Peat Interview Jan. 24, 2019 On One Radio Network

theLaw

50:29....

"Your body should store (maybe) 10 ounces of sugar, which can be drawn on during the night"

10 ounces white sugar = 22 Tbsp of sugar (1097 calories)

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the math here, this should be an eye-opener for many members with sleep problems.:darts:

haidut

Forum Supporter

"Your body should store (maybe) 10 ounces of sugar, which can be drawn on during the night"

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the math here, this should be an eye-opener for many members with sleep problems.:darts:

I think the key phrase in his statement is "should store". The ability to store glycogen depends a lot on liver health and muscle insulin sensitivity. In obese, diabetic, liver-sluggish, old, sick, etc people the storage would probably be a lot less, maybe as little as 1/3 of that amount, which explain why those people wake up once or twice at night to eat/drink something sweet. However, I have observed that even in such people combining the sugary meal/drink with even a little thyroid or methylene blue allows them sleep well through the night since those substances make the body use the glucose very efficiently instead of waste it into lactic acid.

milk_lover

I think the key phrase in his statement is "should store". The ability to store glycogen depends a lot on liver health and muscle insulin sensitivity. In obese, diabetic, liver-sluggish, old, sick, etc people the storage would probably be a lot less, maybe as little as 1/3 of that amount, which explain why those people wake up once or twice at night to eat/drink something sweet. However, I have observed that even in such people combining the sugary meal/drink with even a little thyroid or methylene blue allows them sleep well through the night since those substances make the body use the glucose very efficiently instead of waste it into lactic acid.
I would add a low dose of aspirin to Thyroid and MB. 35 mg of Aspirin with a coke before bedtime makes me sleep like a little baby.

lampofred

A really good interview

Agree. I was saying about the Ask Your Herb Doctor interview earlier this month that Dr. Peat was starting to sound slightly less sharp than he used to be, but I definitely take that back after listening to this one.

Cirion

Well, I personally have *at least* 500 gram sugar a day often 700+ and still have sleep problems. 22 TBSP of sugar is only around 250-300 gram.

Does this mean though that we should have 22 tbsp. of sugar if we do wake up in the middle of the night? I will say I had around 1000 calories when I woke up a few times during Christmas break and sometimes that was enough to get me to get some good sleep, though it wasn't from pure sugar.

Because, if you wake up, that means your glucose stores have reached zero, right?

Or, possibly, make sure we get a huge shot of sugar (250 gram) right before bed at least until sleep is normalized?

lampofred

Well, I personally have *at least* 500 gram sugar a day often 700+ and still have sleep problems. 22 TBSP of sugar is only around 250-300 gram.

Does this mean though that we should have 22 tbsp. of sugar if we do wake up in the middle of the night? I will say I had around 1000 calories when I woke up a few times during Christmas break and sometimes that was enough to get me to get some good sleep, though it wasn't from pure sugar.

Because, if you wake up, that means your glucose stores have reached zero, right?

Or, possibly, make sure we get a huge shot of sugar (250 gram) right before bed at least until sleep is normalized?

I think excess glutamate will burn through your sugar stores and release barely any usable energy because it stimulates glycolysis, and good GABA levels will make you go further on less because it causes sugar to be fully oxidized into CO2 and release 10x ATP.

Agree. I was saying about the Ask Your Herb Doctor interview earlier this month that Dr. Peat was starting to sound slightly less sharp than he used to be, but I definitely take that back after listening to this one.

He is incredible.

schultz

Amazing! Thanks @Lejeboca. I really enjoyed the earlier one he did so I am excited to listen to this one. Can't believe that earlier one is from 2014! Feels like yesterday......

J

jb116

Interestingly nobody mentioned Dr. Peat's comment about after 20 years or so of carrot eating, he mentioned he apparently has bacteria that eats it....WHAT!? :jawdrop:

Jackrabbit

Maybe he’s just getting tired of Andrew Murray!

Waremu

Yes, for someone in their 80's, it is really amazing how mentally sharp he sounds/seems. Even in the clips from that documentary a few years ago which I don't think has been released yet, his facial reflexes and movements seemed very 'quick' and responsive, almost the way a teenager is. And how quick he could move his fingers and hands, and how responsive they were in relation to his speech, ...all good health signs for someone who is that age, generally speaking. These are some of the things doctors and nurses who work with old people pay attention to when they do tests to gauge stroke risk probability, etc.

Last edited:

golder

Yes, for someone in their 80's, it is really amazing how mentally sharp he sounds/seems. Even in the clips from that documentary a few years ago which I don't think has been released yet, his facial reflexes and movements seemed very 'quick' and responsive, almost the way a teenager is. And how quick he could move his fingers and hands, and how responsive they were in relation to his speech, ...all a good health signs for someone who is that age, generally speaking. These are some of the things doctors and nurses who work with old people pay attention to when they do tests to gauge stroke risk probability, etc.
Could you point me in the right direction of that documentary please mate?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Interestingly nobody mentioned Dr. Peat's comment about after 20 years or so of carrot eating, he mentioned he apparently has bacteria that eats it....WHAT!? :jawdrop:

Haha, yes, that worried me a little too. I have a tendency to want to use the restroom a few hours after eating a raw carrot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals