Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

Gone Peating

@haidut how strong of an MAOI is oxidal? I've taken about 25 drops throughout the day so far today trying to help a cold. It really hasn't done much, my issue is mostly congestion. I just bought some Sudafed but it says do not use with a prescription MAOI.

Inaut

We have not changed the formula. What happened is that sometimes when the mixture we use for Oxidal is heated to sterilize it before bottling, the MB in the mixture oxidizes the benzoic acid into the powerful 1,2-benzoquinone and the process some of the MB gets reduced and loses its color. But the product still contains the same amount of MB as before. The reduced portion will quickly gets converted back into the oxidized version once inside the organism and it still works as a redox agent. The same thing happens with CoQ10 - i.e. the oxidized version is ubiquinone and the reduced version is ubiquinol. Both work equally well as redox agents.
Btw, the conversion of benzoic acid into 1,2-benzoquinone is exactly what we want to happen and it is why we added benzoic acid to the product to start with. That 1,2-benzoquinone is what William Koch used to treat cancer back in the early 20th century and he considered it the most potent naturally occurring quinone. So, the product as a whole still acts as an oxidizing agent since the oxidizing potential simply got partially transferred from MB to the benzoquinone, but it did not get lost.
I hope that clarifies the situation.

What do you think about brewing pau d'arco with cinnamon @haidut? I know the concentrations of the quinones in the bark wouldn't be as much/potent as in the Oxidal formula with MB but would it create a similar benzoquinone molecule with heat extraction? Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What do you think about brewing pau d'arco with cinnamon @haidut? I know the concentrations of the quinones in the bark wouldn't be as much/potent as in the Oxidal formula with MB but would it create a similar benzoquinone molecule with heat extraction? Thanks

Why do you need to mix cinnamon with Pau D'Arco? The latter already has various quinones that have basically the same effect as 1,2-benzoquinone. Beta-lapachone is a 1,2-naphthoquinone and because it works almost exactly like 1,2-benqozuinone William Koch was experimenting with lapacho bark as cancer treatment. He was using 1,2-benzoquinone in the US and after he got exiled the beta-lapachone was the closest he could find naturally.

Inaut

Why do you need to mix cinnamon with Pau D'Arco? The latter already has various quinones that have basically the same effect as 1,2-benzoquinone. Beta-lapachone is a 1,2-naphthoquinone and because it works almost exactly like 1,2-benqozuinone William Koch was experimenting with lapacho bark as cancer treatment. He was using 1,2-benzoquinone in the US and after he got exiled the beta-lapachone was the closest he could find naturally.

Thanks haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut how strong of an MAOI is oxidal? I've taken about 25 drops throughout the day so far today trying to help a cold. It really hasn't done much, my issue is mostly congestion. I just bought some Sudafed but it says do not use with a prescription MAOI.

It depends a lot on the person but in vitro studies show potent EC50 of just 0.5 uM/L for MAO-A and some people said they got clear serotonin symptoms when combining with other serotonergic chemicals like a few drinks of alcohol. So, I'd be careful with higher doses especially if eating high tyramine foods.

Hanzo

I have been taking it for 2 days around 2mg. I feel relaxed, slightly drowsy and does off sometimes. Is this more of a sleep supp. For me? @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have been taking it for 2 days around 2mg. I feel relaxed, slightly drowsy and does off sometimes. Is this more of a sleep supp. For me? @haidut

Lowering lactate, which increases CO2, tends to have this pro-sleep effect. Also, MB may have anti-cortisol effects too, which also helps relax/sleep.

Hanzo

Lowering lactate, which increases CO2, tends to have this pro-sleep effect. Also, MB may have anti-cortisol effects too, which also helps relax/sleep.

I am combining it with lapodin and it feels great to sleep. Just wish I could use diamant for the day but as you previously said it should not be paired with MB. My goal is to bring up the dose to 5mg for the temperature. I just dont sweat anymore only when I exercise and in certain areas.

golder

I am combining it with lapodin and it feels great to sleep. Just wish I could use diamant for the day but as you previously said it should not be paired with MB. My goal is to bring up the dose to 5mg for the temperature. I just dont sweat anymore only when I exercise and in certain areas.
You can’t use diamant the morning after the use of oxidal in the evening? Could you please help explain why? Thanks!

Hanzo

You can’t use diamant the morning after the use of oxidal in the evening? Could you please help explain why? Thanks!

I was told Diamant has a half life of 24 hours so pairing it with Oxidal like that can be risky because of MAO-A binding.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ursolic acid has some MAO-A activity i read so it might be risky with Oxidal right? @haidut

Yes, that's what I have heard as well. So, I'd be careful using with Oxidal.

Hanzo

Yes, that's what I have heard as well. So, I'd be careful using with Oxidal.

I get recommended boatloads of supplements in my social circle and environment so it is always good to have this thread. I only take oxidal and lapodin at night. Oxidal has lubricated my fast twitch muscles and makes every breath feel great. Feels like I am breathing to live and not to survive. Increased sweat or temps not sure if there yet but this is getting very interesting. I am around 5mg a day. Increasing dose little by little. Hopefully its effects dont wax over time?

LucyL

My most recent order of oxidal (arrived a couple weeks ago) was a pale blue in color, quite different from a bottle I ordered a couple years ago, which was very dark staining blue. What's the difference?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I get recommended boatloads of supplements in my social circle and environment so it is always good to have this thread. I only take oxidal and lapodin at night. Oxidal has lubricated my fast twitch muscles and makes every breath feel great. Feels like I am breathing to live and not to survive. Increased sweat or temps not sure if there yet but this is getting very interesting. I am around 5mg a day. Increasing dose little by little. Hopefully its effects dont wax over time?

I have not received reports of adaptation yet. It just does not seem to happen with quinone products like Oxidal, Kuinone, Lapodin, etc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My most recent order of oxidal (arrived a couple weeks ago) was a pale blue in color, quite different from a bottle I ordered a couple years ago, which was very dark staining blue. What's the difference?

Some of the MB can get reduced and lose color, and in the process oxidize the benzoic acid to 1,2-benzoquinone. So, the oxidizing potency is still there but has been transferred to the 1,2-benzoquinone. Also, then MB gets inside the organism it quickly gets reoxidized and it regains the deep blue color.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals