Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

Kray

I think the UTI benefits from from internal use - oral or injection. As we have said many times in this thread and others - Oxidal is made with only food-grade and/or USP-grade ingredients but the license if such that we can only endorse external use. It should have similar effects either way but for topical use the dose may need to be 3-4 times higher to achieve the same blood concentration as oral use.

I understand your limitations in advertisement. I know Dr. Peat uses topical method. Is his 60mcg recommendation for topical use? If so, would 3-4 times more than oral dose be necessary? Does topical release into body slowly and accumulate over time with continued application?

And should it be rubbed in, or just dabbed on?

Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I understand your limitations in advertisement. I know Dr. Peat uses topical method. Is his 60mcg recommendation for topical use? If so, would 3-4 times more than oral dose be necessary? Does topical release into body slowly and accumulate over time with continued application?

And should it be rubbed in, or just dabbed on?

Thanks for clarifying.

I think rubbed in would be best. Not sure about his recommendations though - sometimes he used an chemical both orally and topically. In any event, the 3-4 times higher dose for topical applies no matter what the oral dose is.

Kray

I think rubbed in would be best. Not sure about his recommendations though - sometimes he used an chemical both orally and topically. In any event, the 3-4 times higher dose for topical applies no matter what the oral dose is.

Are Oxidal’s label instructions for topical application? If so, can you recommend a conservative starting dose for topical application?

tomisonbottom

Are Oxidal’s label instructions for topical application? If so, can you recommend a conservative starting dose for topical application?

He has said 1mg is a good dose for most people, and usually what RP recommends.
So you could start with that and see how it goes, and potentially up it to 3-4 drops if needed.

tomisonbottom

@haidut

I want to create an entry that lists out the high-tyramine foods that should be avoided when taking oxidal (especially in 10+mg doses). Can you add to the list below?

- Cheddar Cheese
- American Cheese
- Beer
- Dried meats (sausages, salami, etc.)
- Pickled foods (sauerkraut, etc.)
- Soy sauce, etc.
- Parmesan cheese

Also, coffee to be avoided for blood-pressure raising properties.

Anything else?

Are you taking 10+ mg doses?

Waynish

I think the quoted dose was 1mg/kg in humans.

So is the RP stance that MB's optimal dose for all conditions would be less than 1mg/day, or that some therapies - like killing bacteria - would be served will safely using high dose MB?

Waynish

I guess the other part of my question here is: who has done so-called "high dose" MB? In Haidut's "1mg/kg" quote, that would be ~140 drops for a 70kg person! Seems pretty crazy considering the effects of 1 drop.

kayumochi

When younger I played a lot of tennis and as a consequence have actinic keratosis on my forearms from the solar exposure. As I detailed in another thread, niacinamide and aspirin have greatly improved the health of the skin and there isn't much of anything for the dermatologist to remove using liquid nitrogen anymore. During spring of this year I had a place on the back of one hand that looked like a wart, but it wasn't. Later it got knocked off. Then some crazy look growth came back in the same spot. I had never seen anything like it. Finally, I peeled it off without any pain or bleeding. But for weeks it didn't heal then it semi-healed but was still pink and tender to the touch until recently. I thought it might be skin cancer and I would have to have it surgically removed and have been meaning to call the dermatologist. Then Oxidal came in the mail and I thought I'd put some on first and see what happened. Well, today, after only applying the Oxidal 4 times, it seems healed: the redness is completely gone and it is no longer tender to the touch. The Oxidal caused a little blue scab to form at the top and now that that is gone, the entire area is just a little rough from dead skin.

Any idea what has happened?

Kibs

Really interested in this product, If haidut or any of you knowledgable folks could give me some insight please would be much appreciated.

1/ Regarding igf-1 does mb really decrease it and if so is it a significant amount or would this be cancelled my use of growth hormone peptides, not synthetic GH.
(Please no negatives about raising igf-1, raising my own GH/igf-1 has done wonders for me that beat anything I’ve ever used = well being, skin/hair quality, skin tightening, incredible sleep, stripping fat)

2/ would there be any issues or benifits to applying on the scalp directly or would other site applications do the same thing regarding hair,does it stain blue? Seems to be very good reports elsewhere regarding growing hair back.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So is the RP stance that MB's optimal dose for all conditions would be less than 1mg/day, or that some therapies - like killing bacteria - would be served will safely using high dose MB?

I think the 1mg daily dose was for long term usage and benefits seen in the progeria reversal and skin aging reversal studies. Specific infections conditions like SIBO may need higher doses but the so-called photodynamic therapy combining bright red light with MB could allow for much lower doses to be used. Maybe as low as 10mg - 15mg single daily bolus dose.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When younger I played a lot of tennis and as a consequence have actinic keratosis on my forearms from the solar exposure. As I detailed in another thread, niacinamide and aspirin have greatly improved the health of the skin and there isn't much of anything for the dermatologist to remove using liquid nitrogen anymore. During spring of this year I had a place on the back of one hand that looked like a wart, but it wasn't. Later it got knocked off. Then some crazy look growth came back in the same spot. I had never seen anything like it. Finally, I peeled it off without any pain or bleeding. But for weeks it didn't heal then it semi-healed but was still pink and tender to the touch until recently. I thought it might be skin cancer and I would have to have it surgically removed and have been meaning to call the dermatologist. Then Oxidal came in the mail and I thought I'd put some on first and see what happened. Well, today, after only applying the Oxidal 4 times, it seems healed: the redness is completely gone and it is no longer tender to the touch. The Oxidal caused a little blue scab to form at the top and now that that is gone, the entire area is just a little rough from dead skin.

Any idea what has happened?

This is great! Thanks so much for sharing!
I think methylene blue is really good at restraining excessive epidermal growth, similar to topical vitamin A but probably much more effective. I have received a few other reports like this with Kuinone and Lapodin, both of which have similar effects to MB.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Really interested in this product, If haidut or any of you knowledgable folks could give me some insight please would be much appreciated.

1/ Regarding igf-1 does mb really decrease it and if so is it a significant amount or would this be cancelled my use of growth hormone peptides, not synthetic GH.
(Please no negatives about raising igf-1, raising my own GH/igf-1 has done wonders for me that beat anything I’ve ever used = well being, skin/hair quality, skin tightening, incredible sleep, stripping fat)

2/ would there be any issues or benifits to applying on the scalp directly or would other site applications do the same thing regarding hair,does it stain blue? Seems to be very good reports elsewhere regarding growing hair back.

I don't think a dose of 1mg daily would have much of an effect on GH/IGF, good or bad. It does stain pretty visibly but it is great for scalp health and the spot should disappear within a day or two as MB gets reduced through the metabolism of scalp cells.

kayumochi

This is great! Thanks so much for sharing!
I think methylene blue is really good at restraining excessive epidermal growth, similar to topical vitamin A but probably much more effective. I have received a few other reports like this with Kuinone and Lapodin, both of which have similar effects to MB.

Thanks for the reply. It is completely healed now.

babadook

I've been dealing with what I think is some sort of fungal infection for the past year and a half. My symptoms seem to fit with IBS, but rifaxamin did not provide much relief. I started taking 15-20 mg oxidal for the past week and for the first time I'm starting to see my symptoms disappear. I had gained about 10 lbs, but since starting MB I've lost about 5 of those. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had relief from IBS related symptoms after taking higher doses of MB.

Waynish

I've been dealing with what I think is some sort of fungal infection for the past year and a half. My symptoms seem to fit with IBS, but rifaxamin did not provide much relief. I started taking 15-20 mg oxidal for the past week and for the first time I'm starting to see my symptoms disappear. I had gained about 10 lbs, but since starting MB I've lost about 5 of those. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had relief from IBS related symptoms after taking higher doses of MB.
Cool! "High dose..." Did you have negative symptoms from it?

babadook

Cool! "High dose..." Did you have negative symptoms from it?

It's caused me to have some diarrhea and last night I was dealing with the chills. But I think it must be related to whatever is dying inside me haha. Aside from that, no negative effects at all. I took 20mg all at once and no issue. Apart from thyroid, this has been the most effective substance I've taken in dealing with my symptoms. Still not over everything, but hopeful that it's coming to an end.

Waynish

It's caused me to have some diarrhea and last night I was dealing with the chills. But I think it must be related to whatever is dying inside me haha. Aside from that, no negative effects at all. I took 20mg all at once and no issue. Apart from thyroid, this has been the most effective substance I've taken in dealing with my symptoms. Still not over everything, but hopeful that it's coming to an end.
Was it the only substance you were on at this time? Just curious.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

This is amazing feedback! Thanks so much for sharing.
Are you taking the full 15mg-20mg at once or in divided doses? In doses over 5mg at once MB becomes an uncoupling agent so it can raise temps to an uncomfortable level if taken for a few days, as it build up over time (especially in the brain).

babadook

This is amazing feedback! Thanks so much for sharing.
Are you taking the full 15mg-20mg at once or in divided doses? In doses over 5mg at once MB becomes an uncoupling agent so it can raise temps to an uncomfortable level if taken for a few days, as it build up over time (especially in the brain).

All at once. I plan on stopping for a while. I had initially taken 20mg and then nothing for about 5-6 days. I noticed that I was getting a positive effect even in those days that I had not taken any. Hopefully I've killed whatever is down there. Thyroid was the only other thing that managed to control my symptoms, but even at about 4 grains / day I wasn't seeing a resolution of symptoms. I'll report back in a couple weeks, hopefully with positive news.