Peaty Snacks Master List

DaveFoster

It would be nice to have a reference list for foods that are palatable and enjoyable to eat, while still adhering to Peat guidelines:

- No starch
- Low PUFA
- Low in cysteine, tryptophan, and methionine
- Low in anti-nutrients (phytates, goitrogens, etc.)

Also, no common mono foods; e.g. an orange. In a concise format, please list your most delicious Peaty foods that make you feel good after you eat them!

Here's mine:

- Cottage cheese w/ salt and honey
- Berries (dried included) with milk and sugar
- Chocolate melted over fruit (bananas, dried fruit)
- Ice cream (of course)

Fractality

Haribo gummies, low fat strained Greek yogurt with fruit topping (like Fage brand), simple hard candies

Last edited:

Prota

cottage cheese + sugar + nes caffee (ice cream)
300g cottage cheese + 500g defrosted tart cherries + sugar to taste (better than ice cream)

yerrag

M

member 2106

Rather than cottage cheese, I sometimes have a very large spoonful of mascarpone cheese drizzled with warm honey. It's incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lollipop

Flourless Chocolate Brownies with coffee/milk/honey

Yummmy...

schultz

- Oxtail soup
- Oyster stew
- Mushroom soup
- Latte
- Curry stir-fry w/ seafood and bamboo shoots
- Oysters Rockafellar
- Strained yogurt w/ peaches and maple syrup
- Pavlova
- Rice Pudding (I know, you said no starch...)
- Potato Gratin (See above)
- Ricotta Pie
- Custard
- Milk powder cookies
- Milk powder pancakes
- Haribo Gummy Bears (I may have an addiction...)
- Meringue cookies

MCF

creme brulee
crustless cheesecake
oxtail/ lamb shank soup with onion, garlic, skinless tomato, carrots and potatoes cooked in a slow cooker

Pet Peeve

Cheesecake with only ricotta, egg and sugar. Maybe with some ice cream or whipped cream :hearteyes: perfect breakfast with coffee

Ricotta Cheesecake : Food Network

Eggs and sugar whipped together with dark chocolate sprinkles

Masa harina (starch?) tacos with ground beef or oxtail

Curry with yogurt or coconut milk

Maybe Tom Yam shrimp

If banana is acceptable then fresh banana in slices with whipped cream and caramel sauce. The way the flavors blend together has to be experienced to be believed

Cream mussel soup

Last edited:

yerrag

Papaya shake, cantaloupe shake, mango shake (with milk and sugar/honey, and some vco).

Blend all except the vco with some ice cubes to make it cold. Add in vco to somehow "shock-freeze" it. Then blend a little more. And you'll have frozen vco bits that will add some crunch to your shake.

Enjoy!

Prota

pinch of baking soda
3dcl apple juice
3dcl milk
sugar to taste

nikolabeacon

I like to make an icy cold eggnog cooled in the fridge... with egg yolks, milk, sugar and drink through the day. I eat whipped egg whites( with powdered sugar) with apple sauce or cafe con leche. But my favourite is crystalised honey.. while sipping milk.

nikolabeacon

I like to make an icy cold eggnog cooled in the fridge... with egg yolks, milk, sugar and drink through the day. I eat whipped egg whites( with powdered sugar) with apple sauce or cafe con leche. But my favourite is crystalised honey.. while sipping milk.
And also If someone dont like to eat savory carrot salad Here is the recipe( maybe problematic for some people But i like it so much)......shredded carrot, sugar, teaspoon of fresh sour milk,teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil and touch of apple cider vinegar( optional)

yerrag

And also If someone dont like to eat savory carrot salad Here is the recipe( maybe problematic for some people But i like it so much)......shredded carrot, sugar, teaspoon of fresh sour milk,teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil and touch of apple cider vinegar( optional)
I have buttermilk sitting in the ref for year a year. Wondering if I can still use it.

nikolabeacon

I have buttermilk sitting in the ref for year a year. Wondering if I can still use it.
I use just A small teaspoon of fresh sour milk in this recipe..it is almost no acidic. I think that freshnes is most important here.Some people may react bad even to this small amount. Same is TRUE for ex. Virg. Coconut oil But refined dont help with taste in this salad.But it is not bothering me so i eat this sweet salad. I feel i could eat 3 carrots in this way. Sugary, slightly acidic , coconut flavor. For me best way to eat A carrot.

Waynish

-- Potato (sometimes corn) chips made with coconut oil
-- espresso, maple syrup, and organic cream
-- plantain pancakes
-- fresh squeezed fruit juices
-- dark chocolate (soy lecithin free)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals