P5P Supplementation And Prolactin

TubZy

Yes caffeine is definitely good, sometimes its just hard to figure out how much you can take without overdoing it :). Nicotine as in sigarets? Maybe thats why everyone in my family smokes, for the dopamine boost :p

I haven't tried the t3/t4 combo yet, can look into that. Have seen it on the forum before, might be worth a shot

I was actually reading that thread too, haha. It made me wanna try tyrosine/bcaa combo since i also eat quite a lot of chicken which is high in tryptophan (cheap protein source, im a student :D) i'm gonna try the tyrosine first to see how that goes, maybe add some bcaa later. Its not that expensive so would definitely be worth trying

No cigarettes lol, just pure nicotine in the form of gum or vaporizer. Cigarettes don't give me the same effect either hard to explain. But caffeine would be first choice since there are much more benefits behind it (liver etc.)

T4 acts like a reservoir so your body can convert it to T3 as needed rather than just pure T3 it gets used up quickly hence frequent dosing.

Yes, chicken is cheap, I hate chicken.. so sick of it now after eating for too long, I prefer eggs...way better

The combo is pretty solid for BCAA and tyrosine, I mix it with juice or Gatorade as well.

japanesedude

I would not recommend P5p at either low or high doses.
I get irritation,anxiety and breathlessness even from 12.5mg P5p.
I've also read somewhere that Pyridoxine Hydrochroride is a 5AR enchancer and P5P is a 5AR Inhibitor.

johnwester130

I've also read somewhere that Pyridoxine Hydrochroride is a 5AR enchancer and P5P is a 5AR Inhibitor.

Thanks for this.

I also felt worse on P5p.

also, 12.5mg of p5p acts more like 60mg of b6

Xisca

This topic is going to save me! Solgar is 50 mg p5p and it is enteric coated, so I was just taking it from time to time.
I will stay with energin, as it is 6mg.

I will coment if I can sleep better. But I didn't get the effect of remembering dreams? ?!

Last edited:

johnwester130

This topic is going to save me! Solgar is 50 mg p5p and it is enteric coated, so I was just taking it from time to time.
I will stay with energin, as it is 6mg.

I will coment if I can sleep better. But I didn't get the effect of remembering dreams? ?!

maybe normal b6 will work

Xisca

I had taken so many times Mg with B6 with no result!
With high p5p Mg was efficient for removing muscle spasm.
But my night cramps are coming back...
Any way I stop p5p appart from energin.

Dezertfox

won't Pyridoxine Hydrochroride cause hair loss if it's a 5AR enhancer?

Experienced

I took 25mg P5P every day for the past week before going to sleep and i could never remember my dreams but now i can which is really weird. They seem quite intense too. Is this a normal effect of the p5p or should i stop taking it? Been having multiple dreams every night :eek:
If I take too much B6 before bed, I can't sleep either and if I do, I get weird **** dreams and super intense. I haven't tried the P5P version though. If you can't sleep magnesium or glycine should help.
Had this similair effects way back when I started with this Forum and I was young still remember the dream I've seen it was very messed up

P5P is needed for the production of melatonin, also known as the sleep hormone. Research hasn’t found a direct link between P-5-P levels and insomnia, but taking vitamin B6 before bed increased melatonin release from the pineal gland in a study of 120 children [39, 40, 41].

One pilot study suggests they might be right. In six healthy people, vitamin B6 infusions before exercise increased growth hormone levels and decreased prolactin levels, compared with placebo [43].
However, this study:

• Had a tiny sample.
  • Was conducted back in 1982. and no newer research has replicated its findings.
  • Used vitamin B6, not P-5-P.

In a recent study on mice and cells, P-5-P lowered both prolactin and growth hormone. It’s hard to say how these cell-based findings translate to humans [44].

Pyridoxine inhibited the pituitary gland and caused a slight drop in prolactin in 2 smaller clinical trials. In a study on mice cells, pyridoxal phosphate suppressed [78, 79, 44]:

Doctors had to withdraw P-5-P in some newborns with severe digestive issues. It also increased liver enzymes in newborns with no apparent symptoms [75].

Just like pyridoxine, P-5-P seems to make dreams more real and vivid.

Hans

Forum Supporter
So P5P inibhit 5ar ? @Hans
There are two in vitro studies suggesting that. Normal amounts obtained via the diet or small amounts via supplementation is unlikely to inhibit it. Even large doses to correct a deficiency is unlikely to be an issue, unless overload starts to happen.

Zinc had been shown to inhibit 5ar in vitro, but zinc deficiency significantly upregulates DHT deactivation. Zinc sufficient animals had significantly higher DHT than zinc deficient animals.

I think that same counts for B6.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals