P5P Supplementation And Prolactin

Amber

Hi all,

Been reading about P5P for lowering Prolactin but couldn't really find an answer to my question. I saw people saying that P5P could increase Serotonin which is something I don't want.

So my question is, would P5P be safe to take (25mg/day) without it increasing Serotonin? Only reason I wanna use it is to lower my prolactin..

Orion

Since it is the active form of B6, recommended that smaller doses are used, you could experiment with half a tab ~10mg. Search this forum lots of info on P5P, high doses have some really bad side effects I believe (neurological).

Will you be doing blood tests for prolactin? Lots of canning salt and calcium(dairy, eggshell) are also use to reduced prolactin.

OP
Amber

Amber

Since it is the active form of B6, recommended that smaller doses are used, you could experiment with half a tab ~10mg. Search this forum lots of info on P5P, high doses have some really bad side effects I believe (neurological).

Will you be doing blood tests for prolactin? Lots of canning salt and calcium(dairy, eggshell) are also use to reduced prolactin.

No, I won't be doing bloodtests but have been suffering from some tightness in breasts which points to prolactin for me. I use around 2 tsp salt/day.

I have 25mg p5p tabs, will start with half of one

Orion

Haidut's Metergoline would be another option to investigate, lower serotonin and increase dopamine, should have good effects on lowering prolactin.

And of course eating liver, has all the B vitamins and zinc/copper/selenium...

OP
Amber

Amber

Soooo...

I took 25mg P5P every day for the past week before going to sleep and i could never remember my dreams but now i can which is really weird. They seem quite intense too. Is this a normal effect of the p5p or should i stop taking it? Been having multiple dreams every night :eek:

Yes that is normal with B6. People in this forum say this vitamin will lower serotonin if you take it in morning / day with lots of light but it might raise it if you take it at night.

grenade

I posted something sinilar about b6 raising serotonin. The consesus in that thread was that high doses are more likely to raise serotonin that low doses are. Additionally, anything that raises dopamine/thyroid and lowers serotonin (red light, sugar, salt, good vibes, etc.) may "steer" b6 away from making serotonin out of trytophan into making niacin.

OP
Amber

Amber

Im gonna try and take it every other day with breakfast from now on.

Don't people on prozac have more intense dreams? One of my friends was on it and i remember he mentioned it during the first few weeks he took it.

OP
Amber

Amber

So i took my last dose a few hours ago and right now im having hot flashes and joint pain, cant sleep either :/. Leaving the p5p alone for now, hope these effects dont stay around for too long

Any quick ways to decrease the effects? Salt/magnesium maybe?

TubZy

So i took my last dose a few hours ago and right now im having hot flashes and joint pain, cant sleep either :/. Leaving the p5p alone for now, hope these effects dont stay around for too long

Any quick ways to decrease the effects? Salt/magnesium maybe?

If I take too much B6 before bed, I can't sleep either and if I do, I get weird **** dreams and super intense. I haven't tried the P5P version though. If you can't sleep magnesium or glycine should help.

I played soccer all my life and still do and it can be "stressful" if your metabolism isn't in the right shape making you feel worse per say, if that makes sense. When my metabolism was really messed up, I would feel good while playing (increase in cortisol) then later I would crash super hard and the next day feel like I got hit by a train.

Regina

If I take too much B6 before bed, I can't sleep either and if I do, I get weird **** dreams and super intense. I haven't tried the P5P version though. If you can't sleep magnesium or glycine should help.

I played soccer all my life and still do and it can be "stressful" if your metabolism isn't in the right shape making you feel worse per say, if that makes sense. When my metabolism was really messed up, I would feel good while playing (increase in cortisol) then later I would crash super hard and the next day feel like I got hit by a train.
I can relate to this. I used to train in a catabolic state and feel really really good during class, but the next day I felt hit by a train. Actually often that night I would just sit and stare feeling like I'd been dragged behind a train. Now, I feel fine after class, needing no time to recover at all. But, on the mat, I am getting plenty of feedback to stop, rest, catch breath. Feedback is saying to take a break halfway through but that would be uncool primadonna behaviour.

snowboard111

25mg of p5p taken everyday is too much. Even a single dose of 25mg would be too much, nothing to worry about obviously but still...

5 to 10mg everyday is enough

OP
Amber

Amber

25mg of p5p taken everyday is too much. Even a single dose of 25mg would be too much, nothing to worry about obviously but still...

5 to 10mg everyday is enough

Thanks. Do you agree that the higher doses can cause an increase in serotonin?

OP
Amber

Amber

Have barely slept all night btw, have to wake up in an hour so no sleep today :D

At least i learned not to take p5p in high doses ;)

TubZy

I can relate to this. I used to train in a catabolic state and feel really really good during class, but the next day I felt hit by a train. Actually often that night I would just sit and stare feeling like I'd been dragged behind a train. Now, I feel fine after class, needing no time to recover at all. But, on the mat, I am getting plenty of feedback to stop, rest, catch breath. Feedback is saying to take a break halfway through but that would be uncool primadonna behaviour.

Yup, exactly. You should feel "good" prior going into training, instead of forcing yourself to go train in a catabolic state, it sucks.

OP
Amber

Amber

Yup, exactly. You should feel "good" prior going into training, instead of forcing yourself to go train in a catabolic state, it sucks.

This is too real for me aswell. I played top level soccer for 3 years (on national level) and it made me feel exactly like that. My face also looked like i was dehydrated/starving all the time lol. Sunken cheeks with dark circles, yup :cool:

TubZy

This is too real for me aswell. I played top level soccer for 3 years (on national level) and it made me feel exactly like that. My face also looked like i was dehydrated/starving all the time lol. Sunken cheeks with dark circles, yup :cool:

Yeah I know how you feel, soccer is probably one of the worse sports to be doing (especially at a national level) while trying to fix a metabolic problem, at least for me. Resistance training was much better because you can at least pace your self in terms of not "over training". I would be fine during the match but soon as cortisol wore off I was done for :dizzy: lol. Have you tried taking T3 prior to exercise/soccer with food? That also helped me turn off cortisol and get back to burning glucose again.

OP
Amber

Amber

Yeah I know how you feel, soccer is probably one of the worse sports to be doing (especially at a national level) while trying to fix a metabolic problem, at least for me. Resistance training was much better because you can at least pace your self in terms of not "over training". I would be fine during the match but soon as cortisol wore off I was done for :dizzy: lol. Have you tried taking T3 prior to exercise/soccer with food? That also helped me turn off cortisol and get back to burning glucose again.

Yeah, while playing it the 'cortisol rush' feels great lol but the next few days its like.... Why did i do it again, haha.

I have tried t3 and progesterone before playing but made me feel worse. Probably overstimulating metabolism without adequate fuel. Right now when i do play soccer i make sure to eat right after with lots of salt and some magnesium, helps a lot. Sometimes i take a small dose of caffeine before playing (~100mg) which is the max i can handle at the moment. It increases my drive and stamina tho :)

Btw, do you know anything about tyrosine? Have been looking into it to increase dopamine levels. Makes sense to me because tyrosine is needed to produce dopamine so it would raise it wouldn't it?

TubZy

Yeah, while playing it the 'cortisol rush' feels great lol but the next few days its like.... Why did i do it again, haha.

I have tried t3 and progesterone before playing but made me feel worse. Probably overstimulating metabolism without adequate fuel. Right now when i do play soccer i make sure to eat right after with lots of salt and some magnesium, helps a lot. Sometimes i take a small dose of caffeine before playing (~100mg) which is the max i can handle at the moment. It increases my drive and stamina tho :)

Btw, do you know anything about tyrosine? Have been looking into it to increase dopamine levels. Makes sense to me because tyrosine is needed to produce dopamine so it would raise it wouldn't it?

Have you tried NDT, cynoplus etc. like a combo of T4 and T3 together? When I used T3 alone I would have to dose it multiple times throughout the day or else I would crash, it was annoying. When I combined both I only have to dose it once or twice per day and I feel fine.

Yeah, most likely need more sugar and protein, if you feel stressed. I hate it, I always go overboard and push my metabolism too hard then I play catch up the rest of the day by trying to get in the calories again lol...

Dopamine wise, my favorites are caffeine and nicotine. There are other things as well like metergoline and B6 (which you already take). I have used BCAA's a long time since like high school while I train, but I added in tyrosine when I saw this thread Depleting Serotonin With BCAA

You might like it since you are an athlete too, but yeah I would give it a shot like at least 1000-1500mg of tyrosine. Combining it with the BCAA's is also anti catabolic too (recovery etc.).

Last edited:
OP
Amber

Amber

Have you tried NDT, cynoplus etc. like a combo of T4 and T3 together? When I used T3 alone I would have to dose it multiple times throughout the day or else I would crash, it was annoying. When I combined both I only have to dose it once or twice per day and I feel fine.

Yeah, most likely need more sugar and protein, if you feel stressed. I hate it, I always go overboard and push my metabolism too hard then I play catch up the rest of the day by trying to get in the calories again lol...

Dopamine wise, my favorites are caffeine and nicotine. There are other things as well like metergoline and B6 (which you already take). I have used BCAA's a long time since like high school while I train, but I added in tyrosine when I saw this thread Depleting Serotonin With BCAA

You might like it since you are an athlete too, but yeah I would give it a shot like at least 1000-1500mg of tyrosine. Combining it with the BCAA's is also anti catabolic too (recovery etc.).

Yes caffeine is definitely good, sometimes its just hard to figure out how much you can take without overdoing it :). Nicotine as in sigarets? Maybe thats why everyone in my family smokes, for the dopamine boost :p

I haven't tried the t3/t4 combo yet, can look into that. Have seen it on the forum before, might be worth a shot

I was actually reading that thread too, haha. It made me wanna try tyrosine/bcaa combo since i also eat quite a lot of chicken which is high in tryptophan (cheap protein source, im a student :D) i'm gonna try the tyrosine first to see how that goes, maybe add some bcaa later. Its not that expensive so would definitely be worth trying