becoming shiny and hairless past where my hairline ever was are now packed with vellus hair. I have a fairly high hairline, though not noticeably so, typical for a blond Northern European so it's NW0.5 for my genotype, or essentially the same hairline I had at 15. It certainly is possible and this forum has been one of my inspirations for continuing to be optimistic and pursue better than the status quo.

Last edited:

Herbie

Yeah, new hairs sprouting out, its 1 hair a day or less, been consistent since implementing fundamental Peat ideas 3 years ago and still new hairs sprouting. I regained widows peak and temples filling in. The supplements I have used on and off over this time are cypro, aspirin and progesterone (orally)

Scenes

Has anyone tried what peat himself recommends for hair regeneration - topical dhea/prog or topical t3?

Might as well just do that remand then say for sure whether ‘peating’ works for hair regrowth.

@Progesterone @xetawaves @Arrade

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals