Parent Essential Oils And Polyunsaturated Fats

Sonny

According to Brian Peskin fish oil is horrible for your health. Why? Because fish oil goes rancid and we aren't cold blooded fish. Also, the fish oil goes into a person's system and hurts the mitochondria. It doesn't allow the cells to uptake oxygen and if the cell doesn't get oxygen it eventually goes malignant and causes cancer.

Ray Peat also is against taking fish oil. Brian Peskin has indicated that we have to get what are Parent Essential Oils, such as Borage Oil, Sunflower, Safflower, Pumpkin See Oil, Evening Primrose etc. because one third of our cell membranes are made up of these Parent Essential Oils. He states that these fats don't go bad/rancid at room temperature nor and in a human's body (98.6 degrees). He also believes that fully saturated oils are ok to take. Brian Peskin says that most people are sick because of adulterated vegetable oils which are rancid (along the same lines of Ray Peat). Obviously trans fats are bad for him also. Ok so Brian Peskin says that once you start taking these Parent Essential Oils (which have some Polyunsaturated Fats) that people starting healing their disease. They also recover from obesity, diabetes and cancer because our cells starts absorbing oxygen which is necessary for good health. Brian Peskin wrote the "Hidden Story of Cancer" and the PEO Solution. How do we resolve the differences in what Ray Peat says about Polyunsaturated Fats and fat in general and what Brian Peskin says about Parent Essential Oils? Ray Peat basically says that we don't really need fats whereas Brian Peskin says that these Parent Essential Oils are absolutely necessary just like amino acids and protein are necessary.

Fon

C'mon HAIDUT and all u other pseudo-experts out there. This post is 6+ months old and not a single response..NOBODY out there has an opinion on this very important topic? I understand why this gets no traction from main stream media health gurus, too much money to be made. MAN UP!!

LeeLemonoil

What the OP calls „parent oils“, a term no one uses, possibly coined to sound important, are full of PUFAs. They don’t help cell-respiration one bit, the contrary is true

Fon

That's not very nice.
These things has been convered a lot on this forum before.
Funny how it took a challenging and slightly rude comment to get the first and only response to this very straight forward question. But the responder has nothing helpfull to add.

Fon

What the OP calls „parent oils“, a term no one uses, possibly coined to sound important, are full of PUFAs. They don’t help cell-respiration one bit, the contrary is true
Thank you Lee, thats a start. Peskin did coin that term. He states that PARENT oils can be converted by the body into whatever is needed. Arent fish oils pufas too? If so, then you agree with him that they are not good for you?

Sobieski

I'd be interested in what the man has to say to support the notion that they are healthy; i.e pro thyroid, pro metabolism, anti-stress.

LeeLemonoil

@Fon: Fish oil, in moderation when consumed as actual fish is acceptable. But fishoil supplements taken on a daily basis is one of the most unhealthy habits I can think of. Just use the search function here on RPF on fish oil and omega-3, these issues haben been covered in depth

johnwester130

Ray Peat

Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic

The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Coconut Oil

You need neither omega 3 and omega 6

Body fat should resemble coconut oil, or butter. Neither of those have omega 3 or omega 6.

The body makes its own mead acid, however you need adequare b6 and zinc and maybe biotin too because of Burr's disease.

Borage Oil, Sunflower, Safflower, Pumpkin See Oil, Evening Primrose are just as rancid as fish oil. It is the same chemical structure.

somuch4food

Ray Peat

Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic

The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Coconut Oil

You need neither omega 3 and omega 6

Body fat should resemble coconut oil, or butter. Neither of those have omega 3 or omega 6.

The body makes its own mead acid, however you need adequare b6 and zinc and maybe biotin too because of Burr's disease.

Borage Oil, Sunflower, Safflower, Pumpkin See Oil, Evening Primrose are just as rancid as fish oil. It is the same chemical structure.

Thanks for regurgitating Peat's theory without looking much into it. I'm on the forum and aware of Peat's view. I have not restricted my research to him though and am open to other theories.

Seed oils are not the same as fish oils. Fish oils contain DHA and EPA (and many fish oil supplements go through complex processes to extract those from the actual oil before combining them in a capsule) while seed oils contain LA and ALA. Brian Peskin's point is that DHA and EPA are way more sensitive to oxidatation than LA and ALA. He also mentions that ALA (omega 3s) are more sensitive than LA.

johnwester130

Thanks for regurgitating Peat's theory without looking much into it. I'm on the forum and aware of Peat's view. I have not restricted my research to him though and am open to other theories.

Seed oils are not the same as fish oils. Fish oils contain DHA and EPA (and many fish oil supplements go through complex processes to extract those from the actual oil before combining them in a capsule) while seed oils contain LA and ALA. Brian Peskin's point is that DHA and EPA are way more sensitive to oxidatation than LA and ALA. He also mentions that ALA (omega 3s) are more sensitive than LA.

I think the articles give you enough information and he does mention fish oil, sunflower oil and flax oil in the articles I linked to

And they should be avoided too

I am not sure about the fresh oil theory. Ideally the seed oils should be rancid when eaten.

"(Eating slightly stale food isn't particularly harmful,
since the same oils, even when eaten absolutely fresh,
will oxidize at a much higher rate once they are in the body,
where they are heated and thoroughly mixed with an abundance of oxygen.) "

Last edited:

michael94

I think the articles give you enough information and he does mention fish oil, sunflower oil and flax oil in the articles I linked to

And they should be avoided too

I am not sure about the fresh oil theory. Ideally the seed oils should be rancid when eaten.

"(Eating slightly stale food isn't particularly harmful,
since the same oils, even when eaten absolutely fresh,
will oxidize at a much higher rate once they are in the body,
where they are heated and thoroughly mixed with an abundance of oxygen.) "

That is news to me john, sincere thanks for stating your case ( and Rays )

lampofred

Peat doesn't believe cell membranes exist. And he also thinks those fats do go rancid at 98.6 since all plants run at lower temperatures than mammals. So unless it can be proved without a doubt that cell membranes do exist and that these oils don't go rancid at 98.6, there is really no way to resolve this conflict. Plus, I'm not sure if Peskin has ever responded to the conclusions of Burr's experiment after B6 and zinc supplementation proved that PUFA were in fact unessential.

somuch4food

Why would simply adding a bit of unheated PUFAs to my meals make them feel so much more satiating? Not to mention that my hands become warm instead of cold after the meal.

I'm willing to believe that Peskin's right on this one.

Kram

Why would simply adding a bit of unheated PUFAs to my meals make them feel so much more satiating? Not to mention that my hands become warm instead of cold after the meal.

I'm willing to believe that Peskin's right on this one.
Have you changed your mind on this? I have been reading about Peskin's ideas the last couple days and it seems to make sense to me. He doesn't look particularly healthy to me though...but neither do any of the health gurus out there besides maybe a few of them.

It also clears up why there is so much contradictory research on omega 3 and omega 6.

A summary of Brian Peskin’s research is as follows:

1.Insufficient oxygen within cells is a contributing or prime cause to many modern diseases such as Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Parkinson’s, Dementia, etc.

2.Adulterated Parent Omega Oils (polyunsaturated oils) (whether cooked, chemically processed or damaged in any other way) ought not to be consumed. Such damaged oils should be “viewed” as being a long-term destroyer of health because they will incorporate into human cell membranes and reduce the ability of the cells to obtain optimal amounts of oxygen from the blood. The more that one consumes denatured vegetable oils, the more that the oxygen content of the cells of one’s body will be reduced from what it would otherwise have been if those adulterated oils hadn’t been consumed.When denatured oils are consumed and incorporate into cell membranes, it is somewhat like one had coated his/her cells with a plastic coating — making it difficult for oxygen to go from the blood through the membrane into the cell. This hindrance or resistance to oxygen transfer will continue for the entire cell life (3 - 5 months) cycle until a new cell is created and the cell membrane is constructed from undamaged Parent Essential Oils. Such replacement of bad oils with good oils in the cell membrane is like removing that plastic coating from around the cells so that oxygen can now get in.

3.Long chain, Omega derivative oils, such as Fish or Krill oil or Omega DHA and EPA supplements, are radicalized in the human body, thus becoming oxidizing or damaging to the body, making tissues age faster. Therefore, except for very short durations (in most cases, 10 days or less), Omega derivatives should not be consumed.

4.Undenatured Parent Omega Oils (meaning raw, uncooked, not chemically processed Linoleic and Alpha-Linolenic Fatty Acids, found in many seeds, nuts, grasses and plants) will incorporate into cell membranes and upon doing so they will increase the cells ability to obtain oxygen from the blood… leading to less likelihood of the above mentioned diseases and increased likelihood of health and energy. Therefore, they should be consumed regularly.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals