Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

Regina

All at once. I plan on stopping for a while. I had initially taken 20mg and then nothing for about 5-6 days. I noticed that I was getting a positive effect even in those days that I had not taken any. Hopefully I've killed whatever is down there. Thyroid was the only other thing that managed to control my symptoms, but even at about 4 grains / day I wasn't seeing a resolution of symptoms. I'll report back in a couple weeks, hopefully with positive news.
I'll try larger doses of oxidal too.
My tendency toward IBS has mostly resolved. I also took ketotifen.
I'm thinking MB, niacinamide, ketotifen, T3 and taurine, caffeine for the win. :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what is the shelf life of this product?

FDA regulations state that liquid products should be advertised as having a shelf life no longer than 12 months.

johnwester130

I'll try larger doses of oxidal too.
My tendency toward IBS has mostly resolved. I also took ketotifen.
I'm thinking MB, niacinamide, ketotifen, T3 and taurine, caffeine for the win. :D

there is already an IBS drug that uses methylene blue, so it can definitely help. oxidal should work the same

image.cfm

Waynish

Which substances have you found the most useful to take around MB? I'm guessing sugar would be one, since it raises metabolism. Obviously, the substances oxidal contains help - anything else you've had success enhancing its effects or reducing negative effects you've experienced on it?

papaya

Not sure, but possible. Most studies with benzoic acid as an uncoupler were done with sodium benzoate.
does this mean that drinking diet soda with sodium/potassium benzoate & caffeine can be good for you? i think i also remember you mentioning some positive benefits of aspartame????

ddjd

@haidut there was a different post about some methylene blue products containing heavy metal contamination. Can you just let me know if you've had your product analysed or if you're certain there's no problems re this issue thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
does this mean that drinking diet soda with sodium/potassium benzoate & caffeine can be good for you? i think i also remember you mentioning some positive benefits of aspartame????

It depends on how much of the benzoate is inside that bottle. I suspect they put a LOT to ensure long shelf life. Higher amounts do have toxicity risks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut there was a different post about some methylene blue products containing heavy metal contamination. Can you just let me know if you've had your product analysed or if you're certain there's no problems re this issue thanks

The MB we use is USP-grade. We have not analyzed it ourselves, but will probably do so now that you bring it up. I think the USP certification ensures low levels of heavy metals, but the only way to know for sure is to test.

ddjd

The MB we use is USP-grade. We have not analyzed it ourselves, but will probably do so now that you bring it up. I think the USP certification ensures low levels of heavy metals, but the only way to know for sure is to test.
Would you say oxidal is your best supplement for combatting nitric oxide?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would you say oxidal is your best supplement for combatting nitric oxide?

One of them. Adamantane is also pretty good as per the study I posted recently. Lapodin is also excellent for that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tara

So is the RP stance that MB's optimal dose for all conditions would be less than 1mg/day, or that some therapies - like killing bacteria - would be served will safely using high dose MB?
My understanding is that Peat does not generally recommend it for anything that can be resolved with thyroid or progesterone or other diet (or maybe other more 'natural (my phrase) tactics?).

Not to say people shouldn't use it, and I've used it myself, but not on the basis that Peat is recommending it as a general supplement for everybody.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut have you gotten results about heavy metals in the methylene blue

Yes, we have. The USP standard allows 10ppm for most heavy metals and our tests showed < 1 ppm for lead, cadmium, nickel, cobalt, and aluminium.

babadook

I've been dealing with what I think is some sort of fungal infection for the past year and a half. My symptoms seem to fit with IBS, but rifaxamin did not provide much relief. I started taking 15-20 mg oxidal for the past week and for the first time I'm starting to see my symptoms disappear. I had gained about 10 lbs, but since starting MB I've lost about 5 of those. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had relief from IBS related symptoms after taking higher doses of MB.

I wanted to follow up on this post that I had made a couple months ago. MB did not end up curing the IBS, but niacinamide did. It seemed that the most powerful substances in improving my symptoms were those that had direct effects on the cortisol enzymes (aspirin, niacinamide, DHEA). A couple weeks of about 2-3g niacinamide and all my symptoms were gone. It's hard to say for sure that it was the niacinamide since I was also taking thyroid and amitryptyline, but these had not cured the IBS in past attempts.

I should also note that I think there are various causes of IBS. Some people may have IBS related to SIBO, in which case antibiotics may be more effective. I also think that serotonin is a likely culprit in many cases as well. I'm not sure how often cortisol is explored as the cause of IBS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to many cases as well.